January 28, 2015 | 1110 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Nylon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 12:23:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Glow baby glow! This has got to be one of the best highlighting shades of all time. I absolutely love anything gold but at first I thought this was going to be too stark on me since it's such a pale gold and I have an olive complexion but boy am I happy I bought this, it is utter PERFECTION! It is now the only inner corner shade I wear, and when applied lightly it works great on the brow bone and also as a cheekbone highlight! Being a frost finish it is very intense so colour pay off is exceptional. I highly recommend this eye shadow to everyone and I will definitely be repurchasing if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 12:34:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I went to MAC looking for the best simple wash for my brown eyes to work with my MAC Full of Joy blush and Lorac Goddess lipstick combo. Nothing I was picking was looking right (pinks, grays, purples, taupey neutrals, whites, grays). The MAC artist insisted I try on Nylon even though I thought it was too yellow. It totally worked! The frost finish worked great with the winter motif I was going for. The yellowish tinge was not too yellow and balanced out the sugary sweet look of the cheeks and lips. Nylon also brought out gold flecks in my brown eyes. Sheer love for my Nw20, deep winter complexion (almost black hair). For those of you better at color theory, this may not be news, but I appreciated the help. Nylon is a beautiful pale gold with an icy shimmer (MAC description but accurate). Lovely shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by knbruice

Oh man the most beautiful and intense highlight I've ever come across haha. I use it every single day religiously in my inner corner, and sometimes on the brow bone if I want a more intense highlight there. Slightly yellow in tone but it doesn't look too yellow on the skin. A little product goes a long way! This was my first mac eyeshadow and I was hooked on mac after that. I can't go a day without Nylon!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only cosmetic I have purchased again and again! Perfect for brow bone and hi-lighting the inner corners of your eyes. I've searched and never found a substitute. It's a MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

It's frosty and mature skin needs to use a light hand but I've actually used this not only in my inner corners but ran it across the base of my lashes with Jessie Girl eyeliner transformer and also used it as a lid color when i'm using more muted or low key colors so my eyes don't totally disappear. I really like the results. I have acquired Shroom which is matte and much more subdued. Vapor white with a lavender frost and Rice paper a truly yellow based beige frost and this will work in nicely depending on how I want my look to be. Really not a bad day color but definitely is bright enough to punch up a night look. I think it depends on your skin tone and your comfort level wearing frosty shades. For me this was a perect addition.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by 18011966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have small and very deep set eyes. Nylon on the eyelid and in the inner corner (and Omega in the crease) is a great way to make my eyes come forward and appear bigger and brighter. I prefer Nylon to Phloof and Shroom because the brightening effect is there from the very first swipe. Try this if you're looking for something that makes your (small) eyes pop. Nylon is not as yellow as it appears at first sight - to me it's more of a pale shimmery beige once it's on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be afraid of this color. It looks so gold in the pan, but I got it in a swap and it's the most amazing highlight. I'm very fair so I need really light highlights. I have Phloof! (which is more white/pink/cool) but sometimes I feel like it's not potent enough. This is by far my brightest shimmery highlight shade. It doesn't look as gold on, only slightly so. I still wouldn't wear this with pink eyeshadow or anything but neutral to warm colors it would work well with. You don't need much and it truly pops. If I'm doing a gold eye look, I put some of this in the middle of the lid and it's so pretty. This is MAC eyeshadow at it's best, unique color and amazing texture/pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think Nylon is waaaaaaay to shimmery to be used as eyeshadow. On the browbone it looks straight out of the eighties. Even on the inner corner I find Nylon to be somewhat obnoxious looking. Nonetheless I own it so I wanted to make it work... I like to apply Nylon to the tops of my cheekbones with an eyeshadow blending brush. This gives the most luminous beautiful glow to your cheeks. I just have to make sure I use it sparingly or it ends up looking OTT. If you want a yellowy highlight eyeshadow, go with Ricepaper or Dazzlelight instead!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by CyndiBabulik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy using this color in one, specific way. Specifically, this is the perfect inner-corner highlight color. It adds just the right amount of brightness and beauty to the inner tear duct.

It is must-have inner-corner highlight color!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by neishaura

my absolute favorite eyeshadow from mac! and i have alot of them. worth every penny!