Redken Redken Fat Cat Body Booster for Fine Hair

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this "detangler" to go along with the shampoo that I had gotten in the Redken FatCat line. It's now discountined but overall it was an okay product.It did not seem any worse or better than others I have tried in the past.

on 11/14/2003 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff really works well. It's sort of a conditioner, although I use it after my volumizing conditioner. Fat Cat makes my hair actually seem "fatter," and it also smoothes it and straightens it a bit, so that it's really soft and silky as well as much less fine. I wouldn't recommend this if you wanted to keep your curls, however, because it makes my slightly wavy hair straight. It is pretty expensive -- $10 in my area of the USA for a small bottle.

on 8/13/2003 2:59:00 PM

This product is quite difficult to rate. The application is quite tricky. It does volumize my hair and protect my hair from heat. So, no damaged hair, that's good! But I found it a little bit sticky on my hair on the next day after using it. I wash my hair every other day. On my second day, my hair, though still volumized, is entangled. My suggestion is to spray it only on the root of your hair and don't comb your hair down because you don't want it to stick on the end of your hair (the label says that you brush your hair after spraying it). When you blow-dry your hair, use your fingers to gently run through your hair. Although doing it this way won't protect your hair from heat, your hair will be volumized and not entangled at the same time.

Popular Hair Products