December 20, 2014 | 1117 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Botanical Bronzer in Sunnybuddy

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really disappointed with this bronzer. It barely showed up on my skin, and that was with me really piling it on. It might work on someone who is pale, but on my tan skin it wouldn't show up and looked a bit orangeish. I don't think it is worth the money (it is around $12 if it is not on sale, which is a bit higher than the average drugstore product) considering how unpigmented it is. I just bought the elf bronzer duo and it is way more pigmented than this and a quarter of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by thespeedytomato

SImple, easy-to-open packaging. I bought this product after being very disappointed with Physician's Formula's Wakiki Strip shimmer strips "bronzer" and found the user-friendly compact a HUGE relief after the difficult-to-open shimmer strips.

If you have cool or neutral undertones, this may show up as a little orangey, but on warm skintones it doesn't look orange at all. It's moderately pigmented and it's got a subtle shimmer-- still a little glittery for my tastes, though. If you have medium-tan skin with warm undertones and are looking for a subtle bronzer that isn't necessarily matte, this is it. If your skin is already dark, though, I wouldn't bother-- this only barely shows up on my Asian/Indian medium-toned skin because it's winter and I haven't been in the sun much. Any tanner and I could probably use this for plain powder.

Bottom line: an okay product, but I just don't find myself reaching for it very often. Will not repurchase because I will likely never hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this for YEARS. I bought this I don't know how long ago and I still have plenty of product left.. I'm 20 and I bought it sometime in high school, maybe four years ago? It was one of the first things I bought for my makeup collection. Anyway, I am asian, very yellow/golden-toned and tan. So for me, slight orange tinge looks good and not fake. I use this with a very light hand where I would normally put blush (cheeks all the way back to the ear/hairline) for a natural glow. Also, I didn't like the way it picked up on my brush in the original packaging so I took scissors, mashed the entire thing up into fine (as fine as I could get it, anyway) powder and put it in a sifter jar. LOVE it like this. It looks scary orange in the jar but I use it with a light hand and it works wonders. Wouldn't suggest for pale/fair olive-toned ladies though!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

Stumbled across this on sale for my quest for a cheap bronzer. This is too orangey for me, but I have light olive skin. I can't pull off orange in any capacity.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by diarrheaslut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i wanted to like this one.
i wanted to like it so bad. physician's formula, in the shape of a cute little sunflower, you know, what's not to like?

that was before i ever tried it on my face.. first thing to take note of is the muddy orangey tone of the bronzer. not a good sign in a bronzer. you do NOT even want a hint of orange - that's the first step to looking unnaturally oompa loopma-esque. secondly was how dirty it made my face look. not tanned or bronzed at all, like i had literally been rolling in DIRT & gotten all dusty..
i would not recommend this product to ANYONE, especially if it was going at some places for 25 friggen dollars (seriously? go take that bad boy back & get you a store discount)
i know physician's formula is usually the pricier drugstore brand, but SHEESH. i've never seen it that expensive. i think mine was something like 7 - 8 bucks. granted, eight bucks too many for an orangey, dirty-faced outcome to the whole fiasco, but eh, ya live and ya learn. [:

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bethiebugg

I bought this product tonight at K-mart. I bought it for $1.12 full sized. I have been buying discounted BEAUTIFUL name brand make up for about 3 months now and I have quite the collection. It's a decent bronzer. I cannot complain.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl7

This product is alright. I like that its dark enough and that you don't have to pack it on to see a bronzing effect. The only thing i don't like is that it wears off quickly and it leaves behind sparkles .I also hate how expensive it is, its like $25, its not worth it. Like it doesn't last long enough, like I can only see it for like 10 minutes. The packaging is great. It doesn't work and its too expensive and thats why i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Miss_January

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first makeup products I ever purchased at the tender age of 16. I am almost 20 and I still use it! It's honestly one of the best bronzers I have come across. Although I am not Asian, I have about the same skin tone with yellow undertones, but not as sallow/jaundice-looking.

The shimmer in it doesn't have huge gold flecks. They're just right to add the warmth. The yellow of the sunflower blends with the bronze and is just right to sweep under my cheekbones. It's not too harsh, but it's still noticeable. Very good for contouring and it doesn't irritate my face. On some days I can even put it on my nose for a very dewy look. It is VERY NICE to put all over the body with a big brush! It's even believable on the legs!

I wouldn't say it's dirt cheap because it costs $11.95. That's a little expensive for a drugstore bronzer, but it is a quality product. I would like to say that it lasts long, but it does not. Very few times I saw the bottom of the pan soon enough, but all the others it just broke because of the crap packaging. I normally don't break pressed powders, but this one always finds away to break, whether falling on carpet or shuffling around in my purse. The sunflower is awfully cute, though. :3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good bronzer for my light (NC 15 in MAC) skin. The packaging is very cheap and tacky looking, but I don't care because I am the only one who sees it :p The design of the flower on the bronzer is very cute. The shimmer in it is pretty, not overpowering. It will give a dewy look. This gives me a nice, natural looking tan glow. I have very yellow undertones in my skin, and the yellow undertones of this bronzer definitly helps even out my skintone and make my skin look more flawless. Is definitly for lighter skintones with more bronze/yellow in them. The appearance of this product on your skin is less of a true, deep bronze tan and more of a golden glow. Go lightly at first and let it sink in for a few minutes before you add more. I wear this on my face, neck and chest to give me a nice glow. Would not reccommend if you don't like a 'dewy' or shimmery/natural look, because as I said before it does have shimmer in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by DianeLuvsMunky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This bronzer is pretty good if your looking to get a golden glow, but if your looking to get a tanned look this is not for you(maybe if your very pale). It gives my medium skin(with yellow undertones)a nice healthy glow after i've applied my foundation and matte powder. If I didn't my face would look too matte and blah. However don't use too much because this bronzer has a lot of shimmer to it. I might repurchase again because a nice golden glow looks nice on people with yellow undertones, but it's a bit too shimmery.