October 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Eyes - MAC - Red Pigment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2004 2:53:00 AM More reviews by oomisstrinaoo

Red is one of my favorite colors and I've been disappointed with all shades of red eyeshadow until I discovered this! It's exactly what I was looking for, a true red that isn't too sheer to be noticable. Looks great with carbon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by star811

I LOVE red e/s! Before red pigment, I was using Frankly Scarlet blush (which was too pink) and Flammable paint (too burgundy.) The red pigment is just right. A true, matte red. It also makes a cute l/g when mixed with clear lipglass or vaseline.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2003 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Funnybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The red pigment is a matte red color. It's nice to use this pigment on my eyes when i'm wearing a red shirt. You can also use the red pigment on your lips with lipgloss or use it as a blush. A little goes a long way on this pigment. I add red glitter for my shine to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2003 2:44:00 AM More reviews by breezybri

This is a GREAT vivid red for those who are sick of trying red shadows only to find sheer reds. However, I don't think it applies as smoothly as some other pigments. It's almost sticky on the eyelids and hard to blend, and it creases like mad. I had the same problem with PINK, another matte pigment. Maybe the matte ones just apply differently than the shimmery ones. But if you have ways of getting around that, it's an awesome colour, so unique. Looks SO good on the lips too since it's a matte red. I'd buy it again though, but I'll never have to. This pot is huge and one dab is plenty. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 6:54:00 PM More reviews by brianx

Definitely my favorite shade of pigment, ever. RED is a brilliant, bright (almost orange) matte red shade. It can be used wet (like all other pigments) to intensify the color and staying power, and is just an all-around great product. RED is not suggested for use around the eye area, but I do it anyway. It looks great as an all-around smoky liner, or as a shadow (used wet) all over the lid. It's also great to add to red nailpolishes to amp up the intensity, or even to add to clear nailpolishes to make sheer red shades. You can also add it to a pearly white nailpolish to make a really cool pearly red (or pink) nailpolish. It is also great to mix with clear (or red) lipglosses for intensity. If I could give this 4567899878 lipsticks, I would.