September 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Lips - Smashbox - Limitless Lip Cream - Frame

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by benny143

This is easily the WORST lip product I have ever used. The consistency is tar-like and it dries your lips out terribly!! The formulation is so thick I cannot get an even application. Just terrible!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2003 1:13:00 PM More reviews by mukky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sent it back to QVC. Very drying and tacking. Did not wear well. I was very disappointed in this product. I expected a much better texture given the advertising.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2003 11:34:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product, though it was not nearly as long lasting as I would have liked. I like the color and it doesn't dry out my lips nearly as much as other long lasting lip colors I've tried. I wish I could use gloss over it without making it slide right off my lips.

Update: Had to change my review of this one. I stopped wearing it because it didn't stay on and just ended up looking muddy. I didn't find it to be long-lasting at all and the texture is awful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by smashbox_diva

Save your money on this one! As much as I love Smashbox I didn't love this. Didn't last, felt very drying and didn't wear well at all! It is going back to QVC!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 3:01:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Limitless Lip Creams are a new product from Smashbox, offering opaque matte color in 4 shades. I bought mine from QVC for around $18 (steep for me, but if it performs ...).

Generally speaking, the Lip Creams are very pigmented, smooth & creamy, and matte, but not drying. They are sort of like Smashbox's answer to long-wearing lipcolors, ala MF Lipfinity & CG Outlast, but w/o the gloss stick.

They apply very smoothly initially, giving you ample time to get your look just right, and then they "set" or dry down, almost like a paint, but w/o a dry feeling.

The packaging is exactly that of CG's Gloss Slicks (squeeze tube w/doefoot wand), which I love, since it will allow me to get every last bit out once I can't reach the bottom of the tube with the wand.

FRAME is a warm-toned reddish brown, which, unfortunately, turned to a berry shade on my pigmented lips. Also, because this was one of their darker shades, and because of the matte finish, I just didn't find the color flattering on me -- it made my lips look old (oooh, baaad).

The staying power is actually very good, and the only downside I can think of is that it does feel a bit tacky as the hours go on (smack your lips and you feel it, you know what I mean?).

Performance-wise, I road tested this all day, and it does NOT BUDGE! Absolutely amazing! Through eating, drinking, and talking like a lunatic, I never once had to touch up. WOW! AND, I even added a gloss later on in the day, just to see how it'd look, and even with the gloss, it stayed on and on. Now THAT is FABULOUS!

All in all, the product itself gets a thumbs up, but the color just didn't work out for me (I'm a PPP/redhead/blue eyes), and that's the only reason I wouldn't repurchase this one. For my tastes, I like the shade FILM much better (see review for that -- major rave!). continued >>