April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lip Gloss - Too Faced - Juicy Jewels - Garnet Glam

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2005 5:08:00 AM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have some good and some bad to say about this product but first, some description: The Juicy Jewels line of glosses are double ended, with two colors you're supposed to be able to layer. This one, Garnet Glam, has a smooth, clear, sparkle-less bubblegum pink end that has a brush applicator, and a pinkish-red end with lovely gold sparkles and a wand applicator. Ok, now, the good: The sparkly end is a really _really_ pretty color. Fragrance is nice, lightly fruity and non-offensive. Gloss is not overly sticky (about a 3, on a 1-10 stickiness scale). Good shine and a nice look. Now, for the bad: The other end is a very bland shiny sheer pink that somehow still managed to look streaky on my mediumly pigmented lips. There's really no good way to layer these two colors, as they just sort of mix together and and don't really do much except get eachother's wands dirty. Not so much a "lipgloss duo" as buying two lipglosses that happen to be stuck together. Only one of these colors is likeable (for me), and at $21.50 USD, for the small amount of that lovely color that you get in a two-pack like this, I'll find another one I like as well elsewhere. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While the packaging is cute and the glosses smell good, I don't feel that these colors (described well by previous reviews) are unique--you could find them elsewhere. I got mine off ebay, and am glad I didn't pay full price for this item.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2005 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ljpjcg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells wonderful, and has a typical gloss texture (hair sticks to it.) Garnet Glam is a very pretty color. The "sparkling plum" side is not as glittery as it looks in the tube and the pink side is not as fuschia looking as it seems. However, despite another review, it does NOT FLATTER ALL SKIN TONES!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2005 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this gloss, its great for the summer and i love the smell. However, I have to say, Too Faced has the cheapest packaging. I have two lipglosses that have pretty much broken on me. The top of one fell off (the top of the wand) and then the center of the juicy jewels packaging pretty much broke and cracked. i also have a too faced blush in which the cover (not the top half that flips open) but the plastic part came loose. I have never had makeup packaging break on me, but for the price you pay for too faced,its ridiculous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 7:28:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This gloss is beautiful. I'm with everyone on this gloss. One side is a sparkly rose with gold, the other side is a dark pink. Mix them together and you have the ultimate gloss colour. I have to try more Too Faced products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 1:27:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

My HG lipcolor. I use it almost everyday and it smells wonderful, like fruit punch. I hate how the gloss tends to ooze out after using for awhile...each time you dip the wand in more gunk gets stuck around the edge...but I will always keep buying this! Fabulous!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the mini jewels set and this one was my absolute fav so I am purchasing the full size. The colors are very nice& the quality is better than my old fav- stila.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2004 4:24:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

This is quite possibly among my all-time favorite make-up products, and definitely my fav of the moment. I was originally going to purchase Ruby Rocks, but it looked a bit too scarlet for my tastes, so I went with the less intense Garnet Glam. Boy, am I happy I did! One end is a light golden red color that isn't nearly as crazy as it looks in the tube. It's actually semi-transparent if applied with a light hand. The gloss on the other side goes over it, although some people would like to use either-or, I prefer both at the same time. The other shade is a deep rosey pink, but comes off really sheer and shiny, and smells JUST LIKE Hawaiian Punch!!! What could be better? Together, they blend to form a medium-intensity, golden red/rose color with tons of shine and, to top it off, it lasts an impressive length of time. DEFINITELY a must-have for any Too-Faced fans. This is my second Juicy Jewel gloss (after the gorgeous Love Lisa *see my review for it for more details*) and I'm seriously considering collecting all the Juicy Jewels, since they get such rave reviews. Thanks here to everyone who reviewed Garnet Glam, you really sent me in the right direction!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Garnet Glam is a dual ended lip gloss that has a sponge doe foot applicator on one end and a brush on the other. The liquid lip stick end is a gorgeous golden bronzed red/rose colour and the lip gloss side is a bright tropical pink. Both colours, despite their intensity in the tube, are very wearable and look great on their own or together. I love the smell! It is just like Hawaiian Punch. Both shades last a decent amount of time (4 hours or so.) I picked this up on clearance for five bucks at Gadzooks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ontheborder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I shied away from buying any of these juicy jewels because so many of the colors just look scary in the tubes. But my curiosity gave way, and I got this one. Turns out the scary colors are actually sheer and look good on. And the smell is pretty good. However, these two colors don't really mix very well, they're better worn each on their own.