Cover Girl Professional Mascara-Smudgeproof

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very lengthening! The wand is great for separation and saturation as well. Very suprised to be so pleased!

on 3/10/2012 1:07:00 PM

So Ive been looking for the perfect mascara for the longest time and this comes pretty close, I absolutley love this mascara it makes my lashes long and gives good volume only bad thing is it does flake a little and it takes like 7 coats to get were I want it to be but the brush gives a great curl to

on 2/18/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This mascara is ok. The second i took the wand out, I knew I wouldnt like it though. The consistency of the formula is very thick. I felt like my lashes were getting stuck on the want when I tried to apply it. The results are nothing no rave about. Kind of natural ish looking. It gives more length than volume. Its the type of mascara that I would get like a 12 year old Its not gonna give you false lashes and it doesnt clump

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this. Its a bit clumpy and I dont like the curved brush much but it worked pretty well for me overall. It wasnt too dry and wasnt too wet and was very black. I like it all together and probably wouldnt recommend it becuase I wont buy it again.

on 3/1/2011 9:46:00 PM

I've been using this product for many years now. I've tried other mascaras but always come back to it.
The main thing I like about it is that it hardens a bit and keeps a curl. I know some think this may be a con but I've tried others that are nice but too soft and make my eyelashes droop.
The smudgeproof works well for me because it washes off with soap and water and I don't have problems with it smudging.
I will say this though....over the last year I have noticed that there seems to be less product in the tube and/or it dries out and becomes very clumpy. I'm buying a tube every other week. It used to last me a lot longer.

on 2/22/2011 11:52:00 AM

It smudges less that most mascaras do on me, but still, it smudges. Mascara is my most difficult make up challenge. I have very oily lids, and that seems to be what makes mascaras turn me into a raccoon. Only Clinique Lash Power never does. Anyhow, back to this Cover Girl Product.

The price is great. About $5 at Walmart. I bought the version with the straight brush. I see they also sell this in a waterproof version, again with the choice of a straight or curved brush. The brush is fine, the consistency of the mascara is fine. It gives nice definition and some length, nothing dramatic, but ok.

I keep looking for something that stays put on me like the Clinique Lash Power, but with more drama. I will keep looking.

on 2/17/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Excellent mascara!

As with many other reviewers, I'm surprised by how many bad reviews this product got...

Well, here's what I thought:

PROS:

- Smudge proof
- Long-lasting curl
- Easy application
- No clumps

CONS:
- Doesn't give much volume or length

I love that its smudge proof. Expensive brands like Benetint, Christian Dior, and Tarte ALWAYS wore off at the end of the day. With this mascara I never have to worry about raccoon eyes anymore!

Its easy to remove with Pond's cold cream as well. I've been using this for a few weeks and I haven't had problems with the mascara clumping up or drying out.

All in all, this is a very good everyday mascara. If you want something with a little more "oomph" look else where.

on 10/19/2010 8:36:00 PM

I can't speak high enough about this mascara. I literally get asked "what kind of mascara do you use" almost every other day!

on 8/26/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow....I'm really surprised at the bad reviews. I just randomly picked this up at Wal-mart this summer while looking for a waterproof mascara. I normally don't wear waterproof. However, it has been so hot and incredibly humid where I live that my curled eyelashes were totally straightened after walking out the door. I needed something to keep them curled in the high humidity. This mascara has been great for me. My lashes stay up and curled all day. It doesn't clump or smudge for me. Goes on smooth and I haven't had any difficulty getting it off with Clinque eye make-up remover. Separates and lengthens well for me....I'm not looking for a thickening mascara. I will repurchase.

I would never ever buy this product ever again! It's the worse mascara I've ever used. When I brush on the product, my lashes, literally gets stuck on the wand. It looks horrible on my lashes, because of the disturbing clumps it creates. It does nothing for my lashes... It's definitely smudge proof, so much that I can't take the mascara off with my lancome makeup remover, i also go in with olive oil, but it still wouldn't come off. Save your money on something better!

Popular Mascaras