MAC Fade Eyeshadow

3.8

on 1/2/2010 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

You can find a dupe of this color in almost every brand. I like it, but ironically enough, the color "fade" has poor lasting power. It fades! The only thing I like about it is that it's perfect for looks that need a subtle blue hue to them. I also like how it has hints of grey in it. Definitely a versatile color, but again, you can find a shade like this in any other make up brand that's less expensive.

on 12/7/2009 2:19:00 AM

I love the color of this, but it doesnt last at all. After just a few hours it wears off and looks like i have shadow on only half my lids! So sad bc the color itself is one of my favs!

on 11/19/2009 9:31:00 AM

This is great at lightning up my grey/blue eyes. I won this but I would buy it for myself. It is a light grey toned blue and looks good with a smokey eye.

on 9/1/2009 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Stunning light blue/grey colour. I bought my second pot about 3 years ago and unfortunately, it is discontinued so I use mine sparingly...LOL !! I pair this with Strike A Pose in the crease or Knight Divine and oh my....it looks soooo good !!!
UPDATE: I now use MAC's paint pot in Soft Ochre as a base and boy does the colour pop!! It neutralizes my lid and the true colour of Fade shines thru!

on 7/7/2009 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fade is a soft, grayed-blue, satin eyeshadow that is very subtle on the lids, and that's why I like it! It's one of those colors that you look at in different lighting and wonder what color it really is... is it gray? ...is it light blue? ...is it off-white? If I look in my 10X mirror under strong lighting, it looks like gray-blue with soft, light-blue sparkles. Fade looks spectacular with a plum, charcoal, or taupe brown shadow in the crease, depending on what kind of look you are going for. I'm sure you can mix this with a lot of different colors, because Fade is so light it is basically a neutral. I must say that I respectfully disagree with the review before mine that says that Fade is a light-medium (NOT medium at all) blue that is "too bright" and would look good for a 1960's look. This is not even bright in the pot, so I don't understand how it could be bright on even the fairest of lids... and I don't see any hint of purple in it, either. Most reviewers did state this was a light, pastel, color; so I don't think anyone should necessarily be misled by one, inaccurate review. Maybe she reviewed the wrong color?

on 11/17/2008 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fade is a light to medium toned satiny blue with some purple undertones. I need a lighter blue to flatter my brown eyes - this seems too bright. Great for a 1960s look though.

on 1/29/2007 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this for prom and that was pretty much the only use I ever got out of it. I just couldn't get it to be what I wanted it to be. It was entirely to sheer and had to be packed on for the color to show - though it was pretty once the color showed up. I just didn't want to have to work that hard for an eyeshadow.

on 5/2/2006 5:59:00 PM

Fade is a greyed-baby blue. It's a satin formula but it goes on flat and matte looking. The eyeshadow is pigmented, and applied straight to my eyes it looks a bit chalky. I like to use MAC Stilife and Beige-ing shadestick as a base - the add dimension to Fade. The result is a light blue with subtle shimmer, not bright blue. It looks more like a champagne grey tinged with baby blue if that makes sense. The effect is quite lovely and easier to work with this way on my Stila 30 watts, Chanel Teint Fluide Beige, Armani LSF 5.5 skintone. Here are 2 of my favorite ways to wear Fade and I've gotten a lot of compliments from strangers on both looks:

For daytime apply Fade on top of Stilife and Beige-ing. A little of Stila Shadow Pot in Mist on inner corners. Beige-ing on browbone. A peachy shade like MAC Arena or Soft Brown lightly in the crease. Line upper and lower lashline with MAC Teddy.

For more dramatic smokey eyes apply Fade on top of Stilife and Beige-ing. Applie Stila Shadow Pot in Mist on inner corners and lightly on browboned. Apply a dark navy blue like MAC Stroke of Midnight, Stila Pewter, or Shu 960 in outer corners and blend into crease. Then tightline with a dark navy blue like MAC Prussian or Chanel Bleu Ming. Take your Stroke of Midnight, Pewter, or 960 and line upper and lower lashline. A white pencil on inner rims of lower lashline is a must for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had bought contrast and wanted to use that color more, so the MA suggested fade to go with it. I get these weird color combination suggestions from her, that usually look awful, although they might look good on others. This eyeshadow reminds me alot of the 70's. I can imagine a flower girl type wearing this all the way up to her browbone. A very chalky type pastel baby blue.

on 3/4/2005 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a nice gray-blue color. Looks great paired w/ parrot or sky blue e/s, over blueboy paint.