August 29, 2014 | 1872 users online

Mascara - mark - Scanda-Lash Hook Up Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've gotten this in a sample recently and I'm not too impressed. Whenever I apply at the top lash, it seems like most of my lashes get stuck together and then I have to use my lash comb to separate and make them look better. Most mascaras I have used, both drugstore and high-end usually don't do this. I'm glad I didn't pay for this stuff, even if it is under $10. Beware!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used one tube of this and have two more backups. This is a very nice mascara. It wears well, without flaking or smearing, and it gives my lashes a nice natural look. This is a good product for everyday use, not for more dramatic looks. I definitely recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got the new full sized tube of this and I'm incredibly disappointed. I remember wearing it in the past and liking it so maybe they changed the formula or I got a bad one? I don't know, but it did nothing for my lashes. It barely applied enough to make my lashes black (I think mine is the color blackest black), let alone add volume or length. I think part of the problem is that the tube is about a half inch in diameter so the brush as a result, is absolutely miniscule width wise. I am returning this and I certainly would not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDomino

This mascara worked perfectly for me. It wasn't too dramatic, but you can still notice it. When it dried it did not flake and this mascara does not clump. Easy application, and it is also very easy to take off at the end of the night. The packaging isn't too exciting, but I don't buy my makeup for the packaging. I will definitely buy this mascara again. It is better that Maybelline Great Lash and the Falsies mascara's.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by surferbabe09

Love this mascara and I always go back to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by didicrump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got these 2 for 1 dollar from a nice guy selling Avon/Mark makeup at my local flea market. I think its a great size for travel. The brush is nice and long. Its great for a lower lash mascara and as a base mascara. It makes my lashes look so long and natural. Would buy again if I ever come across it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this mascara is fine. Theres nothing fancy about it, it gives a natural look and I would even compare it to Maybelines full and soft. It doesn't clump, it coats lashes evenly and brings them to just the right colour of a natural black. It is pricey for the small amount you get, and I would hesitate to purchase it on its own, but if it came in a package deal, I would use it.

I have sensitive eyes and did not have any problems with this. I did not find that it flakes (which is what causes my sensitive eye issue), nor did I find it smudges during a 20 minute HIIT workout (major sweatathon).

Overall, its a good BASIC mascara with slight thickening properties and if you want a natural look, this would be for you. Oh and it washes off easily which I found nice. I didn't have to use a seperate eye makeup remover for it. Cetaphil took it off just fine.

Edit: I upped this to 4 stars because I seem to be making it my go to out of the 3 mascaras I currently have. There is no flaking on me, and doesn't bother my eyes and thickens my lashes quite nicely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s Scandalash Mascara is part of their hook-up line. It's currently available in two shades, I think it used to be available in four. I have the shade Blacklash (black). Mark. products are not tested on animals, and made in the USA. I received this in my rep kit. It retails for $6.50 for 3.5g (.12 oz).
Packaging is a small, plastic, brown tube about 2 inches long, with a black plastic cap. The cap is really small and hard to get a good grip on, making your mascara application more difficult. I suggest buying a hookup connector and attaching it to the cap,. It makes application easier and I think it improved the look of the product. If you're not familiar with Mark.'s hookup line, its a wide selection of mini-sized products, meant to be snapped together with a small connector, forming convenient, purse friendly duos.
Scanadalash's brush is long and thin with dense traditional bristles. It's pretty basic. Here it is with a BIC pen for comparison.
Scanadalash has a really dry formula similar to Almay's i-Color Intense mascara. This is supposed to be a thickening mascara but I feel like I get more length than thickness, not like I get a lot of either though. I feel like Scandalash doesn't really do much except add color and a little bit of length. Honestly, I think it weighs my lashes down, so much so that I need to curl them before and after application for them to be just a bit noticeable.
Blacklash isn't a very dark shade of black, but more along the lines of a brownish black or soft black. I actually thought it was a dark brown when I first used it.
This mascara doesn't wear well. Don't wear Scandalash if you're planning on doing even light activity, as even the smallest amount of sweat or water will cause it into a smudgy, flaky, clumpy disaster. It's really a mess. You don't even want to know what a lot of activity does to it. I've never had a mascara this messy.
As you can imagine, since it doesn't stay on even when you want it to, Scandalash removes really easily with water alone with no left over residue. It removes so easily, that it takes your lashes along with it. Each time I've worn Scandalash, I've lost three to six eyelashes on each eye. That's extremely unacceptable. I have gaps in my lashes now, and I normallIy have very full lashes.
Aside from not wearing well at all, Scandalash is also a value-fail. $6.50 for .12 oz. Less than half the size of a normal mascara, with a similar price. If you were to purchase a "full sized" version of this mascara, it would be around $15, not ok for a mascara that flakes off and causes lash loss. For that price, I'd be going for a high end mascara, or better yet, two drugstore ones.
To top off the value-fail, I'm not sure if it's because this mascara is dry and hard to get out of the tube, or if I'm underestimating how little product you get in this, but I've worn Scandalash 10 to 12 times, and it seems like it's almost empty.
I'm really displeased with Mark.'s Scandalash Mascara. It's messy, doesn't do much for your lashes, and is a horrible value. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, honestly. I rarely throw away a product for being awful, without trying to find every possible use for it first, but Scandalash will join an elite club of products that perform so poorly that I toss them out. It feels wasteful to me, but I'd rather waste a mascara I didn't pay for than compromise any more of my lashes. If you want to give Scanadalash a try, you can buy it from me here, but I honestly don't recommend it.
Ingredients:
Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Beeswax, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP, Talc, Silica, Oleic Acid, Ozokerite, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Candellila Wax, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Carnauba Wax, Maltodextrin Soluble Mucoprotien, Pathenol, PVP/Dimethylaminothylmethacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
May Contain:
Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Carmine, Titanium Dioxides, Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanides

There are definitely some undesirable ingredients. This mascara is NOT vegan

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bigbangendbsk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The mascara does not have a lot of product in it and it costs $8! It's horrible! It smudges and flakes right after you put it on, and the tube dries out pretty fast, so you don't really get to use this mascara at all. It's a waste of money! It also made my lashes very clumpy. Don't ever buy this! D:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in brownout and didn't find it very good. I had flaking and smudging.