December 21, 2014 | 1902 users online

Concealers - Clarins - Instant Light Perfecting Touch

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in 01 pink beige, and it matches my NW15 skin pretty well, though I thought at first that it might be too dark and too peach.

However, when blended with fingers or a concealer brush, it's virtually undetectable, though it *does cover well. I use Instant Light mostly for my slight undereye darkness, and it works great for that purpose; it softly lightens any darkness, without looking crepe- y or giving that dreaded "reverse raccoon" look.

Instant Light is very creamy and densely pigmented, so I suggest beginning with way less than you think you'll need and adding more, if necessary. Instant Light holds up well on my extremely oily face, though I tend to use it most on areas of my face that are not the oiliest.

Instant Light isn't perfect; it's on the expensive side, and the click-pen applicator can be tricky to control. This is one of the best concealers I've come across, though, and unless I discover something better, I'll stay with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Kimboxx

Love this product, i have it in shade 2 and it's perfect. It covers dark circles very well and it has a beautiful, yet subtile sparkle in it. It gives you a very fresh look! I'll repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBikki

I bought the gold pen version Instant Light Brush on Perfector. Amazing! I was using another concealer that was making me look like I had defined fine lines starting to appear but after using this (after reading great reviews) I can honestly say it makes you look like you don't have lines appearing (assuming you don't really as it doesn't perform miracles). The coverage is very good in terms of hiding darkish bags under your eyes but if you are mainly wanting to cover very dark circles maybe try something else. This is fantastic if you have a bit of darkness under eyes and want to wear a concealer that doesn't make the finelines appear. The illuminating effect makes you look really good! Brilliant product. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I purchased the gold-pen version of this product (Instant Light Brush-on Perfector) in shade 01 for my NC20, neutral to warm complexion.

I have to admit that I've recently fallen in love with Clarins. I've purchased their famous Beauty Flash Balm, several lipsticks, and now this concealer. All products have really impressed me in terms of quality and shade selection. I often find it difficult to choose flattering shades for my neutral complexion because most brands seem to focus on warm and cool shades with very limited selection in between.

This concealer is a neutral shade with a hint of pink in it, so it neutralises the darkness under my eyes well without making me look ashy. It is creamy without being thick and oily. It lasts all day and creasing is minimal. It hasn't irritated my sensitive skin which is another plus. I also use this is a highlighter on my upper cheeks, nose, etc.

I've tried many concealers (by Revlon, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bourjois, etc.) and most have been too dry, cakey, or the shades haven't been quite right for me.

However, this Clarins concealer is fantastic and I will probably repurchase it unless I find something better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by portakalis

I have pretty fair skin and the eye area is dry and purple rings have been in my life since my childhood and I am really annoyed by the wrinkles under my eyes. I was using estee lauder double wear for 2 years and it started to dry lately and made my wrinkles more obvious. So I gave a try to clarins, so far so good.. Really happy with the results! It doesnt dry and the pigmentation is really good. I really suggest everyone to give a try :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by madaba

Just a note to say that I finally threw this (empty) into the garbage this morning, after purchasing in December 2009! I used it several times a week, under my eyes, on red spots, on everything that needed fixing. Three years! And it was still in great condition, down to the very last drop. How's that for value?!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Beautyful!!! Even if I have a little too dark color maybe, the 001, this leaves a really, really thin and "shiny"/glowy layer under the eyes...

I was looking for something that covers my bluish/red undereye circles, BUT still don't settle into lines and make that area look dry, or flaky, like my Everyday minerals foundation sometimes can look like under the eyes.... This Clarins pen really looks like the skin itself!

Compared to the other highlighting pens on the market (for example Dior, YSL, Clinique) this one is a little more glowy/radiant, which I really like. Cause my eye area is usually dry even if the rest of my face is acne-prone and oily underneath....

But don't forget that this is not a concealer. So this does not hide much enough of the undereye circles, and is not completely enough for highlighting the upper lip area by itself; I tried this today, and after 3 heures this was "gone" from my upper lip.... Still this is a good BASE before you put something more pigmented there (if you need too).

In other words this is not too pigmented, but that makes it feel very light, easy to apply and not heave for the undereye area (many correctors/"concealers" are unfortunately heavy) - I guess that's why it doesn't hide everything either...

Anyway, I like that it has this glow!!! But the price is really, really high, so I have to decide if I'm going to buy the full size....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by angusmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This Instant Light Brush On perfector is a product from a series of 4 the complexion perfector being a product I have already reviewed, the best. This product comes in a pen package so it is sanitary and isnt exposed, two things I always look for. It was mentioned in a magazine as being good at making you look younger and this is true. You use it as a perfector/concealer and brush it along fine lines and dark areas. It reflects light creating the illusion of young unlined skin and adding brightness, a key factor in youthful look. I have been using the complexion perfector and decided to splurge at 36 Can for this product and I dont regret it. I have started to buy products that I really like rather than trying cheaper counterparts and not being pleased. It isnt really a savings if the product isnt meeting expectations. If a product is $$$ I always ask about their policy prior to purchase. Usually they offer a refund if not pleased. I have only had to do this twice over a long period wheras cheaper products often sit unused and cannot be returned. I got this in shade 001 which is a rosy beige that blends well with light complexion. It is available in 3 shades as are I think all 4 of the products in this line. I will likely purchase the primer eventually but will stick with eye primer by Lise Watier as I am satisfied and it is 10 cheaper approx. This is great for people 35+ who have taken care of their skin and need a little help with brightening and fine lines. Worth the money and I have tried 4 or 5 other products that claim to do the same thing. Stick with well known brands who are willing to guarantee their productsa, there really is no risk!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lylalies

I usually never buy eye concealers because I don't see the point of using them, I don't have dark circles (or at least very visible ones) and I don't have bags under my eyes (it may be God compensating me for having acne pron skin) but for some reason I decidied to try this one. I love it. I use it when I'm in finals and it does the trick, I look awake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! I have been looking for a good undereye concealer for a very long time. Have had very bad dark circles since about high school. I was less than impressed with the famous Touche Eclat by YSL, not only was I unable to find the right colour for my skintone (which is slightly yellowish) but it also just wouldn't stick. I would try and dab it in carefully, but it just disappeared. Very frustrating.

Anyway this one has a little bit of a thicker consistency so it is easier to apply properly, at least for me. I am using shade 00 which seemed WAY too light for my olive complexion but it really blends perfectly and lights up my eyes, it makes me look healthier and more awake.

Very happy to have found this, will most likely repurchase.

PS the second photo at the top of this review is me: left eye done, right one not done (viewer's perspective).