August 21, 2014 | 1130 users online

Skincare - Body - Aura Cacia - Sweet Almond Natural Skin Care Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by ivorybeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this sweet almond oil at night instead of eye cream. It's moisturizing but not greasy. It has made my lashes fuller and less brittle. The skin under my eyes looks so much healthier since using this. All you need is a few drops, I definitely recommend you give this oil a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome for winters dry eyes and skin!

Pros: it's light no smell it moisturizers cheap if you buy the regular one at whole foods not organic) pretty good deal for $6

Cons: don't use on t zone because it'll cause blackheads

I use all over my face and neck except my nose every night . In the day I use moisturizing cream. One pump is more than enough for the face so it'll last forever or at least all winter in nyc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I like this a lot. I used plain sweet almond oil without added vitamin E for some time. I could not find it locally when I was out so I got this. Its not the same at all so if your skin isn't truly all that dry or you've never tried sweet almond oil alone first, this may be too rich for you.

The viscosity of this is much thicker which is the most obvious difference. SAO on its own is a rather thin oil. Thicker than jojoba, thinner than EVOO but vit E changes the composition of the oil too. I felt like SAO isn't enough on its own for my very, very dry skin, I used it under other products. This is thick enough, moisturizing enough on its own.

But I like the plain version for removing makeup more because when this gets in my very dry eyes I find it quite irritating.

That said I like this a lot. I use this as a buffer under my AHA cream. I use this daily in some capacity and will repurchase when I use it up as it causes me no irritation and adds moisture.

I would love the bottle, you squeeze it but would prefer if I could control the amt. Each squeeze let's out the same amt each time, about a tsp, which can be wasteful for some. I make sure to apply the excess to my neck, hands and hair, so as not to waste any. I plan to get a smaller squeeze bottle to decant this into for more control. Its hygenic but again, let's out a bit much for my needs.

For very dry skin this SAO with vit E is very good stuff. Its a hybrid not a watered down SAO as stated on the label. I'm not sure why anyone would say this isn't high quality because its not pure SAO. Its clearly labeled as to what it is and we have to be carfeul consumers. The good news is for those who like SAO but at times due to very dry skin, want/need something heftier, this is a great option.
One last thing, many oils can be used under makeup (no spf here so save for night). After applying let sink in a bit then rinse your face well. Enough will be retained to wear under base makeup but not be an oily mess. However even with the added vit E there isn't a greasy feel, it absorbs quite well at least on my dry skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

This is one of my HG products, as when I apply it after getting out of the shower, it really absorbs and I don't have dry skin, especially in the winter. I'm actually on my second bottle of this, and plan to repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Totally agree with previous reviewer.

I got this as a freebie with an Aura Cacia purchase and I have been blown away.

The same week I bought 8 oz of Kiehl's "Superbly Restorative Argan Oil" @ 42 bucks and it wasn't even half of what this product is.

It's a little heavy to put on, but I love that there is no fragrance (no almond fragrance, it's just the name of the oil), but if you want to add and essential oil for fragrance you can.

Very restorative. My skin is like a baby's back side .... great for the neck, chest, all over the body (must try on lashes, great idea).

Price point .... ridiculously affordable.

Definite repurchase, and will be trying more in the Aura Cacia line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

