MAC Frost - Nylon

4.5

on 3/2/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you want an intense highlight, this is the eyeshadow for you! Intense frosty shimmer in a creamy base. It looks yellow in the pot, but on the eye, it's just a warm white. I really liked it as an inner corner highlight because it shows up really well just lightly touching the brush to the inner corner. It was too intense for my brow bone highlight. It was much too frosty for my liking to use as a lid color. Overall, I wanted a more versatile highlight color that I could also use as a lid color, so I opted for Shroom and love it. If I just wanted an inner corner color, I'd choose this one, but eyeshadows are too pricey for me to have one that I only use for the inner corner :)

on 2/8/2015 10:26:00 PM

definitely the best highlighting color out there! this "eyeshadow" which I use as a highlighter works way too much better than the real highlighters! I dont like when there are sparkles in the highlighters, I just want a glowy look with no sparkles and this color is the best for that purpose! def the best for inner corners and cheekbones ;)

on 1/28/2015 4:10:00 PM

I'm a huge fan of neutrals. I read a top 10 neutrals for MAC online and decided since everyone loved this I had to have it. I was disappointed. I wear MAC and Urban Decay eye shadows, I swear by MAC wood winked, I wear it everyday. I have to say I like Urbans "sellout" as a under eyebrow highlighter way more than this. Overall nylon isn't all that it's hyped up to be in my opinion.

on 1/7/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Glow baby glow! This has got to be one of the best highlighting shades of all time. I absolutely love anything gold but at first I thought this was going to be too stark on me since it's such a pale gold and I have an olive complexion but boy am I happy I bought this, it is utter PERFECTION! It is now the only inner corner shade I wear, and when applied lightly it works great on the brow bone and also as a cheekbone highlight! Being a frost finish it is very intense so colour pay off is exceptional. I highly recommend this eye shadow to everyone and I will definitely be repurchasing if I ever run out.

on 1/6/2015 12:34:00 PM

I went to MAC looking for the best simple wash for my brown eyes to work with my MAC Full of Joy blush and Lorac Goddess lipstick combo. Nothing I was picking was looking right (pinks, grays, purples, taupey neutrals, whites, grays). The MAC artist insisted I try on Nylon even though I thought it was too yellow. It totally worked! The frost finish worked great with the winter motif I was going for. The yellowish tinge was not too yellow and balanced out the sugary sweet look of the cheeks and lips. Nylon also brought out gold flecks in my brown eyes. Sheer love for my Nw20, deep winter complexion (almost black hair). For those of you better at color theory, this may not be news, but I appreciated the help. Nylon is a beautiful pale gold with an icy shimmer (MAC description but accurate). Lovely shade.

on 8/17/2014 5:24:00 PM

Oh man the most beautiful and intense highlight I've ever come across haha. I use it every single day religiously in my inner corner, and sometimes on the brow bone if I want a more intense highlight there. Slightly yellow in tone but it doesn't look too yellow on the skin. A little product goes a long way! This was my first mac eyeshadow and I was hooked on mac after that. I can't go a day without Nylon!

on 6/22/2014 11:55:00 PM

The only cosmetic I have purchased again and again! Perfect for brow bone and hi-lighting the inner corners of your eyes. I've searched and never found a substitute. It's a MUST HAVE!

on 6/16/2014 12:14:00 PM

It's frosty and mature skin needs to use a light hand but I've actually used this not only in my inner corners but ran it across the base of my lashes with Jessie Girl eyeliner transformer and also used it as a lid color when i'm using more muted or low key colors so my eyes don't totally disappear. I really like the results. I have acquired Shroom which is matte and much more subdued. Vapor white with a lavender frost and Rice paper a truly yellow based beige frost and this will work in nicely depending on how I want my look to be. Really not a bad day color but definitely is bright enough to punch up a night look. I think it depends on your skin tone and your comfort level wearing frosty shades. For me this was a perect addition.

on 5/17/2014 12:42:00 PM

I have small and very deep set eyes. Nylon on the eyelid and in the inner corner (and Omega in the crease) is a great way to make my eyes come forward and appear bigger and brighter. I prefer Nylon to Phloof and Shroom because the brightening effect is there from the very first swipe. Try this if you're looking for something that makes your (small) eyes pop. Nylon is not as yellow as it appears at first sight - to me it's more of a pale shimmery beige once it's on.

on 12/1/2013 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I used to be afraid of this color. It looks so gold in the pan, but I got it in a swap and it's the most amazing highlight. I'm very fair so I need really light highlights. I have Phloof! (which is more white/pink/cool) but sometimes I feel like it's not potent enough. This is by far my brightest shimmery highlight shade. It doesn't look as gold on, only slightly so. I still wouldn't wear this with pink eyeshadow or anything but neutral to warm colors it would work well with. You don't need much and it truly pops. If I'm doing a gold eye look, I put some of this in the middle of the lid and it's so pretty. This is MAC eyeshadow at it's best, unique color and amazing texture/pigmentation.