Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Healing

Price: $

on 1/1/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I normally love Vaseline lotions, but this one fell a little short of its claims for me. I have very dry skin, but this lotion does not do anything for me in the colder winter months. My skin is still dry, even after slathering this lotion all over my body. It does work better in the summer months, but it does not stand up to the winter months.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This review is for the new Intensive Care Essential Healing lotion "clinically proven to keep dry skin healed for 3 weeks". This does moisturize well and keeps my legs and arms from looking scaley and dry, however it remains sticky for hours. I can't apply to my body and then immediately dress because my clothes stick to the areas where applied. Therefore I only use it a night.
Still on the hunt for something for daytime that isn't tacky or sticky.

on 12/2/2011 11:28:00 PM

EDIT 12/12/12 - WALMART VERSION changed their ingredient deck to very basic. So I will check the original products deck or check the drugstore dupes before buying again.

In fact, I'll have to look at the ingredient deck on Vaselines version too to see if it changed.

Original Review - I use this or either the Walmart or the CVS version of this product with the same ingredients. This is not a lotion to leave you silky or glowing. It's more like a treatment lotion. I use oil on my skin for more of a glowing skin look. It's a very good lotion with a good ingredient deck.

EDIT: I've been adding EVOO directly into this lotion and mix in palm of hands then apply. It really gives it a nice boost and glow to skin, especially for winter. Although, you can do that with any lotion.

on 11/8/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually use the walmart brand, but they have the same ingredients. So anywho, i've searched for a long time for a really great lotion for my body. And this is it! Its so moisturizing, but it leaves a weird feeling for a minute or two. But its totally worth it. I even use this on my extremely dry skin on my face at night sometimes! No breakouts just silky smooth skin in the morning. LOVE THIS<3

on 4/25/2011 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hmm I did not love this. Ir just doesn't leave my skin with a nice silky feeling. And thats what I want from a lotion.

on 11/26/2008 11:29:00 PM

By far my favorite moisturizer. My mom recommended it when I was a teenager so of course I had to try every high-end product out there to prove her wrong. I am done searching and will probably never try another brand. In the end, mother knew best.
It is the ONLY product that I have found that it not sticky, very light, but moisturizes very well even in the dead of winter. Now if only I remembered to apply everyday...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My dad is a fisherman and is always out in the sun, that on top of his Diabetes, his skin is ashy/dry/flaky (and don't get me started on his feet!), and one day he came home from a trip and I gave him a hug and he was really soft. He said his brother (my uncle) had this on the boat and that they used it every night. I started using it and now my skin is much softer and more hydrated. Its a very nice and effective lotion! Its also great for after a shave (I swear it helps the smoothness stay longer)

on 4/28/2008 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like it for the non-existent scent (though it has a slight odor upon application, but goes away quickly), and the fact it is really cheap.

If I use this in the summer when my skin is not so dry, it works pretty good, absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or greasy. As for moisturizing in the winter...I don't find it to be enough and need something much heavier like Eucerin.

on 11/12/2007 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I personally like this product for my skin type. i would not recommend this for people with dry skin. its light, non-greasy, and has a nice clean smell to it (almost nothing).

on 9/15/2007 12:54:00 PM

The fragrance-free lotion has worked well for me as a nighttime facial moisturizer: it doesn't have much of a scent as its name implies, is not greasy, and sinks right into the skin. I like this product's gentleness: some facial moisturizers make my skin tingle/give me a burning sensation, but I've had no problems with Vaseline, even though it is marketed as a body lotion. Since I mostly bank on the proven track record of sunscreen usage and good nutrition for healthy, youthful skin, all I'm looking for my face at night is comfortable moisture and softening, and Vaseline delivers with no gimmicks.

Top Rated Vaseline Products