July 26, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lips - Smashbox - Limitless Lip Cream - Film

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

OK, not impressed with this product. The color is very so-so, kinda blah. The one good thing I can say is that it comes with a little wand which makes application so easy. It also feels really nice and smooth going on, but after a minute or 2 it gets all dry and dull. For $18 it isn't worth it, should be like $8! This is definetly NOT a must have item.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2003 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Lisa71

This is my favorite long wearing lipstick. It is a creamy matte finish and it last ALL DAY! It makes your lips look fuller and sexy. I have tried lots of other long wearing lippies and they dried out my lips way too much. I don't have that problem with this. It doesn't flake or get all gross either. I think that if you have dry lips and you want to wear this apply a primer or lip balm first and then apply this you will get great results. I sometimes use Cargo's lip primer with this. I was lucky to get four of these Limitless lip creams from work but I would definately spend the $18 for one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2003 8:34:00 AM More reviews by thursday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Flaky-lipped girls need to do the old toothbrush-and-petroleum-jelly exfoliating trick before using any of the Limitless lip creams (or any of the new long-wearing lipsticks, for that matter). Film is a taupe-pink, cool shade that is surprisingly wearable for medium-toned Asian skin, and perfect if you want to play with the mod look. One trick I've discovered is to apply it with the wand from the tube in the center of the lower lip, and then spread with a lipbrush - it's a sheerer wash of matte color, so you get the matte effect but still have the natural lip texture showing through.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Oh This stuff is awful. I got this in Film, a YLBB Nuetral shade of pinky brown. This stuff feels horrible on. Completely dry and flaky. Made my lips feel like they were cracking. The feeling drove me crazy all morning. It does stay on the outer part of my lips (not the inner part but most longwearing lippies dont) This stuff flaked more than Covergirl Outlast or MaxFactor Lipfinity and didnt have the extra gloss stick to moisturize. I would rather stick with CG than this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2003 1:40:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Limitless Lip Creams are a new product from Smashbox, offering opaque matte color in 4 shades. I bought mine from QVC for around $18 (steep for me, but if it performs ...).

Generally speaking, the Lip Creams are very pigmented, smooth & creamy, and matte, but not drying. They are sort of like Smashbox's answer to long-wearing lipcolors, ala MF Lipfinity & CG Outlast, but w/o the gloss stick. They apply very smoothly initially, giving you ample time to get your look just right, and then they "set" or dry down, almost like a paint, but w/o a dry feeling.

The packaging is exactly that of CG's Gloss Slicks (squeeze tube w/doefoot wand), which I love, since it will allow me to get every last bit out once I can't reach the bottom of the tube with the wand.

Film is a creamy toasted pinky nude shade, neutral in tone, and it surprisingly stained my pigmented lips slightly, despite the fact that it's the lightest shade offered.

Film definitely provides an Angelina Jolie-type lip look! I think the shade is also more exaggerated because of the fact that it's matte, so there's less dimension to the lip. On my pigmented lips, it shows up as a creamy taupey pink.

The staying power is actually very good, and the only downside I can think of is that it does feel a bit tacky as the hours go on (smack your lips and you feel it, you know what I mean?).

You can also throw a gloss on top, which I just did, and it looks phenomenal!

So all in all, I'm giving this one a thumbs up!

ETA: One day later, I've road tested this all day, and it does NOT BUDGE! Absolutely amazing! Through eating, drinking, and talking like a lunatic, I never once had to touch up. WOW! AND, I even added a gloss later on in the day, just to see how it'd look, and even with the gloss, it stayed on and on. FABULOUS! continued >>