September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Schick Intuition razor

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really surprised at all the bad reviews. I love my intuition razor. It's super quick and convenient for legs and underarms, especially in summer when you're shaving more frequently. It's also great for travelling. Granted it is a little bulky but I find it works better and lasts way longer than venus breeze.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried to like it but I hate it. Dont like the handle. Actually I dont like anything about it. and the refills cost too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mmsqueaks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly am shocked that this product has so many negative reviews. I love it! I use this for my legs and underarms. I love the convenience of being able to skip the shaving cream. A perfect shave, for me, every time. My only issue with this product is the price of the refills .. I feel they're a bit pricey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Intuition razor by Schick is yet another one of those products that borders on being useless (but still sorta works) but one that I continue to I use because I'm simply too lazy to try something else. First off, I have to shave. It's not an option for me. My body hair grows like Teen Wolf's - quickly and with a vengeance that can only be attributed to some sort of witch's curse. I can shave my legs in the shower, go to bed and I will wake up the next morning with stubble. Doesn't matter how close of a shave I get or how amazingly awesome a razor is, my body hair will not be stopped. I've tried nearly every razor (and hair removal system) on the planet and this is just my lot in life. After nearly 20+ years of shaving, I'm sort of resigned to doing as little as I can to get by. Don't scoff, you'll reach that same conclusion at some point as well. We all do.

I've probably been using the Intuition since it first came out. That's likely over five years if not longer. I too thought it was goofy looking and almost too good to be true when it first came out but I relented and bought it. Upon using it, I did find that it was goofy, a bit cumbersome and kind of useless. By that I mean it works but there's so much room for improvement that you can't help but wonder why Schick hasn't done some market studies and at least attempted a new design. The biggest problem with is that the blade gets impossibly clogged with hair that WILL NOT come out. Ever. You can try scrubbing the hair out, running it under both hot and cold water to force the hair out (I don't recommend this as the built in shave lotion thingy will dissipate quicker), you can even scream at it and it won't budge. For whatever the reason, the safety coil (or whatever that is) around the blades hold every little bit of hair in until the end of time. I fully expect archeologists to find old Intuition cartridges with womens' hairs in it in 3,000 years. It also doesn't take a large amount of hair to clog up the blade. One swipe of some stubble and it's there for life.

The other issue is that since the blade clogs in a heartbeat, you will have to shave areas repeatedly to get the desired result. That, of course, makes the lotion bar dissipate quicker which means you have to replace the cartridge lest you still have semi functioning blades and a bar of next to nothing scraping your leg or underarm. I've scratched myself many a time on the plastic part on which the lotion bar is attached when I didn't realize it had worn down. The third irritating point - the cartridges for this razor are stupid expensive. A pack of three refills which, if you shave daily and replace them as soon as the lotion bit wears down, should last about a month or two, cost around $13. Six of those babies will cost you around $22. Really, Schick? It costs you $13-22 to manufacture razor blades (which are cheap) and some solid bits of glorified soap? Are all these items made of unicorn tears and fairy wings? Why are simple, cheap objects so expensive? I think we're all aware that razor companies have been sticking it to both men and women hard in the past few years for one reason only - most of us are slaves to hair removal and shaving is the fastest, most convenient way to remove body hair. Other razor cartridges are just as expensive but Schick takes their whole stick-it-to-the-hair-consumer to a whole new level. To be honest (and a bit disgusting), I haven't bought a refill in years. I refuse to. I'll use a blade long after the lotion bit is gone and substitute a cheap conditioner as a shave cream. If I'm totally out of cartridges, I generally just buy a new razor all together as the Intuition can often be found on clearance racks. Even if I can't find it on clearance, a new razor with two cartridges costs around $9.

On the plus side, the Intuition is built to last. It's a tad big and definitely goofy looking but you can drop it a million times and it never breaks. I also find that most of the lotion bars smell great. I wouldn't say they're terribly moisturizing but they generally smell pretty good.

