July 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Lancome - Makeup Dots

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2003 1:18:00 AM More reviews by macie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really can not picture anyone in thier right mind actually buying this. It is just so pointless especially for the price and the amount you get. And as everyone else said you can't do anything with them other then one color over your eyelid. I know alot of stores don't even have the stock for them, they are just on the tester unit. I guess Lancome thought it would be something fun and different. At least it is better than the fake furry fingernails they had in one of thier winter collections a few years ago.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2003 6:22:00 AM More reviews by lola610

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have to agree with Mandy on this one... The SA at SF's Nordstrom was doing the hard sell when I was trying to buy Cils Booster the other day and made me put one on my finger. Dipped in some Lancome blush and tried it out a bit. I honestly just cannot understand what good this product can ever do. It's too small to apply blush or powder, too big to apply anything intriciate like eyeshadow or concealer, and just the wrong material to apply anything liquid with. And worse, it's $18 for about 30. I doubt I'd even spend that amount for 300 of these things... Q-Tips are much more practical and much, much cheaper. This product is just plain dumb!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2003 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE the Lancome line. But I cant understand why they thought this product was a great idea. Makeup Dots are soft foamy stickers that you stick on the tip of your finger. You use the velvet side to load and apply your eyeshadow. You get 30 stickers in a matchbook-like package for $23 CDN. I did NOT buy it, but I did test it.

It is good for applying a wash of color all over the lid but doesnt do well for more intricate smokey eye looks. Too small to apply blush, though.

For your $23, go to The Body Shop and get an eyeshadow brush for your purse for less money. You may be able to even get two. The product is doofus and so is the price Lancome asks for.

http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/catalog/ProductMakeupAccessories.aspx?prdcode=990431&categorycode=AXEMakeup2^F1_Mak_Nails^F2_Nai_Colour&vname=name&& continued >>