Crabtree & Evelyn Freesia [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

on 2/20/2013 8:22:00 PM

I finally have used up both my EDP and my body lotion of this scent, and I'm sad because C&E doesn't make this scent any more. I loved it because it was sweet and light, but it lasted all day. The scent wasn't a straight freesia either. It had middle notes of jasmine, rose and lily, with bottom notes of vanilla, amber, and precious woods. I think that's maybe why I liked it so much. And the body lotion would make my skin feel so soft! Please Crabtree, bring this one back!!!

on 8/17/2012 4:34:00 PM

No, not Iris. But the system won't let me change over from Iris! Down with The Man! This review is for freesia. You know, a bulb plant like Iris, but way better smelling flowers? Yeah. That one.
The Freesia sample I'm working with is Old. Years and years old. But excellent. The closest I've smelled to actual freesia in a perfume, it has a lovely top which is slightly soapy, and then just goes all pretty, It's not interesting and is pretty much one note the whole way through, but it's a soliflore so I cant fault it for doing its one trick well. I'm not buying it. If I owned a bottle, I'd give it to the DD, because it's too littlegirl/mumsy for me and I am a Mumsy. But overall, judging it against its peers, it's a winner- just not my taste.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I generally don't care for florals. I prefer dark warm seductive orientals. But I was in c&e and saw this. I actually really like it. It's very light and feminine. The only issue I have with it is it's not the greatest in stating power. But I can deal with that. I don't wear it often but when I do I feel all pretty and delicate.

on 4/26/2008 9:44:00 AM

I only have one word for Freesia - disappointing. The scent was great but it had absolutely no staying power at all! While the fragrance was full-on during the first 2 minutes, it stayed on for about 15 minutes before disappearing. Alas, this was so promising. :(

on 9/23/2006 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This and Caswell Massey's freesia are great for those who love freesia scents. Alas Crabtree plans to d/c the freesia line by 2007 so get a bottle now, while you can. Also tyr Floris of London. Crabtree's costs a bit more than Caswell's but I like it more. A true, sweet, lasting freesia floral.

on 6/23/2006 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been a fan of this fragrance for over ten years! I've worn it during some major events in my life and it always brings back positive and emotional memories. Freesia to me is Spring and Summer in a bottle. Light,non cloying and very feminine. One of the best freesia fragrances in the market IMHO. I always come back to this as it is a staple in my collection. Great fragrance! EDIT 7/10/08 Stocked up on this today since I found bottles of it on sale for $10. Asked the salesgirl if it was on sale because it's going to be discontinued and she said yes. It makes me so sad to hear that they're axing this one. It's such a great fragrance and I've yet to find another freesia scent that I like. : (

on 1/27/2006 2:52:00 AM

This is such a nice fragrance. I wore it in highschool, then again about 5 years later, and then about 3 years ago I bought another bottle, and I found in my mid-thirties, I still loved it. Very floral, very feminine, and a nice sweetness.

on 12/29/2005 11:04:00 AM

What gives? I love this stuff. I wonder why people who don't care for florals are even reviewing Freesia, because it's like, a floral. Anyhow, I love the honey, the green drydown down, and the pure freesia. My hubby loves it. I love it and wear it every spring.

on 12/1/2005 7:41:00 PM

The scent makes me dizzy and sick, like almost all C&E floral scents. I can't say I'm not a floral person because I do love some floral fragrances, say Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Vera Wang...etc. But not some single note English florals that smell so blunt and old-ladyish.

on 7/1/2004 9:16:00 PM

I tried this in the store in the eau de parfum. This reminds me why I am not really a floral girl. I do detect that honey note and I find it a strange combinaion with freesia. Gotta pass on this one.

Popular Fragrances