October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in Sparkling Sand

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by lawrencebecki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this polish. It is a neutral color, so I cn put it on top of anything. It is shimmery, so I like putting it on top of other polishes. I wore it for a very long time, and chipping did not start on my toenails, until probably three weeks of applying it. For me, that s good. I am constantly running around outside barefoot, and what-not. I live near the beach in Santa Monica, and I am always walking around in the sand. So this polish can withstand a lot, I will tell you. I am planning to get some other colors, so if anyone knows any colors that look great, let us know! You really don't know until you put it on your nails. Because just looking at the bottle can be deceiving. So it does not chip for a long while, color was beautiful, you can put it on top of other colors, and the price is reasonable. DON'T get polishes that cost $1.99 or $2.99. You want to spend at least $4.00 on nail polish. In the long run, it is better. And that is usually how you can tell its a good brand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry to be the dissenting opinon, here, but this is one of the worst polishes I've ever tried. It did not apply evenly and it has an unusual odor that I don't care for. It smudged even after 10 minutes of drying, too. I don't care for the bottle shape very much either, and I prefer having at least one mixing ball inside but there is none. The brush is a tad on the skimpy side, which helps to explain the uneven application problem. The color is interesting; it is basically a medium-toned, bronzy, champagne microglitter. However, this color did not flatter my light-medium, cool-toned coloring, either. IMO, it is a color more suited to either darker or warmer coloring than mine. *SIGH* Just a total miss for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 1:19:00 PM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great shimmery neutral, and lasts a good 5-7 days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this - nice colour on me for summer and because of the price you can buy as many as you like and it's not a drama if you end up only using it once or twice. I use a sally hansen top coat(mega shine) over this to help extend the life of my pedi when using this colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2003 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Blinkers345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me be the first to say, I love these nailpolishes. They're cheap, come in a large range of colors. The formula is not nearly as shiny as it looks in the ads, but some clear polish on top (which I always do anyhow) livens it up a bit. There's lots of glitter in these, so if glitter isnt something you like, stay away. Sparkling Sand is a light golden-bronze shade infused with tons of shimmer. I find that it has amazing staying power, it hardly chips or anything. Its actually pretty hard to get off.