August 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Conair - Pain-Free Hair Removal System

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Deydria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ok so several things to point out, this product is great...just not for the purpose that it was meant to serve.

WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS?
It's basically a small sander, but instead of wood it's for your skin and 'the sandpaper' is much thinner

WHY ARE MOST REVIEWS ON THIS BAD?
Because it's a tool rather than a lotion there is more than one way to misuse it; pressing too hard causing skin irritation or not pressing hard enough for hair removal. Rotating it in one spot for long. Using on skin that isn't dry.
-it's pricey

The BAD:
I was disappointed with it because IT DOES NOT REMOVE HAIR, maybe a bit but definitely not enough to just use this product alone. Even if you manage to remove all the hair, once you swipe your hand across your leg it will feel prickly like how it does 2 days after shaving.

THE GOOD:
I found this to be an excellent exfoliator. It is quick and painless. The design of it is easy to hold and you just quickly go over your legs in a circular motion and that's it, you never need to buy any exfoliating products again. Good for ingrown hairs.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by shannon_76

Did anyone else's legs become itchy and peel off after using this?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by dalsmommy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I lucked out on the price of this...picked it up at Excess Cargo for 4.99. I actually don't mind it. You do have to do it about once a week, but I have been using it for a couple of months now, and the hair comes in much lighter. Not as good as the old Epilady, but it is no pain. Just alot of "skin dust"! I found that using an unscented lotion afterwards is the answer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2006 6:53:00 PM More reviews by sugar113

What a waste of money ! I spent $80 on this product, for what? It irritated my skin like crazy and my skin is tough as rubber ! lol..

So on the package it claims that the first few times, it may not work so well and you will get used to the irritation - something along the lines of that. Well the first time I used it, my skin burned but they did feel smooth. I applied some lotion to help the irritation and about an hour or so later, I felt my legs and they were hairy ! It made no difference at all. It basically stripped a layer of skin off my legs and didnt do squat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very pale skin and black coarse hair. I tried depilatory, waxing, and shaving. Everything causes my skin to have allergic reactions and nothing lasts more than a day or two. This circumvents the problem of allergies by just removing your skin all together - leaving the hair behind, I might add. Don't just avoid this, tell all your friends and relatives to avoid it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2004 11:24:00 PM More reviews by carbonatedbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this for the first time ever this afternoon. It seems simple to use, however, my legs feel very sensitive hours later. There is still some stubble. I had to go over some areas repeatedly to remove the hair. Some of the hair is still there. The manual suggests that you will get used to the performance of the machine after ten to fifteen uses, and you will be impressed. I don't know. I am sure that I will have to shave the areas that feel stubbly in the morning, provided that the sensitivy decreases. It's funny how it doesn't hurt at all until you stop. I would not recommend this to anyone until I am can safely say that I am happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2004 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Lowndes

Buy sandpaper instead, it's cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2003 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dobieluv

I tried this because of the claim that you could go 2 weeks without shaving(which is a task I HATE)). Plopped down my $60 at KMart,used it for a few weeks & now it resides in the "graveyard"(the linen closet in the bathroom).Oh, it'll sand you leg hair off alright.And your legs will itch like the devil the next day too.And you'll need to reuse it in the same amount of time that you would normally shave.What a let down for $60! I'll just go back to my purple Schick razor with the wires, thank you very much!