January 25, 2015 | 2116 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Moonhalf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the #4 neutral fair airbrush concealer and I like it. The applicator is very soft and gentle making it easy to apply the product. At 55 I appreciate the uplifting effect below the brow it accents the eye area nicely. For me this is not meant to be a full coverage concealer, it is an additional concealer for me to use. I am using the airbrush concealer to accent around my eyes and so far I am pleased with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Cuddlesworth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great for dark circles - wouldn't use it to cover blemishes. nice fluid texture, easy to apply. It's my go to concealer having tried many different brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I have this in Neutral Fair 04. I agree with everyone who doesn't like the click pens with brushes, but at least it's more sanitary than dipping my fingers in a pot. I bought this, as others did, because Lisa Eldridge uses it in a lot of her videos. I can see why, because it's pretty much foolproof, even under my eyes, where I tend to have creasing. I apply it with a MAC 217 brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to get this out of the way first: hate the packaging. The click dispenser either gushes up too much product or I have to click it twenty times to get anything out. I've used similar style concealer pens that only need about a dozen clicks initially, but never after that first use. I really can't stand the inconsistency here. Otherwise, this is wonderful and I'm pleasantly surprised. Despite being a brand known for it's gentle, dermatologist tested products, I haven't had much luck with anything from Clinique. Everything I've tried, with the exception of a couple things, have given me terrible reactions. So usually I steer clear. But after watching Lisa Eldridge rave about this so many times I had to try it, and ordered it in Fair.

The color match works well on mu NW5-10 (more neutral than cool) skin, blends in flawlessly and layers easily if I need more coverage. I don't like heavy concealers, especially under my eyes, but I do want enough coverage to hide my blue-ish circles and still look natural. This wakes up my whole eye area and illuminates subtly, no shimmer or shiny finish. I use it around my nose area too when my allergies are acting up.

The texture is creamy, lightweight, and smooth. Doesn't look cakey or patchy at the end of the day. It doesn't need much dry time to melt into my skin, so I can quickly top it with a finishing powder. I'm a germ-phobe so I never use the little brush directly on my face. I apply it on the back of my clean hand and use a separate concealer brush to apply.

Luckily I haven't had any issues with this as far as irritation or sensitivity goes. Big sigh of relief!

Honestly this has become one of my favorite concealers, along with Armani's High Precision Retouch and By Terry Touch Veloutee. The price is great too, hard to believe for something this high quality. I've almost finished my first tube and I'm going to keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. Previously I'd been using MAC's Studio Finish concealer for years (repurchased at least three times) and I thought that was pretty much the be-all and end-all of concealers - apart from that I've tried several concealers by Maybelline (their stick concealer, Mineral Power concealer, Age Rewind). I'm exceptionally pale, probably NW10, and finding a concealer that matches my skin tone is very difficult. Drug store concealers never carry a shade quite light enough. As well as this, I have very dark under-eye circles, and I never thought a liquid-y light reflective concealer would ever have enough coverage for them. However, Lisa Eldridge uses this product in her makeup tutorials all the time, so I asked to try it - and when the makeup artist took off the Studio Finish on one eye and replaced it with the Airbrush concealer and showed me in the mirror, I was amazed! It looked SO much more natural, smooth and lovely than the MAC concealer. It didn't settle into the fine lines and just looked healthy. I either use my fingers to blend this in or the small Sigma round-top Sigmax brush. I think if you really wanted that 'no makeup' look you could wear this on its own and it would be perfect, but I actually set it with a Meow Cosmetics mineral concealer just because I do want that flawless finish and my under eye circles are quite dark. Now I'm curious about other light-reflective concealers!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by pattida1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

apologize for prior misspelled words...ahh cell phones! Would truly appreciate your advice. Patti Donnelly-Arnold

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lemon56

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is great for illuminating. I like products that look natural and i can say this about the concealer, but it surely didn't last all day. After two-three hours it disappears. The coverage isn't great as well, i do have quite intense dark circles and my skin is pretty fair so it did nothing for me. Although my sister doesn't have as intense dark circles as me, she has exactly the same opinion. On the bright side, it feels great on the skin. I won't buy it again in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Suberb iluminator, not made for dark spots, my fav for under eyes. If at some point it stars to look powdery/cakey just clean the brush with biotherma and a tissue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I was looking for a replacement of my HG diorskin sculpt lifting smoothing concealer because I got somewhat bored of buying the same thing over and over again even though I have been loving it for ages. This Clinique concealer is THE perfect replacement. It's just as good. It covers fairly well without being too obvious and without sitting in every single line under the eyes. It stays on well throughout the day and doesn't dry out my skin. I have it in the lightest shade (I am quite fair) and it matches perfectly. Price? Well, I think it's like at least twice as cheap as the dior concealer so no complaints there. The packaging I am not quite crazy about. This type of brush distribution thing has never seemed particularly hygenic to me. For the rest... HG status and I will be buying it again shortly (I think mine is running out after several months of usage).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Giginessa13

It's funny, I've worked for Clinique for almost 9 years and I'm just starting to use this product again. I used to think it wasn't enough coverage, but I think it is more of a color shade issue. See, the medium shade is perfect for the summer, but it's too dark for the winter. I don't like neutral/fair because it doesn't have the peach corrective color. I would put this at HG status if I could wear it all year round but I can't. If you can fit into one of the three shades it really is a great product.