December 21, 2014 | 1665 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was fun to try, but ultimately I cannot reccomend it as one of my top Lush products or products in general. It does give a bit of volume to the hair, but not really that much, for me. I tend to have dry, frizzy, difficult hair anyway. If your hair is more reasonable, it might work great. My other complaint about this is just the container, very easy for excess water to get in there and kind of mess it up. Seal it tight when you're done. Also didn't seem to last as well as other Lush products. Even before the expiration date, it seemed to kind of change in consistency/effectivenss. (Though, to be honest, I did get some water in it when it was toward the bottom, as I mentioned before, and I think that could have affected it).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by omgsushi505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. It makes my hair look fantastic.
what I love is how unique lush's products are. Very creative and different! This is very grainy and suds very well and leaves you with big, beachy, wavy hair! Definitely would recommend if you're willing to spend $25! If not.. try dissolving a tbsp of sea salt in hot water and put into a volumizing shampoo. May give similar results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Update 10/6/14: I discovered that this shampoo was washing out my hair color very quickly. So sad. :( So I switched to Lush's Fairtrade Honey Shampoo, which I really like also. It smells divine (like honey, of course!), and it leaves my hair super soft, with volume, and it preserves my hair color. So that's good! I still follow with Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner ... and they work well together. :)

Ok, I'm just gonna say it. I love this weird shampoo. It is the freakiest stuff I ever put in my hair ... looks like tapioca pudding ... feels like goo covered salt. But wow. It's strange and amazing.
For reference, I have shoulder length hair - baby fine in texture but lots and lots of it ... and it's straight. So therefore I must use massive amounts of product every day to get (and keep) volume in my hair, because unfortunately and ironically, I love me some BIG hair! :)

Of course, this means I must wash my hair everyday. Absolutely MUST! No second day hair for me.

So ... I had some serious doubts that this "natural" stuff could cut through all my hair and all that product. Additionally the salt concerned me ... wouldn't salt suck the moisture OUT OF my hair?? But the sales girl gushed about this shampoo, and she convinced me to give it a shot.

The next morning I got in the shower, wet my mass of slept-on, crazy looking hair down, took about a quarter size dollap of this tapioca pudding shampoo in my hands, rubbed them together to build up some lather and went for it. At first, I really didn't think it was going to work. Doubted it would lather and clean sufficiently. But I soon realized that the lather was increasing quickly. So much lather, cut right through all that product and all that hair. Awesome!! I rinsed and washed again (mainly because I always wash twice no matter what ... have for years, always will) only this time I used about a dime size (since the first wash pretty much got everything clean already). Lathered up amazing! Rinsed clean and quick. Hair and scalp felt squeaky clean, yet somehow still so soft. I followed with Lush's "Happy Happy Joy Joy" conditioner (lightweight just to detangle), and my hair has never looked so SHINY and SOFT and has so much volume! I love it!

Oh and the smell of these products is intoxicating! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by kimmyycat

So yes, this is a nearly $25-30 tub of shampoo. Who would spend that much on freaking shampoo? I thought that too until I was given a generous LUSH gift card and decided to give Big a go. Oh. My. Gosh. I now understand all the hype and the reason why consumers continue to repurchase this item. It makes my hair so unbelievably soft and smooth like second day hair for my fellow frizzy females. Don't let the appearance of the product fool you. The product itself looks really really weird. It really just looks like a tub of big sea salt grains floating in a medium of creamy goo. At first, I thought to myself: "How the heck is all this salt supposed to lather up in my hair?" But omgggg let me tell you. Just a little scoop of this stuff will do, although I do have to distribute the product to where I want it to lather. I use most of the product near my scalp and take whatever is left and lather it through the length of my hair. The only reason I won't give this 5 stars is because of the price. This is most definitely not a product that I would purchase one after another. It would simply get too expensive. It's totally worth it, but it's a luxury.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by libby79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just bought a tub of BIG after trying a few samples and being very impressed. The feel, both to touch and when in your hair, is totally unique to any shampoo I have used - a real enjoyment to use.

