October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Shadowlights in Comet

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by llbeanpole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Comet is one of my first Chanel eyeshadows and I have never been able to find another quite like it, not Bobbi Brown, YSL, or MAC. It is a very dark, almost black navy with a slight shimmer, very soft and pigmented, and it is fantastic to use as an eye liner and for smoking the eyes. I like to pair Comet with Vega, a metallic taupe, for highlight and contrast. Unlike the Duos or Quads, Shadowlights are much more pigmented and easier to use. They are my favorite Chanel eyeshadows and the small compacts are handy to carry around. The powder shatters easily though, so be warned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by xel_ha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a navy color eyeliner/shadow. I was going to get the Marine eyeliner but decided on this Comet. I'm glad I did. It's the most beautiful navy with a hint of shimmer-IMO. I only use this as an eyeliner though sometimes I go for a smokey look. I have dark brown eyes and this color makes them pop---love it! Price is on the high but worth it for me. Nice Packaging. Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 12:12:00 AM More reviews by delhi

I just love this shadow. It's the most beautiful shimmery navy blue. It makes the most BEAUTIFUL smokey eye ever for my brown eyes. So much better than a black smokey eye. I'm just so in love with this color!

Ladies with brown hair and brown eyes - THIS IS YOUR COLOR!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jeanff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very beautiful dark blue. It feels very velvety or creamy, like so many Chanel shadows. It is so pigmented that you only need a tiny bit. This looks beautiful with Horizon, a slightly pinkish creamy color of Chanel. The Chanel shadows are very expensive, $23.00, but with Comet you need so very little of it, that it probably is less expensive to use than drug store brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lisa2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Comet is great for liner and in the crease. It is great blended over Horizon and Sphinx for impact. I love Chanel eyeshadows, they are extremely pigmented and have great lasting power

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2004 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a velvety, intensely pigmented muted dark blue. The quality is superb. Careful application is a must, because it is so dark and dense.

I was pleasantly surprised because my other Chanel eyeshadow, the Vanites palette, was so sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2003 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Laniecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Comet is a beautiful dark blue (almost navy) eyeshadow with very fine shimmer in it. I use it as a liner and a crease color, and pair it with Vega for the most perfectly sinful smoky eye look. Like other Chanel eyeshadows, this is *very* pigmented, so a little will go a long way. I also love the classy Chanel compact that it comes in. If I ever run out of this, I would definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2003 11:43:00 PM More reviews by erinsab

My first Shadowlight, I'm hooked! I've been buying the Quads up till now. And inevitably there is always one color out of the quad that I don't like. Comet is a very pretty, dark blue with a hint of shimmer. This actually looks a lot like the dark blue you find on cars these days! I like to layer this with the Delta Illuminating Creme Shadow by Chanel. And, if you are into smokey eye, I'm new to the "shadow scene" so smokey eye is a little complicated for me, but if it is your thing, give Comet a try!