October 1, 2014 | 1043 users online

Polishes - OPI - Pinking of you

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Such a lovely soft pink. Goes on well but you will need 3 coats.
Took of a lippie because I find opi polish doesn't last long in the bottle. Half way through it gets all goopy :(.
But still this colour is everything.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by av315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a HORRIBLE formula, my goodness! I can't believe OPI actually put this out in the market with their name on it. It's so bad it almost feels pointless commenting on chipping, the color, or anything else. That being said, the color is sweet but definitely not worth dealing with the nightmare that is putting this stuff on. I have NEVER used FOUR coats of color polish in my life, but that's what I had to do here to cover up the streaks. In the process, I was left (after hours of polishing and waiting time) with a goopy mess. Thoroughly cleaning up the cuticles helped but I am going to use this for nail art only or selling/swapping it whenever I get the chance. Otherwise I might add thinner and see if that helps the application as the color is cute. If you value your sanity and your time, do not buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by supermanok03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this colour. However the formula is terrible. I'm so conflicted that I decided to write my first review ever here on MakeupAlley.
I'd been looking for a nice light pink that isn't too bright. I do like OPI's Kiss me I'm Brazillian, but it's pretty bright. Pinking of you looks nice in the bottle, so of course I checked reviews. There were only a few negative reviews about the formula, so I decided to chance it.

Let me tell you, the first time I tried to put this on, I ended up very frustrated and swore I'd never use this polish. I loved the colour so much though that I tried it again. The colour is gorgeous on my tanned skin. However you need to be very careful when applying, and stick to thin coats. It took me 3 coats and if I look closely I can still see some of the uneven application. Compared to something like Lucky Lucky Lavender which is almost completely opaque with just one coat, I was disappointed. Pinking of you also bubbles SO easily. You really need to be patient.

I did OPI nail envy original as my base coat, 3-4 coats of pinking of you, then sally hansen insta-dri as my top coat. Painted on Saturday, It's Tuesday night now and no signs of wear at all yet. I've gotten compliments on my nails and I do really love the colour. That's the only reason I'd be willing to use this polish again. If I could find a dupe with a better formula I would ditch OPI for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by listentonothing

The perfect, classic, miss dior like pink.

This nail polish was what I was looking for years and years. I've been looking for a non tacky, cheap, bubblegum, childish, peptolbismol, cotton candy like pink. A true classic pink. I went through essie, other opi nail polishes, revlon, etc you name it. Most pinks are either greyed out, too dark, too light, whited out, cheap looking, bubble gum, childish but not this one. Opi: Pinking Of You is seriously what you see in the Natalie Portman Miss Cherie commerical. This pink doesn't streak and it's great with even one coat. So Chic it looks like a light pink layered ontop of your own. Not like the other pinks I've tried which require a million coats to give that nice gel like pink over your nails. They usually gloop up or look too thick. The formula is perfect. With two coats of this pink, you will get a bold opaque colour of a nice light pink.

This is my new HG nail polish. Perfect for the work place, classic, must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is perfect for girls with pale skin... and when I say that, I am ghost white. It's much less pink than the picture above suggests. With base coat and top coat, 3 thin, even layers, it's quite opaque. I think a lot of people blame the polish when it's actually them who need to learn how to paint their nails to make it not streaky.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by WubbyB

I usually love OPI, but this ons is extremely streaky. After 4 (!) layers, it is nowhere close to opaque. Maybe my polish is just a bad batch because other reviews rave about the quality. Love the color though, very pinkish but I can still wear it to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Awesome light pink color, lasts very well, brush is easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by loganavenue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the polish I wear every single day. I have fair skin and this is the best nude pink polish i've ever bought. Been buying this since 2004. I finish every bottle. This polish never streaks and it seems to resist chipping. The color is beautiful, the consistency/quality of the polish is superb - money well spent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

if your hands looks best with opi tickle my franc-y than ur skin type might not be too suitable for this shade of pink. i usually wear tickle my frnaz-y because it looks best on me. but this pink is just a little to bright i guess. its not really blue based nor yellow based it is just "the" pink. i appears to have a vintage touch to it i d say.

for fairer or darker skin than mine its probably wonderfull. or really good an taned skin. but not for me unfortunatly (scince in my country opi costs as much as chanel)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pinking of you is a must have if you have a tan. It looks fabulous on my toes with three or four coats. I love to wear this color in the summertime. It's my favorite for beach vacations, because it makes your feet look fabulous, and it doesn't chip. I will definitely buy this polish again...