August 29, 2014 | 1872 users online

Eyeliner - NARS - Pencil in Black Moon

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by octazooka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color and texture is ok, but the lasting !!!! I wore it twice and at the end of the morning it simply disappeared, even though i put on some base and powder on my lids. Not very good, unless you just use it for a short shooting.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

This is a good pencil for a very specific look - the smokey eye. It will smudge and run into undereye lines if you don't pre-smudge it, and you'll need to use a fan brush to sweep away any black specks along your cheeks after applying it. Use it before applying any foundation. Frankly, it's a lot of work and not worth the price. The tip is quite hard and drags along your eyelid. This pencil will NOT give you a sharp black line, it WILL give you a nice black shadow of a line that you can smudge out to the outer corners to make your eyes look bigger and more defined. I prefer a subtle eye makeup look, so I've made this work, but would not repurchase. If you use it on your upper waterline, you will soon have it on your lower waterline whether you wanted it there or not. To line my upper waterline, I now use Bobbi Brown gel liner. Still searching for a good lower waterline pencil (message me if you've found one :-)).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Monday1

I agree with all the comments about how terrible this is as an eyeliner. It's too hard, smudges, falls off, and isn't true black! However, like one other reviewer I started using it as a brow pencil. I have near-black eyebrows and have a really hard time finding a brow pencil that matches, but this did! It actually stays amazingly well on my brow line, and its sharpness and hardness make it ideal for this purpose.

I've already bought more, to use as brow pencils, because if Nars has any sense they will change the formula or discontinue this product, and I don't want to be left without the best brow pencil I've ever found!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Pavoreal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I am shocked to see all the hate on Black Moon by NARS! This is hands-down my favorite and most required makeup product. I keep three or four of these on hand at all times so there is one in my purse, one in my bathroom, and one in my travel bag. I find that the texture is very soft, and this goes on very easily on my upper and lower lids. It blends nicely for me as well. Truly can't live without this eyeliner and feel naked without it on!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by teeheehee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really detest this eyeliner. huge waste of cash. it is really poorly pigmented & is very hard. i use this in my brows now b/c i didnt want it to be a big fail. does the job but wouldnt re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

This is a decent eyeliner -- and I will say that it lasted on my waterline; it took makeup remover to get it off. For the price, though, I may not buy this again, as I have found drugstore variety eyeliners that work just as well, if not better (and this is coming from a serious NARSophile!).

My only other gripe is that the cap seems to fall off easily -- I'm not sure if air gets trapped in there when you put the cap on, causing it to pop off, or what the issue is -- but more than once, I have found it rolling around my bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lalalovex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Waste of money. It makes me look like a zombie/vampire/raccoon hybrid. I mean, it's not terrible, but it looks too thick on me by the end of the day. The packaging is just like any other pencil liner. This isn't too bad, but it's not worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by omgitsmercy

This has got to be the absolute worst eyeliner I have ever used or purchased.
It seemed to work really well when the MA applied it but at home it is a nightmare to work with. It takes a lot of force to get any color to show at all, and you completely scratch your eyelids in the process. Never have I encountered such a hard eye pencil!
Also the color payoff is minimal at best and the stay power is horrible.
The only way I can get this product to work even moderately well is by pressing it onto my flat iron for half a second to soften it up before applying.
I would never repurchase another NARS eyeliner again, and considering the price I paid and how well NARS products have worked for me in the past, I was really expecting better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not worth the money. Very hard pencil, very little color pay off. It actually rubbed off the color I had beneath. HG is LM Extreme Black, ds HG is L'Oreal Carbon Black kohl. Don't waste your money on this, too hard to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by greatglamdc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why there was so much haterade on this product- I use this everyday and it works like a charm. If the point is too sharp- just give it a quick press against something flat and wah-lah it's ready to go. I haven't had any problems with this running and i've used it to line outer and inner rims of my eyes. It went on smoothly, was creamy, and lasted long. I would buy this again- I think it's a very dependable black eyeliner.