July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Poise Eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by V8nightmare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally like Stila eyeshadows. The color payoff is usually great and i love how big of pans they are, lots for your $!
HOWEVER, I highly dislike this shadow. The color looks beautiful in pan, but once It try to apply...yuck. It is hard to get a good payoff with this color, no matter what brush I use (or even swatching with my finger) it just does not show up good enough. It's too bad, I had high hopes for this one! I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm an nc30 and I love the way it shows up on my skintone. Its a gorgeous plummy color that doesn't make you look sick or have a bruised eye. The only complaint I'd have is the packaging. I wish that these actually came in a pot instead of buy itself but then buying a palette and just inserting these in there would be useful. I actually prefer it to not be like that, but everyone's different right? It's also very blendable, and does not crease on me. Even without primer it does not crease, but everyone's eyelids are different! All in all, I'll definitely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by exceptional1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing this e/s for weeks now and went ahead and purchased it last nite. I guess overall I have VERY mixed reviews on this. It went on ABSOLUTELY beautiful on the side of my hand. The most prettiest rich and dark, but yet still bright maroon color. When I sampled it in the store using finger application on my lid, the color tended to look more like a reddish pink color. I was FLOORED when I picked up the actual e/s for me to buy and it was in the most flimsiest thinnest plastic package. Even the sales associate was like I guess that's how it comes. I then asked another associate b/cos I just couldn't get over the fact that an $18 e/s was packaged SO cheaply in a plastic container. Apparently Stila packages all of their e/s as refills and you have to buy either the $2 single or $8 quad magnetic refill holders. So I ended up paying a total of $20 for this shadow. It is extremely creamy and suede like and has excellent blendability, but it is actually REALLY sheer when used with a e/s brush. I literally probably applied about 3 to 4 layers this morning. I think this e/s is best for night time wear because, once you coat on the layers it is pretty dramatic and is really a red, purple, pink, and burgundy color all at one time! Ultimately, I was really wanting it for the rich burgundy it had on my hand. I still like it on my skin tone tho, just not nearly as much! I'm not sure if I would buy it again or not! Certainly not for everyday wear!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by salllyyx3

Im really surprised at all the good reviews this e/s got..I receieved it w/ a palette & the color didnt even show up! I would swipe and swipe the shadow & no color would stick on...really disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by jillwiersma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Poise has made me rethink my stand on purpleish eye shadows. I just didn't think it was a look I could pull off with my blue-grey eyes. Recently, I watched National Treasure and noticed Diane Kruger appeared to be wearing a plumy shade and it started my mind wondering ... I had saved Poise and Shell from a palette I got from a friend. I dug 'em out and was stunned at how much they intensified my eyes when I was so fearful it would compete. For reference: I think of Poise as a neutral, wearable plum, not too far off from Barefoot Contesa (another color I've recently come to love for the same reasons) Worn lightly, it's a twist on the smokey eye look... more of a smoldering eye look, i think. Worn a little heavier, it's a gorgeous shade with a nude lip and soft peach blush. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by polyestergirl

A great plum colour, great for my hazel/green eyes, I love combining with a metallic for a night look, or blend it out with kitten for day, a really pretty colour, one that I cannot be without.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ajackman

I didn't like this eyeshadow at all. It comes in a flimsy little plastic package - maybe you're supposed to use it as a refill? I wouldn't buy this again, and I'd be reluctant to use another Stila eyeshadow. I guess that's why they're better known for their lip stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

Poise is a great addition to my rather meager stash, a shimmery dark plum. A great alternative to a smokey grey eye, Poise works well by it's lonesome with MAC Engraved as a liner and lots of mascara on my dark brown eyes. It is well-pigmented but the texture leaves a bit to be desired. Overall a winner....and a great mid toned shade between Stila BC and Cassis.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Cygentte3

This color can have multiple personalities a little bit. In the pan it looks like a straight up plum, paired with warmer colors, it just turns into a slightly plummy brown, and when just used alone, it looks like a brownish plum.

I agree that it does look kind of "muddy" when used with warm colors, but paired with cool colors, the plum comes out. So I took away one lippie because it's not as versatile as I'd hoped, and can turn that muddy color, but it still gets a 4 rating because it can look good, you just have to be careful what you pair it with.

As usual, great pigmentation and texture from Stila! I would consider repurchasing, and I'm LLL, NC20. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2004 2:30:00 AM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This looks reddish-plum in the pan, but went on a sheerish brown-red-grey-plum mud color. I tried it wet and more of the purple showed up, but so did more of the muddy tones. Most purples and plums look great on me because I have green eyes, but I'm not sure this did anything for them. Wet, it's good if you can wear a purple smoky eye without looking tired or bruised. With some shades I can do this, with others I can't. This one borders on can't, partly because there's a reddish undertone that brings out any tiredness in my eyes. Like most Stila shadows, this is super soft and very easy to blend.