April 21, 2014 | 1190 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this with my skin care regimen for about two months and I am so happy with it. It easily and gently removes my makeup without leaving a filmy residue, as much as I like the convenience of wipes to remove my makeup, I have learned first hand what they do to my skin, they spread bacteria every where and leave a film over my skin, worsening my acne. I think this is a worthy investment and just a little bit does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover for me. I've been using it for many years and I love how it does the job well without drying my face at all. My skin feels so clean and soft, sometimes I use it as my regular face cleanser. I'll keep repurchasing for many years.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by gisselmartinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I actually do like about this product is that it does remove my makeup easily. But sometimes I find it hard to remove my mascara so I have to be scrubbing my eyes and when I do that it stings somewhat. It is true that a little does go a long way with this cleanser but for me it does not matter because I just want to get rid of it. This cleanser always leaves my face extremely dry to the point where i find it difficult to smile. Not only that but i feel like it leaves a film on my face that i dislike and to top it off, after one use, i woke up the next morning with 8 pimples on my cheeks. I barley break out that bad but this cleanser brought out the worst of my face. I absolutely hate it. I will go back to my organic cleanser LUSH!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily and acne prone skin and I`ve used cleansers in the past that would dry up my oily skin but this one is really drying. I would only recommend using this 2-3 times a week. I have oily and acne prone skin but my skin never gets dry and it can take a lot. This product left me with dry patches that were red and itchy. It`s good for a deep clean but not for daily use.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by misscynthia06

This cleanser is a nice creamy formula, I would only recommend for very oily skin, as using this stuff strips your skin ccompletely leaving it so dry and right feeling. In addition to feeling as if you might break if you smile, your skin in some areas is not necessarily "clean", this leaves a buildup around my nose area which I have to use a toner or another cleanser to clean, isn't the point of a cleanser to clean my face! ?

Maybe okay for very very oily hydrated skin, but not a great cleanser and definitely not good for dry or combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by hlrk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for a good 4 years. My skin is dry and I would consider it to be sensitive.
Tube packaging is ok - can be hard to get the last bit out - had to cut the bottle. Anyway, not a major issue.
Consistency is silky with small exfoliating particles - not harsh, can be used morning and night and will not irritate. Not much of a fragrance.
This cleanser is thorough for washing off a full face of makeup - with a pea size amount. Face is left feeling clean - not tight and searching for moisturiser afterwards.
I use in conjunction with a cleansing facial brush - works 10/10 !
A tube would typically last me 6-8 months, brilliant.
TRY TRY TRY!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I used to use this in my 20s and 30s when I was a Clinique girl, until I found it far too drying, even for my oily/combination skin. On an evening I would use Take the Day off to remove all my eye makeup and then this foaming cleanser followed by Clarifying Lotion and the results were very good, but then my skin type changed and I had to ditch it. If your skin is oily it might suit you but if you're on the dry side, avoid!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

This is one of my least favorite cleansers of all time. I received this as a gift with purchase from the Clinique counter in my mall, and it is absolutely awful.

First off, like others have said, it leaves my skin squeaky clean. I am not even exaggerating when I say that my skin makes noises. It is seriously not normal. Also, abnormal is how unbelievably dry it leaves my skin. It is awful. I have tried this at night with my Clarisonic and in the morning with just my hands, and both ways, the same terrible results.

It does lather very nicely if that is something you look for in a cleanser... And if you are able to overlook how harsh it is on your skin. It also does not have a strong scent which I know some people would prefer. I, on the other hand, would prefer the strongest smelling cleanser to this monster. And you don't have to use a lot, which would be great if you actually enjoyed using this in the first place...

I will not be purchasing this, there is no doubt about that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I agree totally with the review below. This left my skin painfully dry yet when I touched my skin or moved my face to talk or whatever, it felt like there was a waxy, film-y layer of soap scum or something still on my face that I desperately wanted to wash off. Literally feels like that ring around your tub you can't stand to even look at. After using this I noticed my skin literally "squeaked", it was so dry, maybe it was a cry for help. On the sides of my face, around the cheek area my skin cracked and peeled for a few days. And yes I followed with a normal cleanser and moisturiser. It made no difference.

This cleanser is in one word : bizarre. I don't get how this is so stripping yet leaves skin feeling like there is a layer of drying wax building up on it!! I noticed it leaves a nasty ring around my sink and I have to rinse and pour water (and possibly CLR) over it repeatedly to get it to finally go down the drain. It's just awful, no wonder the Clinique counters always have big samples for free of this stuff. I'm not even sure what to use this for. . .I can't help but wonder if it's some sick joke at Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a cleanser/makeup remover in an attempt to own a multi-functional product. It did not work out. This cleanser is similiar in texture to a lot of popular cleansers on the market. It foams very well. It removes makeup easily and completely. It also left my skin feeling extremely hard and dry immedialtely after I used it, and also over time. The SA told me that since it is a makeup remover, and not JUST a cleanser, that if I used it too much it could mess up the PH balance of my face. So this did not work out for me. I'm not exactly sure wo it would work out for. If it works for you, your skin must be Teflon.