Clarins Instant Light Perfecting Touch [DISCONTINUED]

Clarins Instant Light Perfecting Touch [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Silica, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Ricinoleate, Sorbitan Oleate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid ,Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Mannitol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tilia Cordata Wood Extract, Yeast Extract (FAEX), Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben. May Contain: /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

This is a great product.

Some background - at the moment I am pregnant and looking after a 1 year old. As you can imagine this has left me extremely tired. I very rarely wear concealer or foundation but my under eye bags looked terrible.

On the advice of the sales assistant I bought this. It is very easy to apply. I put it straight on my skin (no foundation or powder) and blend it with my finger. It is great. It looks completely natural. Ot os pricy but lasts a long time. I recommend it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in 01 pink beige, and it matches my NW15 skin pretty well, though I thought at first that it might be too dark and too peach.

However, when blended with fingers or a concealer brush, it's virtually undetectable, though it *does cover well. I use Instant Light mostly for my slight undereye darkness, and it works great for that purpose; it softly lightens any darkness, without looking crepe- y or giving that dreaded "reverse raccoon" look.

Instant Light is very creamy and densely pigmented, so I suggest beginning with way less than you think you'll need and adding more, if necessary. Instant Light holds up well on my extremely oily face, though I tend to use it most on areas of my face that are not the oiliest.

Instant Light isn't perfect; it's on the expensive side, and the click-pen applicator can be tricky to control. This is one of the best concealers I've come across, though, and unless I discover something better, I'll stay with it.
Update: Unfortunately, in early 2015, I found out that Clarins is not cruelty-free, so I won't be re-buying this, nor will I buy any other Clarins products, in spite of their high quality. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product, i have it in shade 2 and it's perfect. It covers dark circles very well and it has a beautiful, yet subtile sparkle in it. It gives you a very fresh look! I'll repurchase!

I have pretty fair skin and the eye area is dry and purple rings have been in my life since my childhood and I am really annoyed by the wrinkles under my eyes. I was using estee lauder double wear for 2 years and it started to dry lately and made my wrinkles more obvious. So I gave a try to clarins, so far so good.. Really happy with the results! It doesnt dry and the pigmentation is really good. I really suggest everyone to give a try :-)

Just a note to say that I finally threw this (empty) into the garbage this morning, after purchasing in December 2009! I used it several times a week, under my eyes, on red spots, on everything that needed fixing. Three years! And it was still in great condition, down to the very last drop. How's that for value?!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beautyful!!! Even if I have a little too dark color maybe, the 001, this leaves a really, really thin and "shiny"/glowy layer under the eyes...

I was looking for something that covers my bluish/red undereye circles, BUT still don't settle into lines and make that area look dry, or flaky, like my Everyday minerals foundation sometimes can look like under the eyes.... This Clarins pen really looks like the skin itself!

Compared to the other highlighting pens on the market (for example Dior, YSL, Clinique) this one is a little more glowy/radiant, which I really like. Cause my eye area is usually dry even if the rest of my face is acne-prone and oily underneath....

But don't forget that this is not a concealer. So this does not hide much enough of the undereye circles, and is not completely enough for highlighting the upper lip area by itself; I tried this today, and after 3 heures this was "gone" from my upper lip.... Still this is a good BASE before you put something more pigmented there (if you need too).

In other words this is not too pigmented, but that makes it feel very light, easy to apply and not heave for the undereye area (many correctors/"concealers" are unfortunately heavy) - I guess that's why it doesn't hide everything either...

Anyway, I like that it has this glow!!! But the price is really, really high, so I have to decide if I'm going to buy the full size....

I usually never buy eye concealers because I don't see the point of using them, I don't have dark circles (or at least very visible ones) and I don't have bags under my eyes (it may be God compensating me for having acne pron skin) but for some reason I decidied to try this one. I love it. I use it when I'm in finals and it does the trick, I look awake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally! I have been looking for a good undereye concealer for a very long time. Have had very bad dark circles since about high school. I was less than impressed with the famous Touche Eclat by YSL, not only was I unable to find the right colour for my skintone (which is slightly yellowish) but it also just wouldn't stick. I would try and dab it in carefully, but it just disappeared. Very frustrating.

Anyway this one has a little bit of a thicker consistency so it is easier to apply properly, at least for me. I am using shade 00 which seemed WAY too light for my olive complexion but it really blends perfectly and lights up my eyes, it makes me look healthier and more awake.

Very happy to have found this, will most likely repurchase.

PS the second photo at the top of this review is me: left eye done, right one not done (viewer's perspective).

I like this because of the very light texture and natural finish is gives under the eyes. 00 is a perfect colour match for me, I've used the equivalent by YSL and Dior and this one is the best for me.

While I love Clarins skincare, I'm not always as keen on their makeup, so probably wouldn't have considered this if I hadn't had it tried on me at the counter, but am really glad I did! I've been using Clinique Airbrush, which I thought was fine but this is just that little bit better, definitely much less product used to cover any dark circles or uneven skintone and a really natural finish which makes my face look somehow more awake! It's not great for full on blemishes, but that isn't really what it's supposed to be so no issue with sticking to my trusty Rimmel for that! Really like the applicator too. The only issue is that it does settle into fine lines around the eye a bit once you think it is all blended, so you do need to make sure you do a final check in the mirror before leaving the house!