April 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Eye Shadow - mark - I-Mark Custom Pick Shadow -Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s i-Mark eyeshadows are individual, square shaped eyeshadows sold in pan form, meant to be snapped together into a custom palette. This is a relatively small line of eyeshadows, occasionally supplemented with seasonal or limited edition shades. I previous slammed the i-Mark. shadows in the Super Flip Color Kit, but sang the praises of the other half of my shadow duo, Biscotti. i-Mark eyeshadows retail for $6 each, for .08oz of product. I received Tiki this shadow as part of my rep kit. Mark. is an Avon sub-brand, and does not test on animals.
As I mentioned in the introductory paragraph, i-Mark shadows are sold in pan form, so unless you have a magnetized palette on hand, you'll likely have to buy one of Mark.'s Snap to It palettes. I previously ranted about these palettes, so I won't do it again in this review, I'll just say that they're attractive little compacts that are sturdy and functional but too expensive for what they are.
Tiki is a warm, medium brown with a bronzey-gold shimmer. Tiki is a great crease color, when used to add depth, but it also looks great as an all over wash on the lids. It has way more dimension and character than your average mid-toned brown. The golden shimmer and slight sheen give it a bit of spunk, while remaining neutral. Shadows like Tiki are a favorite of mine, neutrals with an interesting twist.
Tiki has a fabulously silky texture with even better pigmentation. You barely have to touch your brush or finger to the shadow, to get the perfect amount of product. Best of all, despite having such strong pigmentation, Tiki is easy to blend, or sheer out, and it produces no fall out at all.
Tiki wears well over a primer, without creasing or fading, even in my hot, greasy work environment. Mark. calls theur i-Mark shadows long wear and in the case of Tiki, its true.
I'm really pleased with Mark.'s i-Mark eyeshadow in Tiki. It's perfectly pigmented and wears well, a great interesting neutral. I think this is a great choice if you're looking for a good, solid medium brown to be the the anchor of your eyeshadow collection. This is definitely a shadow I can see myself hitting pan on and repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous bronze brown that is great for all eye colors, but especially blue eyes. It is shimmery, easy to blend, and has great color payoff.

My current favorite color to wear this with is Retro Peacock (also mark.). The combination looks gorgeous with olive green/brown hazel eyes. When you layer Retro Peacock over Tiki, the resulting color is more of an olive green. I've used Retro as both a liner and shaded in the crease.

Like all mark. shadows, it's a generous size (I'll never use it up!) and lasts all day with primer (though individual lid oiliness will be a factor). I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion, but mark. has a much cheaper alternative. It doesn't last as long for me, but for the price it works well enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

Tiki is a great addition to your ES collection. Highly pigmented and lasts all day. This gorgeous bronze color really highlights my brown eyes and works great for a more natural look. Unless you invest in a mark compact the single plastic packaging on its own leaves something to be desired. BUT one of their snap in compacts A+. I do not recommend not getting compact. The flimsy plastic does not hold up and shadow gets abused.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color along with Gioia was recommended in a Mark catalogue as being good for blue eyes to make them pop. I love the color and it does make my blue eyes pop, the color lasts long and doesn't crease

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by amarock

This was the first mark eyeshadow I bought - I had to purchase it online from the US because at that time the mark line wasn't available to Canadians. The pigmentation and quality of this eyeshadow convinced me to try the other mark eyeshadows! This particular colour, Tiki, is beautifully shimmery and multi-faceted. I can sweep this colour over my entire lid as a wash, or use it in combination with either a darker brown, or with a golden champagne colour - it's very versatile. When worn over a primer (I use TFSI) the eyeshadow lasts almost a full day on me without creasing. I took a lippy off for 2 reasons - the eyeshadow is a bit crumbly due to the softness of the powder (I've lost a chunk of a corner just dipping my brush into the pan with normal pressure) and this shade is a touch on the red side which can make me look a little sickly if I don't blend out the bronze correctly. Other than that, this eyeshadow is definitely one to have in your collection. The thing to keep in mind is that these mark eyeshadows come in refillable pans in clear blister packs and you can either put them into your own palette (need to glue a magnet onto the back) or buy one of the mark palettes which come pre-magnetized. I think the mark palette system a very smart and economical way to build up a makeup collection. I now have 2 palettes (the "mezzo" size, this was before the smaller and larger size palettes were even available) which fits either 4 eyeshadow singles, or 2 blushes, or 2 eyeshadows and 1 blush (this is what I do with mine) - very portable and easy to customize your own palette. The mark eyeshadow singles cost $6 CAD for 2.5g of product which is great value for such a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shadow is a really nice medium bronze color that goes compliments all eye colors. It works great alone for an every day look as well as pair it up with black for smokey eyes. I used to wear this shadow alone every day to school for months before I realize I stopped touching the rest of my makeup. It's definitely worth the price and is one of my favorite eye shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlynn0808

I got to try this shadow as part of my mark rep starter kit and i'm definitley happy I got it. The color is a very pretty bronze brown color that is shimmery. When you apply this shadow it looks lighter than it really is, but that's because it's made so you can layer it and get the exact shade you want which I love about mark eyeshadows. Just keep in mind that the shadow doesn't come with much of a holder and it doesn't come with an applicator.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

I wouldn't be rating these shadows so high if I didn't love them, I mean I LOVE them they are so amazing! this one is a bronze brown color, super gorgeous in the crease, staple for a neutral eye. The quality on these is super awesome for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS: Beautiful bronze color (very bronze). Very pigmented. Good amount of shadow for the price. Good smooth texture.

CONS: Doesn't come w/case or applicator (must be purchased separately).

Overall, a beautiful e/s. I'm really surprised with the quality! I'd definitely consider repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by swirrlygrrl

A bit bronze for my taste (I find I prefer Gioia by Mark), especially if I wear it with a primer, but worth having in my collection.