September 21, 2014 | 1169 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by kimmyycat

So yes, this is a nearly $25-30 tub of shampoo. Who would spend that much on freaking shampoo? I thought that too until I was given a generous LUSH gift card and decided to give Big a go. Oh. My. Gosh. I now understand all the hype and the reason why consumers continue to repurchase this item. It makes my hair so unbelievably soft and smooth like second day hair for my fellow frizzy females. Don't let the appearance of the product fool you. The product itself looks really really weird. It really just looks like a tub of big sea salt grains floating in a medium of creamy goo. At first, I thought to myself: "How the heck is all this salt supposed to lather up in my hair?" But omgggg let me tell you. Just a little scoop of this stuff will do, although I do have to distribute the product to where I want it to lather. I use most of the product near my scalp and take whatever is left and lather it through the length of my hair. The only reason I won't give this 5 stars is because of the price. This is most definitely not a product that I would purchase one after another. It would simply get too expensive. It's totally worth it, but it's a luxury.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by libby79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just bought a tub of BIG after trying a few samples and being very impressed. The feel, both to touch and when in your hair, is totally unique to any shampoo I have used - a real enjoyment to use.

I have found the results good, hair feels thicker and would use before any night out or special occasion.

I find the price not too expensive as you can get quite a few uses out of one tub, but no doubt it is a treat product and I will save it for occasions rather than use everyday (unfortunately).

I am slightly disappointed there is no conditioner in the same tub form (only solid, from what I have seen in store) as I would have bought this too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So, my purchase of this product is different than most of these reviews. My hair was supposed to be a pastel pravana mix (turquoise and lavender) and the stylist decided he thought vivids would look better and as a result I had very neon blue and purple hair that was a bit too much for me. I booked an appointment with the renowned guy here for rainbow hair stuff, and this was his recommendation to fade the colour down in 6 weeks so we could go back to a pastel mix. And let me tell you, it fades hair colour like nothing else. My hair went from a vivid shade to a pastel in probably 3 washes. If you dye your hair at all, and want to keep the colour, definitely avoid using this product. If it's permanent hair dye, it won't fade quite as quickly, but Big has the same effect on your hair that chlorine or swimming in the ocean would. Having said that, this is a fantastic once a week clarifying shampoo. As far as the claims that it leaves your hair softer, definitely not... though I didn't expect it to given we're talking sea salt here. I also didn't notice any increased volume, but my hair is extremely thick with a lot of volume naturally so I'm not the best judge of that. Although I do think this does a wonderful job of clarifying.. I probably would not repurchase it because it's insanely expensive for something which given how fast it fades colour is something I could only use the night before I go in to the salon to have colour done again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by supjess

Staff at Lush gave me a trial of this shampoo the other day, and so far, I love it. My hair is short and very fine, and tends to get oily quickly.

This feels super nice going on -- I grab a dollop and smoosh it in my hands to get the lather started before putting it on my head. It doesn't lather much on my hands, but on my head it's suddenly an explosion of suds! The salt gives a good scrub and the shampoo has a great fresh scent.

When I condition after shampooing, my hair feels bouncy and really healthy, and has a really nice shine! My hair is naturally very straight anyway, but with this combo it looked as if it had been straightened -- shiny and smooth.

(Without conditioner it had more oomph but less shine. I didn't really have any trouble detangling, even with fine hair, but I can imagine for those with longer hair it could be trickier.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jennarae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my holy grail shampoo for over a year. I recently ran out and within a week my hair lost the shine and volume I had become accustomed to! I will always have a back up from now on.

Pros
-Enjoyable, mild scent
-Great lather
-Gentle (which is surprising giving the rough texture of the salt)
-Build up free
-Increases shine and volume
-Hair looks healthy after using
-A little goes a long way (a jar usually lasts me 2-3 months)

Cons
-The cost-- it is expensive but worth it

Bottom line
-This is the best shampoo I have ever used. I finally found my holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was a shampoo i was highly skeptical about. It has salt in it so I expected it to dry my hair out, but it did just the opposite! I scoop a little out in my hands, a little less than a quarter, then rub it between my hands before rubbing it into my hair. This helps the little bit go a long way! Also, try to wash from the back of your head to the front, it helps add volume! This has oils in it that actually help detangle my hair and really make it shine. Plus it smells amazing! It's a bright, slightly citrusy scent. Definitely worth a try! This is mainly my summer shampoo, I think the salt helps hair curl and give that beachy wave.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this shampoo! I have a very dry scalp and the coarse sea salt in the shampoo seems to be exfoliating away all the dryness! Delighted! The tub packaging is a bit fiddly but I don't mind it at all as I do think it looks very cool. Lovely fresh scent, kind of like fresh washing or something! Definitely leaves the hair a bit knotty afterwards but nothing a good tangle teaser can't sort out. Extremely clarifying shampoo, just makes you feel so cleansed afterwards and no weird residue that some normal shampoos leave behind!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

I <3 this . Lush hair products in general are one of my newest obsessions. I wouldn't say this can turn hair into "Texas Hair", however, it does give a bit of bounce. The price is crazy but it does a great job so I may eventually repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really hoping for more after reading the reviews. I can't remember the exact price of this stuff, but I remember it being STEEP. The concept is fun and I like using the shampoo in the shower and how it suds up (guaranteed suds if you use a quarter dollop or more). but the result is always 'meh' for me. I certainly get no added volume and I only have OK hair days when using this. Wish it had performed better, especially for the price. I have a few items from LUSH that I adore, but for the most part I feel as if LUSH products are just overpriced hype. ;-( Oh, I will add that the LUSH "New Hair" shampoo bar (red colored and cinnamon) is one of my favs, even with the high price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about this shampoo having read reviews. I have curly hair that I like to have volume in, rather than it falling flat by the end of the day.

I like the idea of this shampoo with the salt. I like the smell. Unfortunately I didn't notice any real difference in my hair apart from wispy, dry fly aways.

I might continue to use the container every so often to get rid of any product in my hair like a cleanser. But it's definitely not the product I thought it was :(