October 26, 2014 | 861 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Professionnel Serie Expert - Vitamino Color Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Cool Brown. I use Shi Kai shampoo for deep brown hair twice a week as I colour my hair regularly but there are always greys peeking out as my hair grows very fast, plus I want to keep my colour fresh. I want to use semi-permanents much more often than permanent colour so I need products like this to help me stretch out the time between dyeing sessions. I've tried John Frieda Brilliant Brunette and just wasn't impressed. I've used this product twice so far and I'm very pleased. It's more of a colour treatment than a conditioner but you leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes then wash out. It's not too heavy for my fine hair as I only use the smallest amount (about a teaspoon) and the colour is a lovely, deep brown. Based on twice-weekly use, one bottle will probably last me around 3 months so a definite re-purchase, but only via Ebay as it's pretty pricey otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this conditioner for Christmas in a set with the shampoo and L'Oreal mythic oil (love those two products too!). I've been using it since and have found awesome improvement in the health of my hair. I have dyed hair that gets kinda thirsty and dry at the ends, and pretty oily at the roots. This conditioner goes straight to my ends and the middle shaft of my hair, never to my roots! The result is lightweight softness, and claims to protect dyed hair from uv damage. I wouldn't know if that's helping preserve my color. But I do know this stuff makes my hair feel very smooth and silky without weighing it down. Grateful to have received this for a gift, but honestly, I'm not that big on splurging, so I probably wouldn't buy this again... Would if I had the means to!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this conditioner. I use it with the L'Oreal Vitamino Shampoo and it does wonders for my hair. I have thick, color treated hair which tends to feel dry. I have had trouble finding a conditioner that softens my hair, yet is safe for color-treated hair. The Vitamino conditioner does just that. It is expensive and the bottle is not big but it does such a great job that I will continue to purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wanted to love it, oh how I did. I've been using the cheap L'Oreal color protect conditioner for years and other than the smell, I spotted no difference. It does moisturize a little but that's it, a little.
So...
+ Smells nice
+ Conditions.. kinda
- Very expensive for what it is
- The cheaper version does the exact same thing
I guess it might be different for different hair but for me, no luck. I'm very sad about that, I've had years of misses with hair products, I did hope this will finally be the HG conditioner I've been searching for. But no dice.

Edit: some washes later I must take off some lippies. It's just awful. It leaves a gunky residue in my hair, no matter how much I rinse. Yuck! Can't wait to receive my next attempt at finding a good conditioner in the mail so I could throw this away.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I did not find this product amazing, yet it did not do anything offensive to my hair. I really like its texture and consistency because it's not heavy/thick so its suitable for my fine hair, but it's not that moisturizing either so I always feel that I need to use more than I should. This sucks because the bottle only has 150ml of product which is the smallest conditioner size I've come across so far (apart from travel size obvs.) I've managed to use this up in about a month or so, and I alternate my conditioners daily too. In terms of maintaining my hair colour, I'm not quite sure tbh because I usually wash my hair everyday so my colour is bound to lose its vibrancy and richness quickly regardless but I think this has helped compared to using other conditioners. I won't be repurchasing because it didn't wow me enough to keep me faithful and I'd rather just keep trying new things for now... however, in the future if I can't find a better colour conditioner, I wouldn't mind purchasing it again in the salon size as that's only around 14 so definitely is your money's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I think this product is great but I don't think I will buy it again. And why? Because I prefer richer textures (it suits my hair best) but for those of you who like conditioners I would recommend this. This conditioner is great, smells really good and leaves your hair looking shiny and very soft to the touch. Unfortunatelly my hair only likes masks or richer conditioners, so I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

I am a big fan of the l'oreal professional series. Vitamino shampoo is like a miracle drug for my hair - the conditioner is good too but the outcome isn't so dramatic and it doesn't do an amazing job in terms of colour protection... at the end of the day it is a good, but expesive glorified conditioner. Don't get me wrong, its GREAT and I would buy it again if it was on sale but this isn't the conditioner I always use and its not one id buy if i wanted a colour preserving one- good thing too because it is exxyyy!! I actually buy this line for the detangling and shinyness it gives me!

It has a great smell and I love the pump packs, no way would I ever buy the smaller bottles - they're ridiculously expensive! It does keep my hair nice and soft, helps with tangles better than other brands but I need to use a lot of it each time and that makes it even more expensive. I give it 4 stars because it's great, but not for the reasons advertised.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by February_Starr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this for my color treated hair and it seems to prevent fading/brassiness. It's more hydrating than the drugstore version, color vive, but I have to use quite a bit of it so I'm not sure how good the value is. It's a bit heavy for my oily hair but it leaves it soft. I prefer Kerastase to this (this line is one step below the Kerastase line, both manufactured by L'oreal) but it's much more affordable so I will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't even stress enough how amazing this product is! I love the Shampoo and the Conditioner. Recently I was at the Grocery Store and saw this(i know you're not supposed to buy these products expect for in professional salons but I did) and on a whim purchased it.
A little backround on my hair-- I have naturally light brown hair that I have been highlighting/dyeing blonde for the past 8 years. Every year at least once or twice I do a dramatic change to blackish.brown. So needless to say my hair gets a beating. A few months ago I had a DISASTER with someone other than my hair stylist doing my hair. It came out orange and was FALLING out. It broke when I even tried to touch it. So I went back to the brown. And am going to be hightlighting my hair again soon. Oh and my hair is naturally CURLY and I straighten it about 2-3 times a week.
Anyways the conditioner smells GREAT and it goes on really nice. Really you can tell the difference the second you apply it. I have found that it works better if I squeeze out all the excess moisture and then put this on, and leave it for about 5 minutes. After the first time I used this I blowdryed my hair and then began to straighten it. I COULDN'T believe how soft and shint my hair was. It literally looked like a commercial haha. This product is EXPENSIVE but it's THE best product I've EVER tried! More people should know about this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this conditoner. It is a lightweight, raspberry/fruity scented condtioner which leaves my coloured treated hair in top-notch condition. It isn't drying and doesn't leave any residue. After using this, my hair is light, clean and very easy to straighten:-D
HG!!