*Snicker* Drugstore eye makeup removers... "Snicker*
Hmm? What? Oh, don't mind me. I was just giggling over the idea of spending my hard earned money on cosmetic eye makeup removers instead of using this little beauty. I adore this sweet almond oil! Not only does it makes the most fantastic, gentle, safe eye makeup remover, but it's cheap to boot! I spent about $5.99 on mine at Whole Foods, which is alot better than spending ten dollars on the Neutrogena eye makeup remover I used to use before Aura Cacia. I just get a little on a cotton ball, swipe a few times, and voila! Makeup's gone! It is a tad bit oily, so I just wet the other side of the cotton ball and wipe my eyes a bit to remove excess oil.
Oh, and can you believe that since I started using this sweet almond oil, my lashes have grown longer and thicker? It might be due to the Vitamin E that Aura Cacia puts in their oils, but I can assume that it's due to almond oil's conditioning benefits as well. Hey, eyelashes and eyebrows are hair too, why not condition them to keep them healthy?
I also use this particular oil as a conditioning treatment pre-poo on clarifying days. I rub some oil (sometimes I put a little bit in a bowl and heat it up int he microwave) through my dry hair, sleep on it, wake up in the morning, shampoo and condition, and bam! Softer, shinier hair.
I love this little miracle. It's available, affordable, lasts a while, and is overall one of the best decisions I've ever made for my beauty routine.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought a new bottle of this after I don't know how long - maybe more than a year!! and I wonder how I lived without it all this time. I used to never NOT have it, then for a while I was using some of that Burts Bees Apricot Baby Oil - it was being discontinued at a local store and the price was so low I bought 4 or 5 bottles, storing them in the fridge so they wouldn't get rancid...but the BB apricot oil is just too heavy compared to this sweet almond oil.

Best oil there is. Light, not heavy or sticky or cloying at all. Sinks right in. Great for everything, from removing makeup to oil cleansing to moisturizing to shaving to hair conditioning - my ex had thick curly dark hair, and after showering would run it thru his hair as a leave in, his hair looked so shiny and felt so soft that I didn't mind him wasting stuff.

I especially love putting this on wet skin right after showering. Some oils are too heavy, and I feel like my skin is suffocating if I use as an all over moisturizer...but not with this. It absorbs quickly and just leaves you feeling soft and smooth.

I also experimented with adding essential oils, such as lavender, and trying to use as a perfume oil. I believe the essential oil I used for this, lavender, was not a good enough quality and the scent didn't last...but with a better essential oil, the almond oil would probably be great as a carrier oil. Buy at Whole Foods or most health stores. Worth every penny!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually put a little of this on damp skin and then apply my normal moisturizer. I've noticed that it makes me look more awake, reduces the appearance of my under-eye circles and little lines, evens out my skin tone, softens my skin, and conditions my lashes. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but I feel like when I put this on my lips it plumps them up a little bit. I also use it on my hands and cuticles, and it makes an instant difference. Recently I got a rash from using too much Jojoba oil (stupid mistake), and every lotion I tried to put on the rash burned like crazy. This oil soothed and healed.

That being said, the package is really weird. No matter how gently I try to squeeze out a little bit, but the bottle wants to dispense the exact same quarter-sized amount every single time. It might be kind of cool if it weren't so annoying.

In any case, I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this oil! i put it on my face at night before i go to bed (just a drop or two, &i'm not acne prone so i dont know how well it works for acne prone skin) and i wake up in the morning to glowing, fresh skin. i love love love the way my skin looks with this oil. the only thing i cant stand is the packaging. you squeeze it a tiny bit and a giant flood comes pouring out the stupid squeeze top. oh well, small price to pay. i'm gonna try this on my hair and see how it works out. did i mention i love this stuff?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by marbief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil is fantastic for frizzy hair. Mine is long and fine and thick, but I have a lot of flyaways. I've tried a variety of silicone products but I HATE how STICKY they are - they don't seem to make my hair any shinier and I can't get the crap off my hands! Yuk. I read about this oil on a long hair site and it really does make my hair shiny and soft without making it oily or limp. Of course I only use a tiny bit. I actually mix it into some Carley's coconut moisturizer, then rub it onto my hands as a moisturizer and then run my hands over the top of my hair and on the dry parts, with excellent effects. I'll never go back to unnatural products - they don't do nearly as well. On the downside: I hate the bottle; I can't figure the stupid thing out. I have to press until a bunch runs out - I never can get a drop. I'm not sure I like the smell, even though I love almonds, but when it's mixed in the coconut moisturizer I can't smell it. And last, I read that it's comedogenic, so I don't use it on my face. On the other hand, I've read so many conflicting things about the comedogenicity of oils that it's about impossible to know what's true. But I've had great luck with avocado oil on my face so I'm just sticking with that.