April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Moisturizers - Almay - Milk Plus Moisture Lotion SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by vtoodler

I bought this product because of its SPF and Almay's clever marketing.

However, from the first day I used it, it irritated my skin and made it burn. I had to discontinue use after two weeks because my skin could no longer take it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by claudecat

I was suckered by the happy, pure-looking packaging to think that this really is a great product for sensitive skin. I should have read the ingredient list more carefully--it was only after I got it home that I discovered it contains a chemical sunscreen I'm allergic to. Not exactly the pure product they're selling. I wasn't able to use it and had to throw it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by happy_blackbird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a gal with sensitive, i have only one word for you: ICK!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i used this for a year. at first, when i was younger and my skin was more tolerant, it seemed to give me a wonderful, unbeatable glow. after about a year of use, i finally realized that this 'moisture lotion' was the blame for my uneven skin tone and aggravated face. this stuff does not sink in well AT ALL, it smells like crap and, overall, i really don't think its healthy for the skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was suckered into this product by its name "milk". It sounded like a nice soothing lotion that would have a nice consistency. I also chose almay because I was needing a moisturizer for my combo/oily skin that wouldnt irritate it, and almay claims to test their products 100 or so different ways and use the finest ingredients. The first thing I notcied was its smell, which is a straight up sun screen scent (reg sun screen not coconut scented sun screen). When I applied it immediately my face begin to turn red and sting. My face does break out easily from sun screens, but they have never burned in the past (never burned with coppertone oil free, cetaphil, and neutrogena) I had to rinse it off after 2 minutes because my skin could not take it. The milky texture does not exist with this product, its a straight up greasy thin feeling facial lotion. Since I got irriated so quickly I was obviously not able to see long how this works after beign worn all day. I would not recommend to any skin especially sensitive. I was quite disapointed with almay because they of all people claim to have such irritation free products

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Emily_Blue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this for a little while, and I must say: Never again! This lotion went on shiny and PINK, no matter how much I tried to blend it. It irritated my eyes, dried my skin out AND somehow managed to turn my face into a pink, shimmering oil slick at the same time. (Developed patches of dryness and patches of zits.) Maybe it just wasn't right for my skin type or skin colour, but honestly, it was a terrible and total waste of the ten or so bucks I paid for it. Straight into the trash can after three attempts to put this lotion to any sort of useful protection, moisturisation, or anything at all. The packaging was a little bit cute, (the plastic "milk bottle") but the plastic label was just ridiculous and peeled off in patches. The scent wasn't very enticing either, at times it smelt like milk that had gone off just slightly, and other times it merely smelt of chemicals with a milky touch...and neither one of these scents appealed to any of my olfactory senses, by any stretch of the imagination.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 5:20:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

love how the packaging looks like a bottle of milk! very cute. the only complaint i have is that it smells like sunscreen. just like it. i wish it were unscented or smelled like just about anything but sunscreen. other than that, its so great! it doesnt break me out, and it doesnt look or feel greasy on. my skin feels smooth and looks great. almay should make this into a body moisturizer. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by mimikiwi

I absolutely love this face lotion. It has has definately softened my lines and has made my face so even toned, i haved recieved compliments on my skin ever since i have been using this. It stinks but i asked my boyfriend if he can smell it once all of my makeup was on and he said that he can't smell it. But it doesn't make my face oily or anything. I love this product, and it works great with the Almay milk plus smoothing skin refinisher. I got the both for 3.99 at grocery outlet, but they are both about 10.00 at target. But the are worth everypenny!!! will definately buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer isn't that bad at all. It had broad spectrum SPF, and doesn't irritate my senstive skin, which happens with most other SPF moisturizers. It says its fragrance free, but the sun block in it dominates the scent. It's even thick and creamlike, just like any other sun block. Even though it didn't instantly sink in, it did a pretty good job moisturizing my dry skin. I would not repurchase this because I can't stand the smell of sunblock.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2003 10:19:00 AM More reviews by berrykin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells like spoiled milk. The smell stays on your skin, please do not waste your money. The sour milk smell is awful!!!