August 21, 2014 | 1308 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my very first fragrance when it was all the rage in 1994. Total nostalgia when I smell it. Very pretty for a young tween or teen, but also a great summer fragrance in general. Forever reminds me of 6th grade sleepovers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This perfume will always hold a spot in my permanent rotation! It's so sparkly, spazzy, & Sunny.... It's happiness in a bottle, sort of even reminds me of Clinique Happy!! I love this. It's sort of stuck in a 90s decade time warp. If you dug up a time capsule from 1994 you might find a bottle lol. (Just kidding). In all seriousness, this is a perfume I will always keep around & my vain self thinks it smells better on myself than a couple ladies I knew whom wore it, a lot has to do with PH & body chemistry I know. I always enjoy spraying this, it's an instant pick-me-up, it gives me instant energy & positive feelings!! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Ah, Sunflowers. I first discovered this perfume in high school; a girl in one of my classes walked past and I was instantly drawn to this light, fresh beauty of a scent. I demanded to know what it was that she was wearing!

I love Sunflowers. This is a sweet, innocent, summery fragrance with a certain warmth to it. It is not sickeningly sweet or floral like a lot of perfumes these days (e.g. Curious by Britney Spears), but tends to blend in with your own scent and not be overpowering... I can't stand it when I'm standing next to someone and their perfume is just overwhelming my senses!

I would recommend that, instead of spraying directly on the skin, you spray this into the air and walk through it, as the EDP is quite powerful.

The product comes in a clear glass bottle with a white, plastic, dome-shaped lid. The bottle is by no means a stand-out or what you'd call "pretty", but the lovely scent inside more than makes up for it. Also, the packaging is sturdy and the lid attaches with a reassuring "click", so I never worry about taking this perfume with me when I travel.

Give Sunflowers a whirl and get lost in the happiness :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wondered why I loved this fragrance once upon a time. Then as I studied fragrance notes and how they affected me I realized that Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden contains notes of Osmanthus which is extremely good aromatherputic mood lifter. Such a pretty fragrance for a new Mom; or someone who is depressed; as it's soft, fresh and bright. Osmanthus is a calming fragrance; great for depression or just a mild case of the baby blues. Use sparingly, unless you are using a splash or other body product. The EDT is a little heavy.

Note: as my education in fragrances expanded --- and I suppose my nose matured --- I no longer really care for this scent. It's got fragrant memories for this (like after the birth of my daughter) but otherwise there are so many better fragrances out there. This scent is stuck in the 90s where it belongs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

Love this scent! It's such a sunny, comforting smell and reminds me of my teen years. Smells lovely! Lasts ages! Super affordable and I get compliments on it all the time. What more could you want from a perfume... :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I, too, picked up a small bottle of Sunflowers at Walmart recently. I actually fell in love with the scent through Back to Nature's Sunflower leave-in years and years ago and I heard this was the scent it mimicked. Well, it is spot on. The scent is strong but I only dab a little on my neck and wrists and the scent lasts decently throughout the day without being cloying. It conjures good memories of summer and the nineties for me and I agree with those who love this that it is mood boosting. I am glad I found this since it is vibrant scent and works well with my chemistry. There is really no particular age demographic for this imo since I have seen both young and old wear it. Now all I have to do is find that sunflower leave-in....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

I bought this today at Walmart for $6 for a small bottle. It is a nice floral fragrance that is not too overwhelming. I found it to be very pleasant. I may layer it with lighter perfumes. It didn't last very long on my oily skin however.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Swentastic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As the rest of the reviewers here stated, I stumbled on a bottle of this in TJMaxx and HAD to pick it up. Just thinking about the scent made me smile. I wore it in junior high, which was a hormonal turbulent time in my life, and it still manages to take me to a happy time. My mom used to rave about this scent on me - it just "does" something on my skin that I've not been able to find again since! I'm a big fan of clean, bright fragrances and this fits the bill perfectly. As for all the haters, I guess everyone has different nosebuds and thank GOD otherwise we'd all be wearing Sunflowers and how boring would that be?! Sunflowers is fresh, with notes of honey and musky, woody tones under some bright, but not overpowering florals. Go ahead - treat yourself to a nostalgic summer afternoon - it's only $20 a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG signature scent. It smells absolutely amazing. I get compliments on it all the time. This for me is only $19AU per bottle for 100mL, and I managed to get two for $30AU. Now I have 3 bottles, hahahaaha :)
This is a very summery and uplifting scent. When I'm sad, i spray this on me and it helps me feel a lot better.
I have the EDT and it lasts ALL DAY! It is my longest lasting perfume!! I use 3-4 sprays and it lasts me all day. Absolutely amazing!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume and will DEFINITELY buy again (after I finish my 3 bottles hehe)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by gulatipriyanka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

bad bad bad...strong heavy . i purchased this as i really liked it few years ago. I was not aware of perfumes that much and was into strong scents. Now i am a little experienced but not as much as some ladies here, but i do know what is bad. This one to me is extremely floral and spicy...whenever i take a sniff i dont feel like wearing it. It seems like a scent of the black and white era.....and the bottle is very ugly, and yes the color of the scent is also very dark which i do not like. It is not a winter ot a summer scent either