July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by HannahCA

I bought this powder because
1. It was cheap and under $5
2. I really needed to get a powder
At first I was skeptical because for $3 it can't be that good right? Totally wrong. This product has a very silky texture and glides on without looking cakey or feeling cakey.
-affordable
-sets makeup very well
-great staying power
-does not settle into fine lines
-matches skin tone very well
I totally recommend this!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this powder really LOVE it! I even like the packaging. This is the SMOOTHEST, SILKIEST, CREAMIEST powder I've ever tried! It just feels soooooooooo silky and soft going on and it leaves your skin feeling like velvet. Buff was the only shade available here and it was perfect for me. Coverage was so good I could use it without foundation when I had to do a show every night it was that good. Really good for hot summer nights when you don't want to wear a heavy foundation and keeps you shine free for the few short hours a show lasts, don't know if it would last any longer than that because I always took it off afterwards. Oh I wish I wish I wish my local cosmetics counter hadn't decided to do away with this brand I like it so much! Waaaah! I don't know if I'll be able to find it in another store as it's imported from the US and here people are so fickle about imported brands. Had nooooo problems at all with the packaging, it didn't break bump around or crumble in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that this is oil-free. My skin sometimes gets shiny easily. The color I have, 'Natural', is great for me. It blends great and gives me light coverage. I apply w/ a powder brush, the sponge that comes w/ it is tiny. 0.26oz Great value! I'll update wear later...edit: Natural is way too light, not sure what happened since my 1st review but I need a shade or two darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by xxlinderzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in Golden Dore. The powder is of good quality, my face is really oily but once I started using this, it didn't get oily at all until the end of the day and a quick touch up would get rid of the oil. I hate packaging, it's so filmsy and is just asking to break. Heh. I would buy again because it's cheap and does the job. What can I say? I'm on a budget because of the economy. :P I prefer to use the NYC pressed powder, it's more compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

WOW! I just bought this powder in Buff yesterday, and I am super impressed! Lately my skin has been in horrible condition...dehydrated, sensitive, yet also painfully acne-prone. Needless to say, NONE of my foundations and powders are looking good on my skin...not even my high-end products! On Saturday morning I headed to Rite Aid for a quick pick-me-up...I figured I could probably find some cheap, fun makeup to brighten my day, and I bought this powder in Buff.

PROS: It feels like silk and doesn't look caked on. It actually has quite a bit of coverage! I can wear this over only concealer and my skin looks pretty good, for once. A few hours after applying this, my skin doesn't look TOO oily. Buff is an awesome shade for me because it's got enough yellow in it to not look chalky, but not TOO warm of a yellow. Oh, and I can't believe how inexpensive this powder is!

CONS: The ONLY drawback is the packaging, but I can live with that. I don't like the rectangular shape...would prefer if it were round. The little powder puff that is included is horrible, so I need to stick a round powder puff in there and it obviously doesn't fit LOL. Also wish it had a mirror for quick touchups.

I will definitely repurchase because it beats every brand of powder I've used recently, including MAC and Lancome (I love the look of MAC, but it broke me out).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright, I bought this a while back in a shade too light, so I had negative reviews. Today I bought it in the right shade, and even though I'm not crazy about it, I'm still giving it a good review.

The colors are pretty hard to find the right shade, so if you're unsure, I'd recommend going with a darker shade than you think you need. The packaging is pretty cheap, I could imagine it shattering the first time you drop it. It comes with a worthless sponge that serves no purpose in applying the powder succesfully. The powder is increadibly smooth and blendible. It completely covered every shiny or oily spot on my face all night at work. The coverage is very sheer, but it feels kind of heavy. I'd say it'd be best to use over concealer. Using it over foundation might be too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by ELIZApatricia

I bought this in "Natural", because I wanted just a translucent mattifier that wouldn't alter my foundation color..and it is totally translucent. This keeps oil at bay for a really good amount of time. It doesn't look cakey or turn orange either. The only bad thing is the horrible packaging...just throw that ridiculous sponge away, and put in a reg. round powder puff (u will still be able to close the compact w/no prob.). And despite the over-sized compact, the mirror in it is tiny! So one lippie off for bad packaging. Did I mention the dirt cheap price??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by FedoraJane

I have mixed feelings on this product - the quality is excellent for the price, but the packaging/powder shatters so easily! I've never had one last more than a week.

In the pan, the texture is very plush and silky. I found that the texture was imparted upon my face when I applied the product - no hidden grittiness or cakieness. The kaolin in it seemed to keep me matte and free of sweat-shine. It has a slight scent when you first swirl your brush around in it, but its not a bad smell, nor does it last.

I bought this (repeatedly, more on that below) in the lightest color. Now, I'm usually weary of "colored" setting powders. I usually gravitate towards translucent, because I really don't want my setting component altering the color of my foundation. Also, colored setting powders tend to be cakey/offer coverage that I don't want. But I was pleasantly surprised by this - it was sheer enough and the color was close enough to my skintone that it enhanced the color. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that this might be better than a translucent, as some trans. powders can give foundation a slight "ghostiness."

Anyway.. onto the negatives...

I wouldn't advise applying this with the included puff, as the puff picks up way too much product and distributes it coarsely. No problems there, I have a good powder brush, and let's face it... most of us really don't expect much from the included applicators anyway. My real bellyache here is the packaging. It's a disaster of epic proportions. I don't even know if I can call it a compact, seeing as it's huge, awkwardly-shaped, and not "compact" in the slightest. Basically it's two cheap plastic plates joined by an equally flimsy hinge. The tiny rectangular mirror is a joke. Even a very short drop will shatter the product. Okay, okay.. so I'm clumsy, and not everyone will have the same butterfingers issue that I have.

And if shattering when dropped was its only issue, then I wouldn't even feel the need to complain. But even carrying it around in your purse while running errands will cause the product to clumble. How do I know? It's happened... twice.

I may buy it again, as it is a wonderful product, but I'm getting frustrated with the damn packaging. )= And no, I'm not going to repress it, that's too time consuming and could potentially alter teh texture that I so love.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by cherrywhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very impressed with the finely milled, smooth, silky, with a bit/touch of brightning shine (not in a bad way) and creamy decent/light to medium coverage (buildable) for such a cheap price. I really liked the way it felt and covered, made my skin even toned and with a slight glow, beautiful. I didn't break out and can even use it without foundation for a light coverage. I think this powder is of very good quality, don't be afraid to try just because it is sold at a drugstore and has a cheap price, I think this is a good product. The only thing I didn't like is the sponge and the amount. You will need a good sponge applicator. The color selection is limited but I found the perfect color for me with yellow understones.

Side note: [I tried bare minerals which has a higher degree of glow/shine which looks ashy. I broke into red itching swollen bumps=dermatitis=dermatologist. I will never again go with mineral products, to me they can be the worst]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by o0hottamolly0o

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They had the perfect color for my skin tone, not too orangey like many i have tried. Although it left a small powdery residue but you could only see it from like a foot away so i still liked it. plus for the price, its definately worth a try!