Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Body Lotion

4.3

on 2/7/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Smells lovely, dries fast and really moisturises. The scent is floral without being old lady, and it lasts all day. Actually, they do fabulous moisturisers in general!

I got this as a gift, and I really like the fragrance, but wish it were somehow a little bit softer. You can definitely use this lotion in place of perfume because it's strongly scented. I'd recommend using it sparingly (not as a body moisturizer) or maybe doing as another reviewer suggested and diluting it with some unscented body lotion.

on 8/30/2010 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The scent is pleasant in itself, but. just. so. overpowering...! I feel sorry for those who come a bit too close and catch the whiff of this. Just too much! What I usually do, is mix a drop of this with an unscented lotion, to have a hint of a delicious aroma in a moisturizing base. That way this bottle will last me for years and years.
WIll definitely not re-purchase, this is more like a cream perfume than a body lotion.

on 6/22/2010 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my other favourite scent from C&E, besides Spring Rain. It's floral, but not too strong. I find it very light and makes you smell amazing. The lotion is light, absorbs nicely and leaves behind that lovely Summer Hill scent for a good while. I nice summer/spring lotion.

I also have the body wash, which I'd say is merely ok. The scent is still great, but doesn't stay. It's just a regular body wash and it's got SLS in it. ;(.

On my skin the scent is a floral, cute, very warm, cuddly and HAPPY scent. Absoultely heavenly! It has this warm, floral scent after summer rain. It lingers on my skin for a VERY long time.
Having this on makes me very happy.
It moisturizes well and sink into my skin quickly. I use this as an everyday "perfume/scent" since I prefer the body lotion scent to the perfume (which I own too.)
UPDATE:
The scent somehow changed, and now it smells really acerbic.

on 5/4/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recieved this as an early Mothers Day gift. The scent is pretty and feminine, but a little overpowering. I find that the case with most Crabtree & Evelyn products. Florals can be my favorite fragrance in lighter forms. Its not the kind of scent that dissipates any time soon - very lingering. It does an excellent job of moisturizing, especially elbows, knees and ankles. If you are young & young at heart this is your fragrance.

on 3/25/2009 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I prefer the Evelyn Rose and Rosewater body lotions/fragrances to this one. I would say this would be my third choice in the C&E colections. Nice unoffensive fragrance. Very light fragrance compared to the other two I prefer. The lotion sinks in quickly without any greasy feeling. Skin feels soft and smooth, but the fragrance doesn't last long at all. I'll give it 3 lippies because it's a nice neutral fragranced lotion. Pricey though at Cdn $19.50 before taxes. I wouldn't purchase because I think for neutral fragranced body lotions, Nivea can do the job for far less.

on 2/27/2009 8:35:00 PM

The smell is heavenly and it leaves my skin smooth as silk. I love this body lotion and use it all the time.

Love this body lotion!! Smells absolutely heavenly! It's not overpowering or tacky in least, scent and texture-wise. Its also incredibly smoothing. I always get compliments when I apply this lotion. Will def. repurchase. I have been in love with this summer hill line for a long time now. Excellent stuff!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love the pump top for ease of application. Very light lotion that soaks into skin quickly. Smells divine!

Top Rated Crabtree & Evelyn Products