LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

I have very fine, thin, wispy hair. It becomes greasy within moments. Even back in the days when I washed my hair only once every week or two, it would still be greasy on morning of day 2 if I did not execute my elaborate anti-grease dry shampoo routines the evening of day 1. If completely abandoned and left to its own devices, it becomes annoying, slippery fluff that sticks straight to the top of my head and falls down to stringy, snarly flyaways. My hair needs a lot of help. Enter BIG.

BIG is drying. Sometimes it seems equivalent to washing your hair with Fresh Breeze Tide Detergent, and it smells about the same. This shampoo is a powerhouse and would probably turn most people's hair to straw unless they design their haircare routine to accommodate the stripping effect. Since it is so stripping, it seems that it causes my hair follicles (or whatever they're called) to sort of expand outward and make my hair feel and look thicker. You know how if the fabric of , say, a shirt is dirty, and has skin oils in it, it becomes limp and yucky looking? And when you wash and dry it, the fabric springs back to its former perkiness? BIG does that for hair.

Its volumizing capabilities are amazing. I have not found a product that creates the same effect, and even after washing my hair a few days later with a different shampoo, I can still tell that I've recently washed with BIG. It's that good.

BIG smells like laundry soap, and the scent lingers in my porous hair for a day or so. To my nose, it is not a very pleasant or appealing odor, but it doesn't bother me enough to be a deal breaker. The huge sea salt rocks in it are fun and gimmicky, and they add some sorely needed texture to my hair.

This is not a daily use shampoo. My best results have been found by using this as my "clarifying" shampoo on Sundays, and washing with some other much gentler volumizing shampoo mid-week. You will be in for a world of frustration and pain if you use this as your regular shampoo on a daily/bi-daily basis. It is a specialty shampoo and is priced as such. It is too expensive, but being pretty costs a lot of money.

During my trip to Lush, I ask for an empty little sample pot to siphon the product into, which I bring into the shower with me. I do not advise bringing the entire pot into the shower, because water will get into it, and your $30-plus-tax rock salt detergent will be ruined.

If your hair is similar to mine, and you have some cash to drop on a product that will give you huge, sexy hair rivaling The Little Mermaid, BIG may be the product for you. Be sure to use a kick-ass conditioner, blow dry your hair upside down, and use protection. Wink.

I have natural curly hair and sometimes i do need a bit more volume. I bought this product for $25 at LUSH thinking it would do wonders for my hair. It didn't. It smells amazing, the salt really cleanses your hair, but does not volumize what so ever. I'd purchase it again, but only if there are no cheaper CLEANSES. If you're looking for a good cleanser, this is the product to buy. If you're looking to volumize, don't purchase this item

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have fairly thin, colored hair. Reading reviews and description I thought BIG would be my ticket to voluminous hair.
Well, it was. When you lather it in your hair you can actually feel your hair "poofing" up in a sense.
However, it was extremely drying. If i blow dryed it especially, my hair looked frizzy and dry.
I would suggest a sample of this if you are curious, and ensure you use a highly moisturizing leave-in conditioner or anything post-shower to calm your tresses.

I only use this as a clarifying or 'sometimes' shampoo as it is a tad drying but not as bad as some other clarifyinf shampoos I have tried. I have straight, thin, limp hair with bald patches and this gives me more volume than other shampoos BUT there's realistically only so much volume a shampoo can give my kind of hair so I wasn't really expecting big things anyway. I do love the scent, it a salty, lemony clean smell.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very disappointing!! I have straight hair and am always looking for extra volume. The girl in the shop recommended Big and although quite expensive (16 € for 330 g. tub) I bought it. I noticed a bit increase in volume, but no more than any other volume and at a much reasonable price. I will never again buy Big. It’s a total rip-off

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, such an unusual and amazing product. I am particularly fond of Lush products, but this one is really great. I use this once a week after a hair mask, and it really clarifies and de-gunks the product buildup in my hair. I can definitely understand why some people say it's drying - the texture of this shampoo is rough and grainy, with large chunks of sea salt.

The product smells amazing - like essential oils. The texture is rough and grainy, but also smooth and oily at the same time. My hair feels more volumized and cleaner after using it, and I will definitely repurchase,

PROS:
- Smells amazing
- Makes my hair feel light, clean, and volumized

CONS:
- Expensive
- Packaging is difficult because the product is slippery, and it's hard to screw the cap back on when it gets wet
- Can be potentially drying if overused

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got a sample from a very nice employee. The sample is a tiny little container, but I've been using the shampoo for over a week and I still have enough for one more use. I love it and I'm so grateful I got to try it. I recently got my hair cut pretty short, so it is important to keep it from looking too greasy and limp all the time. This shampoo definitely does the trick. It makes my hair full and neat. I see a lot of people complaining about the drying effect. It is a very clarifying shampoo, you can feel that effect right after rinsing it out. However, I only shampoo every other day so it's not a problem. If you have problems with scalp dryness it's probably not the best choice. If you deal with oiliness and limpness like me, I recommend it wholeheartedly. I definitely plan to get a full sized product when I have a chance.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a pretty good shampoo. I'm holding off on a 5 star rating because it runs out way too fast considering the price, but it really does add a lot of volume to hair. It smells great, you don't need to use a lot to lather, and adds a ton of shine. As with all lush products, I do think it's a bit overhyped, but I definitely prefer it over my old shampoos. I used pantene and garnier before, and they didn't lather well along with flattening my very thick hair. They left a sort of sticky residue, and a lot of buildup. This wasn't noticeable unless someone ran their fingers through it or really looked, but I definitely noticed how my hair was harder to style, felt limp and somewhat greasy. Big made my normally oily hair become normal and styling it became a lot easier. The fullness was very obvious. I would reccomend this product, though I don't think it should be this expensive and would definitely buy a dupe at a cheaper price if I found it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First impression: very good (gives a lot of volume, smell of sea).

After having used it a couple of times, my hear felt very dry, unpleasant, ... And the packaging simply does not work under the shower. I did not finish the pot - threw it away when it was half down.

I love Lush shampoos, but not this one.

Very drying and thinning! And the funny part is that they sold it to me when I asked for a shampoo to make my hair shiny! My hair was certainly anything but shiny after applying it!

Top Rated LUSH Products