August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Fragrances - Aveda - personal blends pure-fume spirit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After all these years, Aveda has finally, truthfully made the "store" fragrance which is the Shampure. Supposedly the Shampure (#6) Fragrance contains some 15 plus Essential Oils and is "pure". Not so much, lol. Aveda products are filled with parabens, sulfites, etc. Loads of cleansing products are made with these so it's really no big deal, but there is the matter of "truth in advertising" and Aveda would get more respect from me if they just owned up to this fact.

That all said, the 25 essential oils are as follows: Rose, Lavender, Aloe, Rosemary, Orange, Eucalyptus, Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Anise, Fennel, Licorice, Bergamot, Coriander, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Vanilla. The scent is light, sweet, spicy, calming, and lasts several hours on my (very dry) skin. It can be purchased in the Perfume Spray, Dry oil, lotion, and the oil is coming out in the fall. I will never give it up. It's that addictive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Renacherry

I bought this and had her mix it with Lavender and Vanilla. It was $20 initially and when I run out, they will refill it with any scent for $10, so it wasn't that bad of a deal.

The scent I picked is light and floral with the underlying vanilla to carry it. And it lasts quite a while, especially when sprayed onto the pulse points. I love that you can create your own scent. I would definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by deutsch100

Aveda #6 Purefume is what used to be their Shampure Purefume. If you love the classic, and immediately identified "Aveda" smell....#6 is for you. I have worn Angel (Thierry Mugler) for about 20 years, but once in a while I wear this #6/Shampure scent. It is very clean, earthy, spicy and wonderful. I actually had someone one time, while standing in line at the bank tell me that I smell like Aveda!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:15:00 AM More reviews by samy12586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love my #6 mixed with a fire element (I can't remember which one it was). It definitely lasts longer than some of my perfumes and I love the smell of ylang-ylang with lavendar. However, a small spray is about $25 so it's a little expensive but overall, I will continue to buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by beano333

i received this free today b/c it is my birthday month. i picked #9 Full Spectrum Nature-- love the smell, it's a little spicy and wakes me up. i agree with the other post, wish they labeled the scent on the jar. i have one from last year and i 'think' it's #12.

i only gave it 3 lippies b/c it's not an essential product for me. i'm happy to have received it for free :)

i found it very hard to smell all of those jars and pick a scent! i found a list online and hope it helps you in the future:

#1: Key Element Earth -- Notes: Peppermint, Lemon, Orange
#2: Key Element Water -- Notes: Rose, Geranium, Eucalyptus
#3: Key Element Fire -- Notes: Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Rose
#4: Key Element Air -- Notes: Clove, Rose, Jasmine
#5: Key Element Infinity -- Notes: Petitgrain, Orange, Lemon (scent used in the Brilliant line)
#6: Key Element Water/Air -- Notes: Ylang Ylang, Bergomot, Orange (scent used in Shampure)
#7: Key Element Air/Water -- Notes: Lime, Orange, Lemon (old Chakra III scent Equipose)
#9: Key Element Water/Air/Fire -- Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Jasmine
#12: Key Element Earth -- Notes: Peppermint, Eucalyptus
#15: Key Element Water -- Notes: Clove, Anise, Fennel
#20: Key Element Fire -- Notes: Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Violet Leaves
#25: Key Element Infinity -- Notes: Lime, Lavender

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by NucMed1975

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

These are actually the oils I have, but they are still the peronal blend fragrances. There is no category specifically for personal blends pure-fume oils so that's why I'm listing it here.

I got 3 of these free over the past few years on my birthday, and it's so hard to find notes on here, so I called my local Aveda store and got the notes of them for everyone's convenience. The ones I have are:

#20 Fire - Pure-Fume Oil - Notes are Violet leaf, wintergreen, ylang, and sandalwood (as the other reviewer noted). After 3 years in my cool, dark perfume cabinet I tried it again and it smells like smoking violet leaves on me, yuck.

#2 Water - Pure-Fume Oil - Notes are Rose, Geranium, Eucalyptus, and Lemon. This is a pleasant smelling one after 2 years, all then notes are still detectable and the fragrance strength is still the same when i first got it. None of the notes really stand out more than the others do.

#25 Infinity - Pure-Fume Oil - Notes are Lavendar and Lime. I can't detect the lime too much, if anything it just gives the lavendar a little twist. Nice relaxing scent, though, and hasn't lost it's strength after 1 year.

The Pure-Fume Oils come in a glass bottle, but it has no roller ball, it comes out in a "controlled drip" if you tip it over onto your arm so it never spills out. I didn't like the Pure-Fume 'Sprit' which is the spray form because the scent is much weaker, and after 4 years, my first scent completely lost it's fragrance notes! So all I smelled was alcohol. Also, I don't like the labeling of the perfumes because they don't tell you what fragrance # it is, so if you have more than one personal blends fragrance like i do, then you need to put a label on the bottle yourself so you'll know what you're wearing.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Aveda's scents. I find little fault with them. My favourite, HG scent is the #6 Shampure. Absolute heaven! I might try other purefume scents or other perfumes for a little variety but I always come back to this one. The scent is a little harder to describe but, among the "25 essences," it has ylang ylang and lavender. I will say it doesn't seem to last forever (a few hours, tops) but I'm not sure if it's truly faded or if I'm just so used to the scent I can't smell anymore. (Some people have said they can still smell it even when I can't.) That's what's so great about the packaging. Whether you choose the spray or oil, they are small enough to fit into a pocket so you can reapply throughout the day. Right now, I also have one of the sandalwood based ones which is a nice, rich scent. Lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Dillydonna

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love #4. It smells so fresh and comforting, not at all like the typical Aveda scent. I just wish it lasted longer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spray this when I want to feel great and that is what a fragrance should do - make you feel good when you apply it! Aveda pure - fume has long been a favorite of mine as it is so unique to other fragrances on the market. Of all the fragrances that I loved this is one of the only ones that is still in existance today!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this last week in #6 (on the recommendation of the SA), which that basic Aveda earthy scent - kind of like Shampure. ( Describing scent is not my forte.) I like this very much. I feel really earth mothery when I wear it - like John Denver would write music about me (well, not now, of course) and maybe Al Gore would propose or something. I feel at one with nature and in harmony with the universe, even with the Spanx cutting off my respiration. For about an hour. Then the scent fades completely away and I'm left thinking, " What the hell happened to that perfume I dropped all that cash on? I'm going right back over there and give that heifer a piece of my mind..." Then I hurriedly apply more and return to a place of calm, thus avoiding bad karma from a confrontation. And getting my ass kicked. That SA was HUGE.

21 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No