January 31, 2015 | 953 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2015 10:32:00 AM More reviews by CraxFactor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for massaging my scalp. Very drying as a shampoo. I really like this but I also like to use a lot of it for all the salt. which is economically unfeasible. maybe will add my own. Either way feels very "clarifying."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 9:39:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I am quite impressed with this product. The smell is not too overpowering (not what I expected from Lush) and this leaves my hair feeling and looking very clean. I have noticed an increase in volume, which is always fantastic especially since my hair is fine, thinning, and tends to want to stay flat.

The only downside to this shampoo is the abrasive salt grains suspended in the product. When applied to my hair this can feel like it is pulling my hair out (it isnít, I have noticed no more fallout than usual) due to the scrubbing action of the salt. I do like this shampoo and I would absolutely buy this again regardless of the high price (around $25.00).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sloesch14

I use this stuff about once or twice every other week and the tub has lasted me almost a year. So while Big is super pricey, it has lasted. You don't need much, it lathers nicely and I use the salt to scrub my scalp. The smell is fantastic and makes me feel like I am on at the beach which makes my shower extra fun. It is a salty ocean lemon scent. It makes my hair super shiny and gives a nice wave. It gives a little volume but not as much as I'd hoped for. Either way I liked this product! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Nadia2r

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this shampoo, it smells nice and gives great volume to your hair. leave hair clean and bouncy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was fun to try, but ultimately I cannot reccomend it as one of my top Lush products or products in general. It does give a bit of volume to the hair, but not really that much, for me. I tend to have dry, frizzy, difficult hair anyway. If your hair is more reasonable, it might work great. My other complaint about this is just the container, very easy for excess water to get in there and kind of mess it up. Seal it tight when you're done. Also didn't seem to last as well as other Lush products. Even before the expiration date, it seemed to kind of change in consistency/effectivenss. (Though, to be honest, I did get some water in it when it was toward the bottom, as I mentioned before, and I think that could have affected it).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by omgsushi505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. It makes my hair look fantastic.
what I love is how unique lush's products are. Very creative and different! This is very grainy and suds very well and leaves you with big, beachy, wavy hair! Definitely would recommend if you're willing to spend $25! If not.. try dissolving a tbsp of sea salt in hot water and put into a volumizing shampoo. May give similar results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Update 10/6/14: I discovered that this shampoo was washing out my hair color very quickly. So sad. :( So I switched to Lush's Fairtrade Honey Shampoo, which I really like also. It smells divine (like honey, of course!), and it leaves my hair super soft, with volume, and it preserves my hair color. So that's good! I still follow with Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner ... and they work well together. :)

Ok, I'm just gonna say it. I love this weird shampoo. It is the freakiest stuff I ever put in my hair ... looks like tapioca pudding ... feels like goo covered salt. But wow. It's strange and amazing.
For reference, I have shoulder length hair - baby fine in texture but lots and lots of it ... and it's straight. So therefore I must use massive amounts of product every day to get (and keep) volume in my hair, because unfortunately and ironically, I love me some BIG hair! :)

Of course, this means I must wash my hair everyday. Absolutely MUST! No second day hair for me.

So ... I had some serious doubts that this "natural" stuff could cut through all my hair and all that product. Additionally the salt concerned me ... wouldn't salt suck the moisture OUT OF my hair?? But the sales girl gushed about this shampoo, and she convinced me to give it a shot.

The next morning I got in the shower, wet my mass of slept-on, crazy looking hair down, took about a quarter size dollap of this tapioca pudding shampoo in my hands, rubbed them together to build up some lather and went for it. At first, I really didn't think it was going to work. Doubted it would lather and clean sufficiently. But I soon realized that the lather was increasing quickly. So much lather, cut right through all that product and all that hair. Awesome!! I rinsed and washed again (mainly because I always wash twice no matter what ... have for years, always will) only this time I used about a dime size (since the first wash pretty much got everything clean already). Lathered up amazing! Rinsed clean and quick. Hair and scalp felt squeaky clean, yet somehow still so soft. I followed with Lush's "Happy Happy Joy Joy" conditioner (lightweight just to detangle), and my hair has never looked so SHINY and SOFT and has so much volume! I love it!

Oh and the smell of these products is intoxicating! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by kimmyycat

So yes, this is a nearly $25-30 tub of shampoo. Who would spend that much on freaking shampoo? I thought that too until I was given a generous LUSH gift card and decided to give Big a go. Oh. My. Gosh. I now understand all the hype and the reason why consumers continue to repurchase this item. It makes my hair so unbelievably soft and smooth like second day hair for my fellow frizzy females. Don't let the appearance of the product fool you. The product itself looks really really weird. It really just looks like a tub of big sea salt grains floating in a medium of creamy goo. At first, I thought to myself: "How the heck is all this salt supposed to lather up in my hair?" But omgggg let me tell you. Just a little scoop of this stuff will do, although I do have to distribute the product to where I want it to lather. I use most of the product near my scalp and take whatever is left and lather it through the length of my hair. The only reason I won't give this 5 stars is because of the price. This is most definitely not a product that I would purchase one after another. It would simply get too expensive. It's totally worth it, but it's a luxury.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by libby79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just bought a tub of BIG after trying a few samples and being very impressed. The feel, both to touch and when in your hair, is totally unique to any shampoo I have used - a real enjoyment to use.

I have found the results good, hair feels thicker and would use before any night out or special occasion.

I find the price not too expensive as you can get quite a few uses out of one tub, but no doubt it is a treat product and I will save it for occasions rather than use everyday (unfortunately).

I am slightly disappointed there is no conditioner in the same tub form (only solid, from what I have seen in store) as I would have bought this too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So, my purchase of this product is different than most of these reviews. My hair was supposed to be a pastel pravana mix (turquoise and lavender) and the stylist decided he thought vivids would look better and as a result I had very neon blue and purple hair that was a bit too much for me. I booked an appointment with the renowned guy here for rainbow hair stuff, and this was his recommendation to fade the colour down in 6 weeks so we could go back to a pastel mix. And let me tell you, it fades hair colour like nothing else. My hair went from a vivid shade to a pastel in probably 3 washes. If you dye your hair at all, and want to keep the colour, definitely avoid using this product. If it's permanent hair dye, it won't fade quite as quickly, but Big has the same effect on your hair that chlorine or swimming in the ocean would. Having said that, this is a fantastic once a week clarifying shampoo. As far as the claims that it leaves your hair softer, definitely not... though I didn't expect it to given we're talking sea salt here. I also didn't notice any increased volume, but my hair is extremely thick with a lot of volume naturally so I'm not the best judge of that. Although I do think this does a wonderful job of clarifying.. I probably would not repurchase it because it's insanely expensive for something which given how fast it fades colour is something I could only use the night before I go in to the salon to have colour done again.