Clairol L' Image Permanent Haircolor

3.6

on 7/19/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the colour. It turned out fantastic. I have long hair, to my butt. It's not always easy to colour by myself without making mess. This product was perfect for long hair do it yourself. The vibrant colour and shine is amazing. I do have a really tough grey patch and the colour completely covered it. So happy with this colour.
I will definitely be buying it again. If I can find it. Usually my luck the one I like ends up discontinued. Dark mahogany brown.

I used this for the first time and I really like it. I am always a little worried when trying a new dye as I have had the "hot roots phenom" when using permant hair colour. I was so pleased that this one did not do this. I used the Medium Ash Brown that covered my grey roots and pulled it to the ends (in the last 10 minutes). The colour looks great and it is super shiney. The dye had a gel like consistency when applied and I had very little drips/running. The conditioner was thin and a little runny but did a fantastic job. When done my hair was silky, shiney and a perfect brown. Will buy again.

,,`,,,,`,-Iamsherazade- ,,`,,,,`, continued >>

on 6/9/2014 10:56:00 AM

Used this stuff last night and I have to say I'm horribly disappointed. I got the soft black color, which I thought would be a black with brown undertones like all " soft black" dyes. It was more of a jet black color with blue undertones. Not the look I was going for at all. The formula was very drippy, smelly, and stung my head a lot. Rinsing process took over twenty minutes until the water ran clear. The conditioner sucked and left my hair feeling stringy. The only awesome things about this dye were the nice big gloves and the price (on sale for $ 4.99CDN. wouldn't ever buy again and would strongly recommend people don't buy it. You truly get what you pay for.

on 10/20/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Simply horrible. Aside from the smell (which is a tad more tolerable than a few I've tried), the conditioner (that made my hair smooth and shiny!) and the price, this was really, really bad. I got the burgundy colour, which I believe is #851? The colour never stopped coming off in the shower! I was in there for literally an hour trying to wash it off, and it ended up staining my mat, but the smart kid in me used a red towel. That's not all, though. The colour wasn't even true to the packaging! I have slightly dark, brown hair and it told me that the dye would work out to be a pretty colour. After blowdrying my hair I was shocked to see near BLACK hair! Overall, would NEVER buy this hair dye again, even at the price of $6.

on 12/3/2012 11:00:00 AM

I just used this to bleach my jet black hair, I needed to bleach it so I could go Medium Ash Brown 865. I left this on for 30 mins and it took it to a color of a pumpkin, which is fine because I'm dying over it anyways. my hair felt like silk believe it or not after washing this out. I love the conditioner that comes with it to. I'll have to write a separate review once I put the color 865 on and wash it out! So far love it!

on 9/26/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I loved this product. I was looking for a major change from my light brown hair, so i wanted to go either black or red. I decided to choose L'image Burgandy because of the extreme difference, and it lived up to my expectations!
My hair turned out a dark blackish purple, which is what i would've done anyways if I knew how. I love how my hair looks in the sun, it sparkles purple hues, and it compliments my eyes. Even though it's not what the box looks like I liked how it turned out even better. The price was right, a bit more expensive than the semi-permanents, but less than the more popular brands. I didn't get a single drop of it anywhere so i didn't have to worry about stains. And my roots! All covered! This will be my permanent go to for hair colour. I'm so pleased with the results, but warn people that the colours are extreme!!

on 7/8/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is my favorite hair dye of all time. It gives a very rich color and never gives me the hot/orangey roots that my hair is prone too with other hair dye. I've even converted my mom to using this dye, and shes normally not too picky. it has excellent grey coverage which is what she likes about it. I use the dark brown shade (which turns out almost black) and she uses the medium ash brown. Neither of our hair fades, normally the only reason we have to dye it is if our roots have grown in, which is great. i would recommend this dye to anyone who wants to cover greys or prevent fading.

on 6/30/2012 10:08:00 AM

I purchased shade 860 Medium Brown and left it on for 25 minutes because I haven't coloured in several months and I wanted it even. It turned out BLACK. Now I have to put my hair through torture in order to fix it by bleaching. I ended up calling their hotline to complain but they kept trying to put the blame on me even though it said to do an all over colour if you haven't coloured your hair in a while. Then they tried to get me to purchase THEIR products in order to fix it. No thanks, I'll purchase anything but Clairol from now on.

on 2/7/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

For the money, this is the best hair color that I`ve ever used. I`ve tried the `soft black`over and over and have never been disappointed. The colour matches the box, and it stays!! This stuff is way better than Feria (the last boxed colour I tried).

on 12/14/2010 4:00:00 PM

This hair color is awesome! I got Soft Black, and it turned my brown-black hair a rich, shiny, blue-black. Yay! This is exactly what I have been looking for for years! I've tried many types, Perfect 10, Nice n Easy, Preference, Garnier, etc etc.. but they never really turned my hair completely black, always had remants of brown still there and I was never completely happy, plus the color faded quickly. L'image however, totally saturates the hair and my hair looks ultra shiny and very very black. I really like the blue undertones. I don't think I'll ever try any other.