I have found the results good, hair feels thicker and would use before any night out or special occasion.

I find the price not too expensive as you can get quite a few uses out of one tub, but no doubt it is a treat product and I will save it for occasions rather than use everyday (unfortunately).

I am slightly disappointed there is no conditioner in the same tub form (only solid, from what I have seen in store) as I would have bought this too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So, my purchase of this product is different than most of these reviews. My hair was supposed to be a pastel pravana mix (turquoise and lavender) and the stylist decided he thought vivids would look better and as a result I had very neon blue and purple hair that was a bit too much for me. I booked an appointment with the renowned guy here for rainbow hair stuff, and this was his recommendation to fade the colour down in 6 weeks so we could go back to a pastel mix. And let me tell you, it fades hair colour like nothing else. My hair went from a vivid shade to a pastel in probably 3 washes. If you dye your hair at all, and want to keep the colour, definitely avoid using this product. If it's permanent hair dye, it won't fade quite as quickly, but Big has the same effect on your hair that chlorine or swimming in the ocean would. Having said that, this is a fantastic once a week clarifying shampoo. As far as the claims that it leaves your hair softer, definitely not... though I didn't expect it to given we're talking sea salt here. I also didn't notice any increased volume, but my hair is extremely thick with a lot of volume naturally so I'm not the best judge of that. Although I do think this does a wonderful job of clarifying.. I probably would not repurchase it because it's insanely expensive for something which given how fast it fades colour is something I could only use the night before I go in to the salon to have colour done again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by supjess

Staff at Lush gave me a trial of this shampoo the other day, and so far, I love it. My hair is short and very fine, and tends to get oily quickly.

This feels super nice going on -- I grab a dollop and smoosh it in my hands to get the lather started before putting it on my head. It doesn't lather much on my hands, but on my head it's suddenly an explosion of suds! The salt gives a good scrub and the shampoo has a great fresh scent.

When I condition after shampooing, my hair feels bouncy and really healthy, and has a really nice shine! My hair is naturally very straight anyway, but with this combo it looked as if it had been straightened -- shiny and smooth.

(Without conditioner it had more oomph but less shine. I didn't really have any trouble detangling, even with fine hair, but I can imagine for those with longer hair it could be trickier.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jennarae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my holy grail shampoo for over a year. I recently ran out and within a week my hair lost the shine and volume I had become accustomed to! I will always have a back up from now on.

Pros
-Enjoyable, mild scent
-Great lather
-Gentle (which is surprising giving the rough texture of the salt)
-Build up free
-Increases shine and volume
-Hair looks healthy after using
-A little goes a long way (a jar usually lasts me 2-3 months)

Cons
-The cost-- it is expensive but worth it

Bottom line
-This is the best shampoo I have ever used. I finally found my holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was a shampoo i was highly skeptical about. It has salt in it so I expected it to dry my hair out, but it did just the opposite! I scoop a little out in my hands, a little less than a quarter, then rub it between my hands before rubbing it into my hair. This helps the little bit go a long way! Also, try to wash from the back of your head to the front, it helps add volume! This has oils in it that actually help detangle my hair and really make it shine. Plus it smells amazing! It's a bright, slightly citrusy scent. Definitely worth a try! This is mainly my summer shampoo, I think the salt helps hair curl and give that beachy wave.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this shampoo! I have a very dry scalp and the coarse sea salt in the shampoo seems to be exfoliating away all the dryness! Delighted! The tub packaging is a bit fiddly but I don't mind it at all as I do think it looks very cool. Lovely fresh scent, kind of like fresh washing or something! Definitely leaves the hair a bit knotty afterwards but nothing a good tangle teaser can't sort out. Extremely clarifying shampoo, just makes you feel so cleansed afterwards and no weird residue that some normal shampoos leave behind!