Dior Diorific Lipstick in Roulette Red

4.9

on 12/26/2012 10:48:00 PM

This has got to be the most pigmented, creamy, truest red lipstick I own, next to Chanel Dragon. I collect beautiful red lipstick, and it's definitely a plus if it comes in nice, retro-looking packaging! The color is a very vivid, blue-toned red. The pigment is very dense and screams luxury. It is quite creamy but looks somewhat matte on the lips. It is nowhere near as drying as NARS or MAC Mattes. This lipstick is THE definition of a pin-up red. It's a shame the line of Rouge Diorific lipsticks were discontinued, the beautiful packaging and pigment make it a winner. I had to order this from the U.K., but it still may be available on Amazon or Ebay. I now plan on ordering the orange-red Dolce Vita Red, also!

on 5/13/2012 3:52:00 PM

Fabulous colour. My perfect red, gorgeous for the classic, hollywood vamp evening look. I am very fair skinned (NC20 ish) and this doesn't wash me out or give me yellow teeth (though admittedly my teeth are reasonably ok - thank you Sonicare!). I don't find this either orange or blue hued.

I use a lip liner with this (as I do with any bright lipsticks) so I don't get feathering/bleeding. I find it lasts well & wears off quite nicely/evenly. It is quite moisturising too, which is a huge bonus for such an opaque, highly pigmented lipstick.

I gave 4/5 for packaging because I just find it a bit, well, gaudy & verging on the vulgar.

That said, if I ever run out, I will certainly rebuy as it is my perfect shade in a gorgeous formulation.

I note someone further down said it was being discontinued way back in 2007. I bought mine about 3.5 yrs ago and I can still buy it in the UK. So if it has been discontinued in your part of the world, rest assured you CAN still pick it up here if you're passing through or know a friendly Brit who'll post :)

Wort every penney! save your money and buy a Diorific Lipstick!

Roulette Red is really the truest red of all reds. I have La Dolce Vita Red as well, bit i prefer roulette red, because it is RED RED RED!
Great staying power and very opaque.

on 8/21/2010 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

TRUEST RED. PERFECT for my NC 30 skin ( Asian) i've wasted so much money finding the right red from MACs, shu uemuras, chanel...and THIS IS THE ONE. highly recommended!!!everything is perfect. the color. the finish.. the feel on my lips.. aahhhhh!! love it!!!

THIS IS MY PERFECT RED LIPSTICK !

i really like the semi-matte, creamy though longlasting finish.

It´s a cherry red, not a tomato-orangey red.

Really really cool.

I´m half asian, so i can tell you this colour fits any asian girl !

I prefer it to MAC russian red, dubonnet, lady danger and NARS fire down below, afghan red, trans siberian.

PS :

The packaging is so cool... everyone wanted to take a look at it....

on 1/24/2008 8:13:00 PM

OMG!!! DEFINITELY MY PERFECT RED COLOUR. I am asian and in my opinion this is the best red for me.definitely very very sexy- burlesque - pin up girl look!! LOVE LOVE ITTTTT!!!!!the texture is divine as well. althought you must use this with a red lip liner within the lip line and a clear lip liner outside the lip line.

on 3/9/2007 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the best red I've EVER found for my complexion (golden blonde hair, hzl eyes, med-fair peach toned skin). If you're looking for that 50's sexy Marilyn Monroe lipstick color, this is it!! The texture is smooth as butter, it stays put, and one tube will last you forever so, to me, it's worth the higher price.

This color has been my signature lip color for at least 6 years so I'm totally devastated to find out today that it's now been discontinued.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is easily one of my all-time favourite red lipsticks, a vivid, sensational true red with a true vintage-Hollywood feel. It has a comfortable satiny-matte finish which I don't find at all drying on my (normally dry-ish) lips, and paired with the Diorliner 980 in red, it never gives me any problems with bleeding or feathering. It has fantastic staying power thanks to the rich pigmentation. And I love the OTT packaging—an unabashedly phallic, heavy chunky gold tube with bulbed ends.

on 12/11/2006 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Perfection in a tube. I am a red lipstick whore and this one gets me the most compliments. A true red with no blue or orange undertones. Super long wearing but not too dry. I highly recommend this one!

on 3/4/2006 12:54:00 AM

Nice colour-but best with a sparingly application-lovely hue for pale skin and blue eyed people. Downside: Drying-will need a lip balm underneath. Price: $55.00 NZ. Packaging: Gaudy,flashy, for the person who craves attention ,unlike the understated elegance of the Chanel lipsticks. A slimmer-less bold looking applicator would be a bonus.

Popular Lipsticks