Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Brownie

4.4

on 2/27/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Brownie is a very versatile nude pink on my NW15 light skintone with highly pigmented lips. A deeper nude for me, with good coverage and staying power. The formula is semi-matte and wears comfortably. There is a bit more brown and warmth in this shade than in my all-time favorite Brownie Pink (discontinued, of course!), but it still works well enough. It's a dependable everyday choice for work, low-key and pairs well with various eye makeup looks. Will repurchase, retails for $26 before tax.

on 2/27/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The lipstick is moisturizing and stays on nicely. This is a nice universal pink color. I personally think it would really look nice on everyone. Of course the pigmentation will change on other skin colors and lip tones, but for the price... you can get nice lipsticks at other high end makeup companies for a tiny bit less. I do like this, but not super thrilled.

on 2/24/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an amazing product. I recently made the forray into Bobbi Brown products and this is love. It is a definite pink on me, not nude. I am MAC NW45 for reference. The thing is this gives me a nice lip that can go from work to play. Moisturizing enough and long lasting enough. I need to reapply after eating of course but it is a pleasure to do so. I will certainly replace.

on 2/8/2013 6:57:00 PM

so i now have 3 of these, one a repurchase, so you know i love the formula. to me, they are non-drying; moisturizing, in fact. i take good care of my lips and am well hydrated though so they're in pretty good condition to begin w/. creamy, long-lasting rich opaque color. i have sandwash pink (my first lipstick repurchase EVER) which is def a MLBB (my lips but better) shade for me. it's like a medium pinky beige. i wear pink beige gloss over it, they are like the same color. then i have brownie. this is quite a dark 'brownie' pink. it is very different and much darker than sandwash pink but i'd still consider it in the neutral family. i sometimes wear rosy gloss over it to give it some depth but this one i like very much on its own. finally, i just received tulle in the mail sight unseen because i wanted something w/ a 'pop' of color but not TOO blatant like red or something and an online MUA i was chatting w/ recommended it based on my coloring. she recommended the marina pink sheer gloss atop. i bought that combo and am VERY happy w/ it. it is indeed a bright but not over the top medium-dark pink. it looks gorgeous w/ the marina. even my husband who is impartial to makeup and just thinks it gets in the way said he liked it, since he either usually can't tell one color from another or like if i have neon pink on obviously that's for me, not him. he said it was a nice bold color but not "too overwhelming". i will definitely look to bobbi's lip colors for my future lipstick needs. i have not found a formula i like better, and i've tried make up forever, shiseido, urban decay, nars, clinique, lancome, dior, guerlain, yves st laurent, mac, bare escentuals, multiple drugstore brands... to name a FEW!

on 1/7/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This lipstick is what I wanted MAC's Twig to be for me. It's a beautiful pink-brown that brings out my natural lip colour. I'd say it's a tad more on the brown side (on my lips anyways) than Twig but the formula is much better. I find MAC lipsticks to be drying but that's not the case with Bobbi Brown. This lipstick is perfect for that everyday polished look.

on 1/2/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My lipstick life partner :D For me, this is the YLBB shade I've been looking for. I know when a lipcolor is perfect when I can wear it alone, use it as a cream blush/cream eyeshadow, pair it with any kind of makeup look from natural to dramatic, and put it on without having to use a mirror and know it looks great. This is also one of the only lipsticks that I'd buy in bulk because I practically wear it everyday. I'm even wearing it in my profile picture!

on 11/28/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When it comes to quality, Bobbi Brown makes very nice lipsticks. They wear like no other that I've tried. They are worth the price in my opinion.

I bought this online, sight unseen. I didn't really need it. I already have Brownie Pink, which is very close to Brownie only slightly lighter. Both colors are brownish pink. I actually prefer Brownie Pink. However, I believe Brownie Pink has been discontinued, so I decided to keep Brownie and alternate between the two shades.

on 11/22/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this as a dupe for MAC's Creme in Your Coffee, a shade I really liked, but found the formula drying. Unfortunately, it was too pale for me and made me look washed out. I do like the formula though, keeps my lips moist.

on 4/26/2011 1:21:00 PM

I love the natural look of many BB products, and this is no exception. I like this shade more than I did when I first tried it on. It is a bit darker than I wanted it to be, but I've found that I still like the color. The formula, however is drier than I'd like. I don't find that it dries out my lips, but I need a balm underneath it, and I'd prefer a more moisturizing formula. All in all, I won't be purchasing this again, as I prefer my HG MAC Viva Glam V, which is a slightly better color for me and has more moisture.

I think this is a color that would work on anybody. I would describe Brownie as a rosy-brown in the tube. I love it on my lips -- it's the color I wish my lips were naturally. I have what I call "ghost lips" , they blend in with my face. Very pale. Brownie brightens them, makes my teeth look very white, and brightens up my skin tone. The formula is a little drying, so apply lipbalm under it. :) Highly recommended. Very natural and pretty color.

Popular Lipsticks