September 22, 2014 | 1568 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Azur Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Azur is a richly pigmented metallic dark cobalt blue. When used wet it gives a line as precise and intense as you would expect from a liquid liner. This actually gives a better result than Stila's Cobalt Smudge Pot (the colours are quire similar).
Today, I'm wearing it as a liner with Poppy on my lids and Shore in the crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lian_qiu

I got this online and was disappointed when I first saw it, because it looked so similar to Sapphire (from the Sapphire/Twilight Duo), but when applied they are very different. Sapphire is a deep blue with some shimmer, but Azure is gorgeous deep blue with metallic royal blue sheen. Very happy I got it. I only gave it a 4 because I don't think it's a shade I can wear everyday, but I still recommend it. For reference, I used both Azur and Sapphire wet as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by stilafanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This beautiful eyeshadow was my very first swap, and was a wonderful surprise. I had never seen it in real life, so was surprised that it was so dark. I was still new to makeup, and it scared me since it was darker than I had expected, so it sat in my makeup stash for almost a year. Now that I've been on this board for a year now, I am more willing to take risks, so I pulled this back out, and it is sooooo pretty!!! I am so glad I took a gamble on it. It can be applied lightly for a day look, or you can pile it on for a more smoky look. Either way, it is stunning and really makes my eyes sparkle. There are so many great colors it can be paired with as well, I can't wait to keep playing with it and finding new ways to wear it!! For reference, I am NW20/20 Watts, and cool toned with blue-green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 5:51:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel out of love with Stila eyeshadows for awhile because the compact/palette eyeshadows were really turning me off (too soft and couldnít withstand the test of time!). But I recently used poor little Azur who was sitting neglected in my traincase. Itís a richly colored dark navy, but still very ďblueĒ and not black. It reminds me completely of MAC Flashtrack, which is a Veluxe Pearl, both in texture and color, except Azur is even creamier and has better pigmentation. BUT hereís the kicker Ė I prefer Flashtrack because of my hopeless love of MAC . . . yeah I know pathetic! Azur is quite lovely paired with silvers, light blues, black, purples, greens, browns . . . The possibilities are endless since itís not a distinctively weird cool and can be complimented to an array of colors. I guess Iím going to put this up for swap since I donít need two of the same colors. But itís a darn good eyeshadow, no lie!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by portlandgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely stunning eyeshadow. I use it dry as an eyeliner and it looks great with my brown eyes. I love it paired with Stila Sun as a wash, and a little mascara. Don't hesitate to get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by fennbott

This is a great product for doing a smoky eye. The rich color looks amazing and is really bendable. While the color appears really intense when paired with a very light color or used as a liner itís amazing and makes the face pop. I always get so many compliments when I wear it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2006 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

"Azur" looks like a deep, indigo blue in the pan, but has surprisingly poor pigmentation and a chalky, hard to blend texture that reminds me of the crap Covergirl eyeshadows I used as a teenager. When I tried applying it dry, the brush hardly picked up any pigment at all, even after I 'loosened' up the top layer by rubbing a cotton swab over the top of the shadow. When I applied it, all I got was an uneven layer of faded color. It was slightly better when applied wet with an angled brush to line the eyes. Then the color became a bit deeper and acquired a slight sheen, but it still reminded me more of faded denim than anything else. I figured out that my Prestige eyeshadow in "Ink" is the same basic sapphire-blue color (except the Prestige has rainbow microglitter), but is more pigmented and intense than "Azur". And "Ink" is considered one of the lesser-quality Prestige singles as well! Save your money and pick up "Ink" if you're craving a deep, royal blue. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2005 1:36:00 AM More reviews by elvedon

Boy was I shocked to discover how much I love blue eyeshadow! As everyone has mentioned, Azur is a fabulous blue liner applied wet, especially for brown eyes. Applied in a thicker line, it makes quite a dramatic statement. I also enjoy wearing it in a very soft blended wash with Kitten over my lid--it's a very subtle, smokey-sparkly look that brings out my eyes without being overly attention-grabbing. Like all my Stila shadows, Azur is soft and blendy and smooth and applies like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I'm a CCC with strong yellow undertones, dark brown eyes and hair. I have several stila shadows, mostly warm shades, and thought I would add a little more color to my palette. I used the azur as eye liner and boy was I surprised at the look. It gave my brown eyes a very deep sexy look. (I used Sand as a base). I have not tried it wet yet nor experimented with other combinations, but Azur definitely a permanent addition to my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I didn't reach for this color much-it's gorgeous in the pan, but didn't show up the same pretty color on my eyes...however, try this shadow wet! The shimmer really shows up when you use it wet and it is gorgeous!!! Looks awsome as a liner paired w/ stila shore. Love this color as a liner now!!!