So why do I keep using this thing? Simple. I don't have to buy shave cream/gel and again, I'm lazy. I've tried going back to other razors, the Venus and some other such nonsense, but I feel like they're just as annoying and the cartridges just as expensive. For the time being, the Intuition is the lesser of many evils. Would I recommend this to anyone? Yeah. I think it would be great for someone who isn't particularly hairy and only has to shave every couple of weeks (also known as people I loath). I'd also recommend it to people who have a better method of hair removal for their legs and just want to use this on their underarms. I think it works great for that area alone but if want to remove the hair from larger parts of your body, I suggest learning how to wax it off or buy yourself a lifetime membership to a waxing salon. In the meantime, I'll be applying conditioner to my legs and cursing the day when I decided shaving my body hair would make me a woman sooner.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rosemary7913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Schick Intuition is THE WORST razor I've EVER used! Seven dollars for a silky smooth... line up your leg. Because after that, it gets so clogged that it's literally unusable. It does nothing. What's worse, it's impossible to get the hair out of the razor, so you can't even clean it out. I tried everything from rinsing to wiping to scratching, and nothing. I even attempted to take it apart since that stupid soap blocks the razor from a proper cleaning. What's worse, by the time I managed to shave both bottom halves of my legs (an hour later), the soap around the edges had almost completely disappeared. Seven dollars for one (not even good) incomplete use, and now it's done. I'm so glad I tried this beforehand instead of saving it for before the wedding, because I'd be going crazy. From now on I'm sticking with the Venus Spa Breeze.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Uhhmmm it's ok. When I first bought this (and I resisted a long time, using mostly mens' razors) I actually did need a quick one step shave so I figured what the heck I'll try it. That was once. It's expensive, and due to the nature of those 'conditioning solids', there is a lot of packaging. When I first used this I broke out in little bumps all over my legs. I called the company and they gave me coupons to try the more sensitive solids packs. I used them a couple of times and then switched to epilating for about a year. I still epilate my underarms, but am shaving my legs with this again. This stinks for underarms, just btw. The thing is too big to really contour correctly. On legs it's ok, but the solid melts away so quickly you really feel ripped off. I feel like I use just the razor with soap most of the time, since the razor is still good but the surrounding stuff has melted away. It's just bulkier to use and a money maker. I also use a shower poof after shaving to keep ingrowns away, Olay In Shower body lotion and either baby oil gel or Palmers cocoa butter (the thick one) so the solid part isn't super necessary. I'd like to think in a pinch, yea, it would help prevent razor burn and you could shave in one easy step. But it's a little ridiculous. If you are on a vacation or something, you'd have soap or body wash that you could use and if you are somewhere where you can only take a few items, like camping, you don't need to shave you legs (or you would do it before you go). It's so a marketing ploy over a useful product, I think, and I prefer the smaller 'fancy' man razors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kohana

I guess this is one of those things where you either love it or hate it!

I hate shaving. So much. I went an entire year without shaving my legs once. Now I shave more regularly, but I sooo do not want flesh wounds from it--already have scars on my legs from shaving--and I do everything you're supposed to do, even to the point of using a fresh razor on each leg. It doesn't have to be a super close shave or whatever--I just want a comfortable experience. So, I was attracted to this razor.

I like this razor. I don't get the "chicken skin" that I so often get with other razors. This is nice in that I don't have blood going everywhere, and that nasty bumpy feeling that makes me wonder why I ever shaved off my nice soft leg hair. Nice that I don't have to use soap or shave cream. My skin feels very soft after using it.

Some cons, it does trap hair very easily, so I would recommend shaving over short hair, not long. It is hard to attach when wet, because it is slippery. i would wait for it to dry before taking off the razor. It is a little pricey--but seriously, all reusable razors are expensive. And the cheap ones are like torture machines. So...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This is my everyday razor. True, it does not do the greatest job at giving a super-close shave, but it's so fast and easy. I do have a hard time doing my knees with this, so I generally do a quick "touch-up" there with a regular razor after my shower.

If I want an extra-smooth shave, I use my trusty Gillette Pro-Glide Fusion. In fact, sometimes I'll use that on my underarms and bikini area, and Intuition on my legs.

Oh, and if you keep this out of the shower between uses, it helps a bit in slowing down the erosion of the soap part. I never use the cap either (unless traveling), as this helps prevent that too.

Will keep buying, unless I muster up the energy to do a "real" shave.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryViking

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shaving without the hassle of shaving cream? Sign me up!

I'm pretty enthusiastic about this product, it's super easy to just have a quick shave in the shower when you feel prickly. The soap bar is moisturizing and I haven't experienced any cutting in the years that I've used it.

However I think it's important for people to know the limitations. For what I call 'touch-up' shaves, where you're shaving pretty regularly to keep the pricklies away this thing will be your best friend. But if you go on fall/winter shaving hiatuses like I do, you'll have to drag out the big girl razor and cream for that. Along with this, if you're planning on using this for anything other than fine hair (i.e. legs and arms, underarms on occassion) you'll probably want to look elsewhere. While I'm talking on the cons, the soap bar, while the shining star in this product, can last about a week and a half of daily shaving, and after that the bottom half of the soap is pretty much gone. The other 3 sides of soap are still there, but pretty much useless.

That seems like a lot of negative things, but I really do think for the pure convience factor that this razor is worth its weight in gold. The refills are a little pricey (~$12 last time I bought them) and the starter kit no longer comes with a shower mount, but the coupons in the paper come frequently enough to make this less of a problem, and I'm willing to clear a shelf for this during spring/summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

Tbis is the only razor I can use. If I use any other brand of razor I will have rashes all over my legs! The onlg type of shaving system I can use is either a cream hair removal or an electric shaver. The only problem with the creams is that they're messy and take fordver and the electric shaver is not a close shave at all. I can still notice and feel hair. I will keep repurchasing this product. I wish the soap would last longer since the cartridges are quite pricey