September 20, 2014 | 1603 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Johnson & Johnson - Softlotion 24 Hour Moisture

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by aileentimberlake

This is one of my favorite lotions. It's really light and soft, so no extreme moisture, but makes my skin SO soft. If you want soft, fresh skin this is your lotion. Smells really pretty too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Shnikki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I buy this lotion for 99 cents at Walgreens, and I just love it! I've never actually been able to find the big bottles of it, but anyway...! I used to use Victoria's Secret lotion. I've tried several TONS of different lotions from them. They ALL made my hands and body greasy. I felt sticky and heavy when using Vicky's lotions. So I looked around for something else. I discovered the little bottles of this at a Rite-Aid when I needed some travel-sized lotion. I have loved this lotion ever since! It has a feminine, dainty scent and never makes my hands greasy. Personally, this lotion lasts on me for a while (unless I wash it off, of course). Also, the bottle never leaks or pops open. With other bottles of lotion, they'd open in my purse and get goo on everything! So gross! Anyway, this lotion is a MUST HAVE. It is definitely my HG lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy crap, this product really DOES provide 24 hour moisture! I am always skeptical when a product claims something like this, but within a day of my first use, my skin's dry patches cleared themselves up. I recently moved to an area with really cold weather and my skin was definitely not ready for it. Luckily, this lotion worked instantly and healed up the problems I had in a flash. What's even better, it was on sale for about $5!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this lotion. I use it only on my face. Just a small bit as my everyday. I love the smell and it is the only thing that helped with the dry patches on my face.

UPDATE.......was running low and went on the hunt. Couldn't find it anywhere. Went onto the website and was very disappointed to find that J&J is discontinuing their body care line! Ugh! What will we do? Well, I finally found some online. Ordered 9 bottles. Should last me quite awhile. Wish they would bring this back. My favorite for face!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

- Love the fresh scent
- Absorbs quickly
- Not sticky
- Even though it hydrates the skin, it does not lasts long. At the end of the day, my skin begins to show signs of dryness. Definitely not 24 hour worthy.
- Great for summer use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

More specifically, I'm reviewing the lotion that says Johnson's Body Care 24 Hour Body Lotion. I really like this for using in the mornings because it absorbs very quickly and it makes me feel moisturized all day. It is not a thick lotion at all. As I apply it to my legs, it almost gives the impression of turning into a powdery consistency. It has a pleasant, non descript smell, so it does not interfere with my perfume. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I have used this religiously since it came out. I love its unique absorbancy. It moisturizes while not being slick. Great stuff. The smell takes a while to get used to, but I like it well enough to use the body wash in the winter, too. It's $6 but I think it is worth it. I have a little version of this for my paws in my purse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I'm not sure why people think this lotion is too thick, because it felt too THIN to me. It's best used as a summer-time lotion or for after you swim or something. It absorbs fast, feels wonderful and smells lovely, but the hydration really doesn't last very long and I usually have to reapply it 2-3 times a day. Definitely not 24 hours, but overall, not a bad lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the smell, but it's too thick and sticky for me in this humid climate. I moved my large pump bottle to the office where it's airconditioned, and it's much better there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

With this product, I am reminded of the inadequacies of numerical ratings. The reason I'm making this a three is that in terms of being a super moisturizing lotion, it's not moisturizing enough, especially for colder weather. It leaves the surface of my skin smooth, but doesn't have that super penetrating feeling a person wants for very dry spots. But, on the other hand, for the summer time when we might want to go lighter with body lotions, this could be a great option. I find that if I rub on some sweet almond oil in the bath and then apply Softlotion after the bath, I'm adequately moisturized, especially as the weather gets warmer and my body lotion needs are less pressing.
Alright, all the negatives covered, on to the more positve points. Even with its shortcomings, yes, I'll definitely buy this again. It being lightweight, it absorbs quickly--nice for after a bath in the summer time.
My husband really digs this stuff for himself--like a lot of men, he finds many lotions too heavy feeling. (He doesn't mind the pretty scent on himself because he applies it before bed time, so the scent has faded away before he goes to work.) With the surface of my skin feeling smooth after using this, think this is a great easy-does-it lotion option for recently shaved legs. And finally, the scent is indeed lovely--I find myself sniffing my arms throughout the day because they smell so nice--my husband quite likes the scent on me as well. One of those scents where you feel pretty wearing it, but it's not over the top or overpowering or would feel inappropriate wearing it in a professional setting. Totally agree with the reviewer who wishes they'd make it into perfume. (The scent made me want to rate this product as a four, but my nitpicking side forced me to rate it as a three to acknowledge it lacking oomph in the moisture department. If this product was listed as a fragrance, I'd indeed rate this as a four.) Lastly, a super cheap option, so you won't be racked with guilt of a huge expense if it doesn't work for you.