Stila Rumba Eyeshadow

4.1

on 2/10/2008 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Rumba is a gorgeous blue/mauve/grey shade with a touch of shimmer. I normally shy away from blue eyeshadows, but because this is such an interesting shade with it's purple and grey undertones i find it really wearable.
Today I'm wearing it in the crease with Cloud. Really flattering with my green eyes.
Rumba is discontinued, which is unfortunate as there is nothing in Stila's existing line which comes even close to duping this beautiful colour.

on 6/29/2005 3:38:00 AM

Rumba is a shimmery dark smoky violet/blue. Looks really nice paired with Orchid pro e/s. This was one e/s Stila shouldn't have discontinued!

on 9/4/2004 5:04:00 AM

One of my favorite purple eyeshadows! it is a purple color with some blue in it and very irridescent. I am a LLL and I wear this color on special occasions. Its not too bold nor too subtle. blending is key for this shadow. Stila e/s are silky and pigmented and last a long time.

on 1/14/2004 10:56:00 PM

thanks goodness a great MUAer let me swap for this since it's discontinued! very cool irridescent blue. i use it for a liner. nice alternative to black or brown. like all stila shadows...incredible staying power, texture and quality

on 12/23/2003 11:47:00 PM

This is a pretty purple blue eyeshadow but you have to be careful how you wear this. it can look extremely flattering or just bad. The color is such a unique shade of purple though. Top lid only if you have deep set eyes and with only certain combos of e.s. Ask your mom or any trusted makeup commentor, when you wear this with other e/s, she will tell you the truth. Unfortunately this e/s was discontinued.

on 11/8/2003 4:09:00 AM

I'm not a fan of purple shadows as they look awful on my pasty sallow skin (I'm only tan for about 2 weeks of the year). This is a rather dark (but nowhere near black) iridescent grape purple. It's apparently discontinued but I found a dead ringer for it: Shu Uemura IR Blue 645. I know, I know, the Shu looks much lighter in the pan than Rumba does, but once applied, they look exactly the same.

on 4/11/2003 10:12:00 PM

Is it possible that I'm really in love with a blue e/s? Yes, it is. This is not 70s pale turquoise blue. It's a gorgeous deep iridescent blue with violet shimmer. When I say "deep," I don't mean like Cassis or Java or other colors that are best used as a liner. It's more of a mediumin-to-dark shade. As dark as Barefoot Contessa, or perhaps a twink darker. Don't try to be subtle with it, because if you apply it lightly, it's just kind of bluish grey, and it does nothing for nobody. Go dramatic. I put it all over my lid and softly blend up into the crease, and my hazel eyes jump up and yell "HELLO! HERE WE ARE!" Really. I think it would look amazing on brown eyes as well, especially if you have darker skin. Fab-yoo-luss.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Medium-dark muted purplish blue. When applied with a brush, the color is more sheer: a medium-to-dark bluish grey with some shimmer. When applied with a sponge applicator or finger, the color is more vibrant: a medium blue-violet with violet shimmer, almost iridescent. I think this would look amazing on someone with dark skin and brown eyes, or on anyone with blue eyes. No bright a blue for me though.

Credit for this review is given to http://www26.brinkster.com/stila/. Go there for more info. continued >>

on 2/1/2003 11:37:00 PM

Love this shadow! I have only used it as a liner so far. Stays on good and looks good with green eyes. I'm a LLL and on me it goes on a bluish/purpilish color. On me has more blue than purple.

on 1/24/2003 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lovely grey-purple, with a lovely kind of shimmer to it... very soft and blendable!