August 28, 2014 | 1664 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lip Color - Brownie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so i now have 3 of these, one a repurchase, so you know i love the formula. to me, they are non-drying; moisturizing, in fact. i take good care of my lips and am well hydrated though so they're in pretty good condition to begin w/. creamy, long-lasting rich opaque color. i have sandwash pink (my first lipstick repurchase EVER) which is def a MLBB (my lips but better) shade for me. it's like a medium pinky beige. i wear pink beige gloss over it, they are like the same color. then i have brownie. this is quite a dark 'brownie' pink. it is very different and much darker than sandwash pink but i'd still consider it in the neutral family. i sometimes wear rosy gloss over it to give it some depth but this one i like very much on its own. finally, i just received tulle in the mail sight unseen because i wanted something w/ a 'pop' of color but not TOO blatant like red or something and an online MUA i was chatting w/ recommended it based on my coloring. she recommended the marina pink sheer gloss atop. i bought that combo and am VERY happy w/ it. it is indeed a bright but not over the top medium-dark pink. it looks gorgeous w/ the marina. even my husband who is impartial to makeup and just thinks it gets in the way said he liked it, since he either usually can't tell one color from another or like if i have neon pink on obviously that's for me, not him. he said it was a nice bold color but not "too overwhelming". i will definitely look to bobbi's lip colors for my future lipstick needs. i have not found a formula i like better, and i've tried make up forever, shiseido, urban decay, nars, clinique, lancome, dior, guerlain, yves st laurent, mac, bare escentuals, multiple drugstore brands... to name a FEW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick is what I wanted MAC's Twig to be for me. It's a beautiful pink-brown that brings out my natural lip colour. I'd say it's a tad more on the brown side (on my lips anyways) than Twig but the formula is much better. I find MAC lipsticks to be drying but that's not the case with Bobbi Brown. This lipstick is perfect for that everyday polished look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My lipstick life partner :D For me, this is the YLBB shade I've been looking for. I know when a lipcolor is perfect when I can wear it alone, use it as a cream blush/cream eyeshadow, pair it with any kind of makeup look from natural to dramatic, and put it on without having to use a mirror and know it looks great. This is also one of the only lipsticks that I'd buy in bulk because I practically wear it everyday. I'm even wearing it in my profile picture!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

When it comes to quality, Bobbi Brown makes very nice lipsticks. They wear like no other that I've tried. They are worth the price in my opinion.

I bought this online, sight unseen. I didn't really need it. I already have Brownie Pink, which is very close to Brownie only slightly lighter. Both colors are brownish pink. I actually prefer Brownie Pink. However, I believe Brownie Pink has been discontinued, so I decided to keep Brownie and alternate between the two shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a dupe for MAC's Creme in Your Coffee, a shade I really liked, but found the formula drying. Unfortunately, it was too pale for me and made me look washed out. I do like the formula though, keeps my lips moist.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ativan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the natural look of many BB products, and this is no exception. I like this shade more than I did when I first tried it on. It is a bit darker than I wanted it to be, but I've found that I still like the color. The formula, however is drier than I'd like. I don't find that it dries out my lips, but I need a balm underneath it, and I'd prefer a more moisturizing formula. All in all, I won't be purchasing this again, as I prefer my HG MAC Viva Glam V, which is a slightly better color for me and has more moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I think this is a color that would work on anybody. I would describe Brownie as a rosy-brown in the tube. I love it on my lips -- it's the color I wish my lips were naturally. I have what I call "ghost lips" , they blend in with my face. Very pale. Brownie brightens them, makes my teeth look very white, and brightens up my skin tone. The formula is a little drying, so apply lipbalm under it. :) Highly recommended. Very natural and pretty color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Julianne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this lipstick at least twice. It is a lovely brownish-pink, great for everyday wear. I would compare it to MAC Twig, but in a much more smooth and moisturizing formulation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a MLBB lipstick that isn't a traditional "nude." I'm an NC35-43, and this adds a nice pink-y/brown color to my lips, except that you can't really tell that it's the lipstick adding the color and not my natural lip color. (I should clarify by saying that this is the color my natural lips *should* be, but for their lack of pigmentation.) Brown by BB is SO close to Brownie, but Brownie won because it was a hair more pink. That being said, I will likely purchase Brown at some point in the future.

For a true "nude" lippie, my favorite was BB Bare, which was discontinued (*shakes fist at BB*).

This isn't drying at all on me, and the color doesn't morph into something else. In terms of quality/pigmentation I've never met a BB lippie I didn't like, although there ARE different finishes. (My one wish is that BB would separate and/or denote what finish each lippie is.)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My official MLBB lipstick. no shimmer, no gloss..satin-y and matches my lips without TURNING EXTRA PINK. i used to use BB TULLE but it turns very pink on me...so this one answered my prayers.. it is a teeny bit drying, but it is long lasting. it DOES NOT look like it will be discontinued (i am so fed up with everything being discontinued!)..
grat muted pink/brown. have adopted it as my fave. search is ovah..