September 23, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lip Gloss - Paula's Choice - Russet

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by tangerine_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Paula's Choice is discontinuing this product, so it is 50% off. The color Russet is a neutral red-brown, with less red than I would have assumed from the online picture and what I think of as russet. That being said, when I apply this color sheerly (as in just a sheen to tint my lips), it appears like an oomphed up YLBB on me. I don't like the way it looks applied more thickly- then it is too dark and brown for me.

I really like the texture. It is smooth, moisturizing, non sticky, and has no taste. But like all glosses, there is a trade off between stickiness and how long the gloss lasts. This gloss fades away in 3 hours on me if I don't really do anything, but gets obliterated when I eat or drink.

I don't think this gloss would have been worth buying at 10$ due to lasting ability, but at the current clearance price of 5$, I highly recommend it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Price: 5 It's Clearance Priced!
Packaging Quality: 1 (the applicator top cracks easily where it screws on)
Overall: 4 The Quality of the Product is a 5, it's marked down for being 'browner' than described/shown prior to ordering.

This is a high-quality, brick colored (equal parts red & brown), lip gloss that looks lovely on, and is not nearly as "sticky" as the other glosses by Paula's Choice. Her shimmering glosses are rich & lovely, but are very sticky, and the stray fly-away hairs WILL end up stuck to your lips like glue (beautiful glue). This wears longer that all other glosses I've used (both high end and drugstore), and gets a 5 for that! However, I need something that L A S T S for 12-hour rounds, and this doesn't do it. I highly recommend this gloss for non-long-wearing situations, and RUBY is a rich, decadent shade of berry/fusha/red; neutral, but lucious! I used the Russet for casual stuff, but, it IS heavy on the brown; Russet IS Neutral (I'm Cool-toned, and it looks good on me). I prefer Ruby, and non-brown-infused colors. I bought 5 tubes of the Ruby, since it is being discontinued; am bummed that I found the one PERFECT Gloss (and I'm NOT a gloss person), and it's being discontinued--same with PC Lip Paint.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I've now learned my lesson, I just can't do red lips! This shade is a very pretty, sheer warm auburn red. But it just doesn't work well on me at all, even though it's sheer it's much too strong against my fair skin. It would probably work nicely on others though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Iím not usually much of a gloss person because I generally find them too sticky. But I like sheer lipsticks, and since these glosses claim to be non-sticky, I ordered samples of all the colors. I still find them to be stickier than lipstick, so I probably wonít purchase. Russet is a brownish red shade that appears too warm for my cool skintone in the packaging, but it's so sheer that on my pigmented lips it is the perfect neutral red for me. If I change my mind about the sticky texture, this is a shade I would definitely purchase. Instead, it has inspired me to search for a sheer lipstick of the same color.

Ingredients: Mineral Oil and Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride and Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Petrolatum, Silica, Ozokerite, Glyceryl Ethyl Hexanoate/Stearate/Adipate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, D&C Red #7 Calcium Lake, FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 2:48:00 PM More reviews by annarama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesn't have the staying power of thicker glosses like Glossimer or Lipglass, but I can live with that. Love this shade -- it's looks great on my cool-toned pale skin, but there's enough brick-color in it to look good on warmer tones as well, I would imagine. I go through phases where I ignore this for a while, and then when I try it on again, i'm surprised by how much I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2004 2:04:00 AM More reviews by marin79

I love this gloss! The tube is very slender, doesn't leak, and doesn't allow a lot of gloss out on each swipe. This is fine for me, because I don't usually wear a lot at a time. The packaging is boring, but not ugly. The gloss itself is a very sheer, warm red that warms my face and makes my lips look soft (not overly shiny) and full and slightly tinted. It doesn't last very well on its own, but with a clear lipliner, you get the look of sheer gloss with plenty of staying time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by marie11675

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the color russet over my lipstick, it looks great. However it does not last long at all, I have to touch up on it often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Fhorn

This is my all-time favorite lip gloss ever. The shade is a perfect YLBB glossy sheer shade. It looks really great on fair warm skin because it is described as a sheer warm auburn. If you coat your lips with clear lipliner underneath it lasts longer. It is my holy grail.

EDIT: this has been reformulated and IMHO ruined