October 24, 2014 | 1122 users online

Powder - LORAC - wet/dry powder makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

Really good powder. Great color choices, buttery, and applies easily. Doesn't accentuate my dry patches. I have a basket full of powders and this one is one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by mgaugust

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost a year now with no complaints. I've had no breakouts or reactions of any kind and i have very sensitive skin. I have experienced a little oiliness and color change in the summer (it's not mat but gets a little shiny and kind of orang) but I still like it. I use it dry (didn't like the look or coverage at all when I tried to apply it wet) and it creates a very smooth not overdone smooth, even tone look on my face. I will by it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by bhakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Considering my age, my skin has a good texture, but I struggle with redness due to rosacea. So concealer is my #1 priority in make up. My second priority is a good medium to sheer foundation to apply over the concealer to kind of blend it all together and look finished. My favorite was Cargo's powder foundation, but my Ulta doesn't carry it anymore. A helpful SA guided me to LORAC, which I had never tried before. It's a little pricey, but it's turning out to last a looong time! After metrogel and moisturizer, I brush on cream concealer to mask redness, then use the sponge to press on a very light layer of LORAC wet/dry powder foundation. I let it sit for minute, then brush lightly in a downward direction with a kabuki brush. The finish is semi-matte, and it lasts a good 6-7 hours without a touch up. I've been using it for 6 months, and have a little less than half left. Works for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely NOT worth the almost 40 bucks for this powder. Its WAY too expensive for what it is and it really isnt much of a foundation. I could barely get a light coverage out of this stuff and when I tried it wet it looked terrible and just sunk into my pores and clogged them. Im taking this back to the store asap.

I dont recommend this at all. Too bad too because they had very light yellow based shades which are hard to find. Oh well..the search continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Carrielynn1212

I have used bare minerals for a few months and it was a pretty good coverage but it was easy to look too cakey and also made my face shiny. I initially went into sephora having read reviews about Urban Decay's surreal skin mineral makeup with the intention of purchasing it. However, they were out of my shade and the lady working recommended this for my sensitive acne prone face. Being impatient and wanting a new coverup, I went for it. At 36 bucks a pop, this is so not worth it. I've had 6 dollar makeup cover better.It is shhheeeeer, and I wanted something with a heavier coverage. If you put it on with the sponge, it cakes but with a brush it does not cover anything...I just cannot win. Also a part of my face itched all day after applying...I'll be returning this tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Carlita22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually use Merle Norman Luxiva powder foundation, but decided to try something different. I have oily, acne prone skin, large pores, some redness and acne scarring. This went on smoothly, didn't look chalky, and the color match was good for me. But it didn't have good lasting power, and it seemed to make me even oilier than normal. It looked like my face was misted with water, that's how oily I would become, regardless of how many times I would blot my face. I returned this, and am sticking with the Merle Norman. Now, THAT is a good product for me in terms of coverage and oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Mandim508

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this over my MAC studio fix and it really gives off a nice, matte finish. It doesn't have that super-powdery look that clings to every little tiny hair and pore on your face. All I need for this is a big brush and a light hand -- the included sponge can be a little too much if it isn't used correctly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by BrittaniB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of Lorac and they proved to amaze me with this powder, I use it over my Lorac liquid foundation just to set it. I love it, it stays on all day and evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Lovestar2518

I love this powder! It applies very smoothly, matches my skin perfectly, long lasting and very natural. This is my number 1 powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by miz16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a rip-off. Turned orange on my face but even worse, it didn't go on evenly. It was horribly noticable around my nose and forehead. Maybe it works for some but to me it was garbage and I through it out. Shouldn't have strayed from my Bare Escentuals.