April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Stila - Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by StefyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love how this makes my skin look. Very radiant, but not oily. I have combination oily/dry skin so it's hard to find something that works. I'm also prone to breakouts and I haven't broken out from it. No smell and good selection of colors. Yes it's a tinted moisturizer so if you're expecting more coverage don't even buy it. I've tried a few other tinted moisturizers and this one has the best coverage. Definitely give this a try of you're looking for a natural look while evening everything out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm super pale. My body tans...all except for my face, neck, and chest. Cheap sunless tanners don't work for me either, and I refuse to pay $50 and up for a tanner that will work. So, I saw on Youtube that you can get a tinted moisturizer that is darker than your regular shade. Since it's more sheer than foundation, it will blend out giving you a natural, darker skintone. IT WORKS! I bought this in warm, and it actually makes me look like a living human. I will probably try to find something high-end again since I think they are more pigmented than drugstore tinted moisturizers. I tried Maybelline and Garnier, but they are too sheer. This is just right. Next time, I'll try to find the oil-free kind, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I bought this at full price at Mecca Cosmetica when I was in uni. Now you can just get it at discount beauty stores for less than $10!!! Anyways, the first time I bought it I was in uni and still experiencing teenage hormonal breakouts. I was recommended the fairest shade, which made me look ghostly pale and did nothing for my skin, if anything it made it worse. I promply discarded it.

Fastforward some years, I bought a second tube of this on a whimsy. Despite a previously bad experience with the original TM, I thought it may have been a case of "right product wrong time". This time around I'm much happier with the shade Light 02 - it's a good match for my skintone without being too yellow or pink. It's still a far cry away from HG because this TM only works best if you already have very good skin i.e. not too dry or oily, no acne, no scars, no wrinkles etc. The coverage is very sheer and the finish is very natural and dewy. If anything, it's still your skin but "better". You won't look like you have any makeup on, which can be a good or bad thing. I wouldn't buy this again because there are definitely better products out there, but for those who have outgrown Covergirl, Dove or Nivea TMs, this is a good starter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best applied with hands, great natural looking coverage. Doesn't case breakouts and leaves skin looking healthy, love this for summer I've worn it to pool parties and beach and it looked great and wore well. Doesn't cover major acne or scars , but you can layer it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by LadySarah24

I was not a fan of this product. NO colour pay off at all and did nothing for my skin. The texture was nice but I ended up putting another colour over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

I wasn't expecting to like this, as I got a sample in medium and am as pale as pale can be (think Irish, but translucent). I was pleasantly surprised to find that this went on easily (without crowding into my pores, making the too-dark shade stand out, or showing imperfections like dry patches). I would definitely buy this in the light shade. The fact that I made it work in a shade that was too dark for me shows what a lovely, blendable TM it is. Admittedly, the coverage is very sheer and does little to cover imperfections, but it won't exacerbate them. Most importantly, it doesn't look like makeup. And, a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Michael0586

I stumbled across this in the 1 shop of all places after going to buy some cotton buds.

I don't usually wear a tinted moisturizer on the skin but I'm going on holiday next month and wanted something to even up my face color whilst I'm away as I only tan my body not my face. They only had one shade in stock which was 'warm' but for 1 I figured I could take the risk.

Review in bullet points:

Consistency: A little runny for my liking, but you only need a tiny amount (unfortunately I should have checked the color in the shop as its far too dark for me) so I'm currently using it as a bronzer on my cheeks and temples.

Smell: Smells of vanilla to me, very subtle once applied the smell completely fades.

Price: As mentioned I got this for a 1 - I'm assuming its been discontinued as its not on their website - but for what I'm using it for it'll last me forever!

Coverage: None that I can tell - I bought it to give me a bit of a bronzed look, which it certainly does - also leaves me looking fresh and dewy!

Overall: Very impressed with this - don't think I would of bought at the normal Stila tinted moisturizer full price of (about 20) but if you can get a cheap then I'd snap it up!

If I ever get the chance to use it as a tinted moisturizer (don't think my body will ever go that brown) then I'll post an update.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by fredinbed

I have been wearing this for years under a mineral powder. The colour is perfect on my skin and it lasts well. I use it mostly for the SPF rating (which is now higher) as most pure sun creams break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lslouffm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It's sheer. If you don't want sheer coverage, don't buy a tinted moisturizer. I find this gives me a little coverage without looking fake, and that's what I want. The colour looks quite natural. I do have to use concealer on any problem areas, but that's not new, even with regular foundation.

One plus is the packaging. It's not as small as the Cargo foundation, but it's not glass, so it's quite easy to carry in my luggage (I travel a lot and travel-worthiness is important to me in my packaging).

I've been using this for years, but I will probably go for something more in the foundation category as my skin ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Temple

Ok, I bought this by mistake - I found it dirt cheap online and hurried to order, thinking I was ordering the Oil-Free version. Only after I have payed did I realize my mistake. I went here on MUA and read the reviews and panicked some more. This product is not receiving much love here. As for me, I have worn it 4 days straight before posting this review.
- I apply it in the morning, after toner and Boscia Refining Treatment - no moisturizer underneath.
- I follow up with a mattifying powder and I am good to go.

It does go on a little thick, but the amount can be controlled very well, no one has to worry about applying to much by mistake. The coverage is sheer as the name implies, it will not cover red spots and blemishes. It does however give the skin a nice uniform and natural look, dewy not mate and also does not sink into pores. On the contrary - to me they seem less obvious.
By lunch time a get a little shiny - 4-5 hours after applying it, and I blot two or three times. True enough, this happens with whatever I have on my face. By the end of the day my makeup looks pretty much how it did in the morning.

I wanted a tinted moisturizer because I really like the natural look, and having combination skin, I was also trying to eliminate the sunscreen from my morning ritual, at least now during the winter. This one fit the bill, I have it in the color Bare and it suits me very well, maybe just a little bit lighter then my skin type, but I prefer that (makes me look more rested). I have light skin but I do not fit with the real Fair skin types, nor with the ones who are Fair-Medium. I am somewhere in between(I do not know where I fit within the MAC color scheme).

So, to conclude, this tinted moisturized did what it promised: offered a sheer and natural coverage, it doesn't mattify but it does not contribute to the oil production, looks very well with a matte powder on top, and it did not clog my acne prone skin. I do realize that everyone is different, and I can see this is not for people with moderate to very oily skin - but if you can find it somewhere cheap, or order it by mistake :), give it a try. Who knows, it might just work for you. I will update if anything changes.