Lancome Effacil eye make-up remover

3.1

on 10/29/2014 6:16:00 AM

I am absolutely shocked by how useless this eye makeup remover is. I like to try lots of different eye makeup removers, from the very expensive to the very affordable, and I have never encountered anything so abjectly terrible. It just smeared black down my face and no matter how many soaked cotton pads I used or how hard I scrubbed, I could not. remove. my makeup.

Lancôme Effacil, you had ONE JOB.

I stubbornly use up every product I buy, even when they suck, but I have to give up in the face of how truly useless this product is. I go tomorrow to buy a new makeup remover — literally anything.

If Effacil can only remove eye makeup that is water soluble, then honestly? You might as well just use water.

on 10/31/2013 4:32:00 PM

This is more gentle than the bi-facil remover but it still doesn't remove any makeup and still lightly burning your skin

on 10/17/2013 11:17:00 PM

Gentle yes. But it was useless for me being I wear heavy eye makeup. Takes too much time and effort to remove eye makeup. If you don't mind tugging on that thin delicate skin, than by all means... It did not sting my eyes any, but neither did Lancome's regular one. I would not recommend unless you only wear light makeup. Will not buy again.

on 2/26/2012 8:44:00 PM

Technically this is my mom's makeup remover and I just borrow it whenever I am home. From the times that I have used it, I find that I like this product. It removed my eye shadow and mascara very well without pulling on my eyelashes or leaving behind oil residues. It took an extra wipe or two but it did a pretty decent job of removing my gel eye liner. Aside from the price, I might considering getting this product for myself.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Eh, I've had better eye-makeup removers than this one. Even though it claims not to irritate your eyes it does. Also, it leaves me with a "makeup shadow" that no amount of product will get off. This product just seems to spread the makeup around more. Sometimes I feel like I get a thin plasticky film over my skin when I use it. It's good for if you use just eyeshadow and pencil liner, but, please, use something else if you use mascara and/or liquid eyeliner.

I found this harsh and drying. I give it a 1 rather than a 0 because it may be okay for those who wear light eye makeup and have oilier skin.

This is my favorite eye makeup remover. It's light, refreshing/cool, and removes my makeup well. It feels great on my eyes, and it doesn't feel oily like a lot of eye makeup removers. It doesn't, however, work well on waterproof liner/mascara, because it doesn't have oil in it. I use the bi-facil eye makeup remover when I have waterproof makeup on. But I still love this product.

on 2/9/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Another gullible shopper here.

I went to replace my Bi-Facil as it was nearing on empty and the Lancome counter was out of stock on that one. The saleslady assured me that since I do not wear waterproof make-up, this would work just as well, with a nice refreshing feeling as a bonus.

Maybe Effacil has this effect on people who wear one very light layer of mascara, but on me it caused instant raccoon eyes. No amount of product or rubbing managed to get all the black off until I went back to my practically empty Bi-Facil and desperately tried to get the last few drops out. A teeny bit of Bi-Facil instantly removed the black smudges in a single wipe. Needless to say I chucked the Effacil immediately (they do not accept returns at the store where I bought it).

As a reference, I tend to use two to three coats of Hynose mascara, kohl eyeliner and often eyeshadow + primer.

The price is quite high for a product that does not work well. I paid EUR 25 and whilst Bi-Facil is worth that to me, Effacil definitely is not. I've used drugstore brands that did a lot better at a fraction of the cost.

I would not repurchase, but on behalf of my poor abused under eye area I would like to have a word with the sales lady who suckered me into buying this.

on 8/19/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product is an effective eye and makeup remover. It's not oily like Lancome's Bi-Facil, which I prefer.

on 6/27/2010 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product does exactly what it says it does - removes eye make up without stinging or irritating - not a trivial accomplishment because in my experience most e.m. removers sting, smell foul, and either leave greasy residue or dry out the skin too much. This has none of those issues and while it does have a smell, it is not an unpleasant one (and I'm pretty picky about scents - usually I prefer unscented if possible). The only e.m. remover I've found that is similar to this but that I like even more is Arconia White Tea eye make up remover, but the Arconia is more expensive per ounce than this is. I don't use any waterproof eye makeup, so I can't speak to how effective this is for removing waterproof products, but for other kinds of eye make up, including liner, this works for me.