October 21, 2014 | 903 users online

Makeup Brushes - Paula's Choice - Mini Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I have been on the lookout for a relevant travel brush set for quite some time. I finally purchased Paula's. I love the overall size, they fit quite handily in my purse and I love the brush sizes. I bring mineral powder foundation with me when I travel, and the powder brush is a pretty decent size for blending. I also have the BE baby buki brush if I need to blend in extra coverage. The other brushes are good, but there is missing an eyebrow comb/brush. I need it for grooming brows! I stuck in one of those little disposable spooley brushes you can get at Sephora. Does the job. I wish she would change her logo to something nicer, or leave it off the front of the kit. Overall quality is good, the brushes are nice and soft but they are still shedding one me. Hopefully that will stop soon. I highly recommend this kit to makeup-obsessed travellers :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought one for myself for travel and one for my daughter for a starter set. it has all the necessary brushes. they are all soft and functional and small so they fit great in a little travel bag. i have washed them frequently and they have held their shape and i don't get shedding when i use them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this as a travel brush set for about 5 years. It has pretty much all the brushes I need, I do add a lip brush and another eyeshadow brush. It comes in a black pouch. I have washed these many times and they are still in excellent shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Paula's Select Mini Brush Set comprises:
Mini Powder Brush
Mini Blush Brush
Mini Large Eyeshadow Brush
Mini Small Eyeshadow Brush
Mini Wedge Brow Brush
Mini Eyeliner Brush (which I didn't use).
To this set I added the MAC retractable lip brush which fitted neatly into the carrying pouch, my kabuki brush for blending, and my "extra" wish is for a mini concealer brush, please, Paula.
I've recently been on a month's travels, uprooting every 2-3 days, and this brush set was a blessing. All brushes performed well and I very much liked the Mini Wedge Brow Brush which doubled beautifully as an eyeliner brush for my upper lash line, using powder eyeshadow. The size of the brushes was a boon rather than a hindrance, as sometimes long handles are a bit unwieldy. I didn't have the problem with shedding that others have mentioned. I highly recommend this set, even though it may need supplementing with one or two of your indispensable brushes. The price is good, the carry pouch is just the right size for travel and the quality of the brushes is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Actually I just needed a small blush brush, but I decided to buy this entire set because it looked so cute, was affordable and easy to take along. I also bought the lip brush to complete this brush set. The size of these brushes is perfect for me: I have a small face and small hands so I can't handle large brushes that well, esp. not large blush- and powder brushes. I do agree both these brushes shed somewhat. But they do feel very soft, as well as the eyeshadow brushes. The eyeliner brush is very fine and makes applying a thin line around the eyes very easy. I cannot commend on the wedge/brow brush because I don't use anything on my eyebrows;-) It feels soft yet firm enough to me. The black nylon case is nice but there isn't much space left for other brushes. I think for its price this is a great mini brush set of decent quality, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase. BTW always wash your new brushes first before using them; it will make them softer, cleaner and will remove any shedding hairs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush set. I shopped around a lot for travel-sized brushes. I looked at the ones from sephora, the MAC nordstrom anniversary sets and some from target. Not only was the PC brush set priced better than any of the others, it also had everything I wanted (liner brush, flat eyeshadow brush - 2 of them actually, nice soft powder brush) and none of the lame filler that usually comes in brush sets (I'm talking to you, stupid eyeshadow sponge-on-a-stick-thingie). I felt confident ordering from PC because I know she is picky and that the brushes would be great, and they are. I have never had any shedding, which is more than I can say for some of my full-sized MAC brushes. Also, the case is flexible enough to accommodate my MAC travel lip brush and a mascara spoolie. I only wish that I could order replacements for the brushes without ordering the whole set again, since I lost the eyeliner brush.

Paula's Choice Mini Brush Set - $32.95

includes brushes for powder, blush, medium and large flat eyeshadow, eyeliner and angle brow in a nylon velcro carrying case

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

i love this set as a starter kit! feels so soft and have not shed a single hair on me and i have washed it a few times. admitedly i only use makeup when i go out or in the weekends or evenings....so i am not a heavy user.feels very soft and the mini blush brush fits the apples of my cheeks nicely.its also great for contouring cheekbones and the mini powder brush is also good for distributing powder.the two are about half the size of her regular ones but the eyeshadow brushes are the same size. can be a bit scratchy but overall its good. the small eyeshadow maybe a bit too big for asian eyes that usually not deepset but its still very much usuble. i have since bought other brands of full size brushes according to her recommendation from her book, but i still use her mini eyeshadow brushes, eyeliner and angled brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sabet

I like the size of this set, fits into my smallest purse and is easy to carry around. I always have it on me. I use powder and blush brushes all the time, they shed sometimes, but I still find them of very reasonable quality. I like the eyeliner brush, but I found that the two eyeshadow brushes don't really work for me. Maybe it's just me. I don't like flat eyeshadow brushes in general.
I cut the handle of SK#13 shorter and added it to the kit - that's all I ever use for all of my eyeshadow applications on the go.
I had my kit for two years and use just about every day, because I always end up doing my make up at work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ladyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pleased with this set. I have several of PC's full sized brushes. The brushes have the same sized head as the full sized versions, with the exception of the powder and blush brushes. Give similar performance as well. I'm able to fit several extra brushes in the pouch, including Cover Girl/Max Factor's shadow brush, and four Japonesque travel brushes (squirrel, shadow detailer, smudge, square push brush). I also bought the travel set from L'Oreal (powder, concealer, lip, shadow). These two brush sets cover all my makeup application needs for any travel situation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2004 1:23:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

These brushes aren't as nice as what I use for everyday, but the set gives you everything that most people would need for a daily makeup application (unless you use a foundation, concealer or lip brush, I don't use those on a daily basis), and for mini brushes the quality is not bad. Plus this takes up zero space in your luggage, you could even stick it in your purse if you wanted to. I admit Paula's packaging is less than attractive. However I don't generally use makeup brushes out in public where anyone is looking so the phone # and URL doesn't bother me so much. I have my fancy powder compact and brush for those nights out when I want to look elegant while doing my touchups. :)