Stila Kitten

4.1

talc, dimethicone, ethylhexyl palmitate, mineral oil\paraffinum liquidum\huile minerale, tocopheryl acetate, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, nylon-12, lauroyl lysine, boron nitride, silica, methylparaben, propylparaben, [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, carmine (ci 75470), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), manganese violet (ci 77742), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163)]

on 6/29/2015 12:07:00 PM

*sigh* i love the whole kitten shade range offered from Stila. I bought a Kitten gift clutch from Nordstroms Rack which included the lip glaze, the eye shadow and the liquid iliuminator, smudge eye liner, clutch and bracelet for $30!!!

On to the product. The packaging is nothing special, but you do get alot of product. I really love this eye shadow, its shimmer but not like in your face 13 year old that has glitter on her eyes. Its beautiful, brightens the eyes, i can use it to highlight my brow bone, the inner corners of my eyes, or all over the lid for a fresh look. Applies nicely, evenly and blends well.

I think this regularly goes for around $18 for the single eye shadow. I got a great deal and probably wouldn't buy it on its own for that price. But i'm so glad i have it to add to my collection.

This is my favorite eyeshadow. I find it not to be too soft, and it really does stay on all day. The color is gorgeous, I love how it is champagne but with a hint of pink. I wear it over other shadows to give them a more natural and shimmery effect. Perfect for everyday and for layering!

on 5/21/2015 10:08:00 AM

Stila's eyeshadow in "Kitten" is a powder form shadow but it has a little bit of a creamy base to it. This is a high shimmer & shine shadow (if you are scared of shimmer stay AWAY!!) the color is a pearly champagne. I find the color gorgeous and very flattering on all skin tones. It is also very versatile I use it on my eyebrow bone, cheekbones as a highlighter, and also all over my eyelids as a shadow. As for price, I bought this a few months ago and I can't say exactly if it was way to pricy for a designer shadow or not but to me whatever the price may be it was well worth it and I will most definitely be repurchasing another one when the time comes. The package is in a simple round case with a window to see the eyeshadow color. It has a nice amount of product inside and is very easy to open and close.

on 5/5/2015 11:44:00 AM

This is one of my favourite eyeshadows. I have been using it for a long time and I very much missed it when Stila was no longer available in the UK a few years ago. It is a staple in my make-up bag and my sister's too and we are never without it. It is a lovely rich almost creamy textured powder and is a wearable shimmery champage-pink neutral. It is great for highlighting and I often just wear it over the entire eye for a simple but polished look. I never grow tired of this and I have repurchased countless times. A real classic that suits most skin tones and is excellent quality and value for money.

I had read about this stuff a lot before purchasing. It was very pretty and pearlish in color. But it was super soft...like too soft. It melted on my oily eyes :(

on 3/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

Most people describe this as a super shimmery champaigney beige eyeshadow but for me, I get more of a sheeny look when I use it to highlight the brow. I sometimes use it as a cheekbone highlighter. Wherever I place it, I apply very very lightly - either with finger tips before buffing out, if it's along the cheekbones OR with a very fine brush if it's under the brow.

I have medium skin and I use it very sparingly to avoid the stripper look. I use it because I have it, and yes..it is used regularly but to be honest, I think you could easily find something similar at the drugstore. It's not something you need to go out and buy ASAP. I like it but not enough to replace.

on 2/4/2015 3:45:00 PM

I think I might be I'm the minority who thinks this eyeshadow is overrated :(. I bought this a few years ago after seeing it in store and then I was glad I did because it seems to have a cult following. Whilst the shade is gorgeous and the texture seems butter like, I just don't get on with it. It's fine as a highlighter but I prefer NARS All About Eve. When I try it on my lid it either creases or the colour pay off isn't great :(. I keep going back to it to see if I can make it work but I think I'll have to admit defeat on this one. It seems to be very well liked so I would buy it if I didn't have it already but I doubt I'll repurchase.

on 1/7/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My go-to everyday eyeshadow and the base colour for most of my eyeshadow looks. Love love love the champagne shade, just enough shimmer, really brightens the eye. The shadow itself, although a powder, feels very creamy. I sometimes wet the brush before applying it to get more depth and last-ability from the colour. I've never had an issue with fallout from stila shadows like I have with urban decay. Would definitely recommend to someone who wants a neutral shimmery champagne shade that's easy to apply and lasts all day.

on 12/7/2014 11:30:00 AM

I first bought this on a whim when I've just started working (disposable income--yay!), & I found that this was the perfect "slight wash of color/shimmer on my lids that makes me look refreshed/wide awake even if I only had a couple of hours sleep". I also sometimes put it in the inner corners of my eyes or use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones. The color really suits my skintone. Unfortunately, I once dropped it from my dresser & it shattered horribly. I still used it a handful of times but now, for some weird reason, I can't find it in my makeup stash anymore. It is expensive for a single, shallow pot of eyeshadow, and maybe once I'm over my "just a swipe of brown/black eyeliner on my lids" phase, I'll decide to repurchase this.

on 10/15/2014 6:45:00 PM

Gorgeous, neutral, must have shadow. Think MAC Dazzlelight on steroids with a more rich, velvety, super shimmery consistency. I love it as an all over wash to brighten the eyes, or paired with browns and coppers. It's great for highlighting the brow bone or inner corners of the eyes, too. Great longevity, but steer clear if you don't like shimmery. This product is like a disco ball. I got mine in some Stila palettes, so I can't speak as to packaging for the eyeshadow as a single. Price has been good in palettes from Sephora. I would definitely repurchase.