Philosophy guru (inspiring shampoo, bath and shower gel)

4.4

on 11/28/2008 10:36:00 PM

Fabulous, Fabulous!! One of the best shower gels ever. I love the orange creamsicle scent. It's thick and creamy and leaves the skin very moisturized. Philosophy is the greatest.

on 11/30/2003 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I only use this as a shower gel, and there is a definite orange sorbet scent. The gel is thick and lathers luxuriously. Rinses clean without residue. One slight complaint: the fragrance dissipates in less a minute. I really love this scent so I wish it would've lingered well after I'm done in the shower...at least.

on 11/14/2003 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The other reviewers have said it perfectly, this smells just like orage sherbert! Almost good enough to eat! :o) It lathers up nicely and keeps my skin nice and soft after I step out of the shower. I don't like it so much as a shampoo but I love it as a shower gel. I'm in love with the Philosophy Shower Gels and this one is no exception!! :o)

on 11/3/2003 3:08:00 PM

Mmm, here I go again with the Philosophy shower gels!! I can't get enough of these products. I love Guru, it has that orange creamsicle scent to it, with a bit of a vanilla undertone, IMO. It's great creamy texture is wonderful especially if you are in a hurry and can't put on a moisturizer right after your shower!! It isn't that bad in my hair either, it leaves it with just enough moisture where I can use my leave in conditioner right after and my scalp feels fine. I don't know about inspirational, but it is a great shower gel!

on 10/26/2002 10:50:00 AM

This is most okay as a shower gel, but it shares the problem that every philosophy 3-in-1 that I've tried has had: it ranges from okay to blah in each of its three categories (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel), and ends up excelling in none of them. The orange scent is not as pungent or tart as TBS Satsuma shower gel (a mandarin-scented shower gel I'd rate higher than this product), or even has freshly-squeezed as its fabulous salt scrub counterpart (which I HIGHLY recommend). It's a healthy, strong orange in the bottle, but the minute it goes on, it turns into a sort of watered-down, orange-vanilla, creamsicle scent. Lather is okay, but not fabulous. Shampoo-conditioner combos in general have a hard time cleaning as well *or* conditioning as well as separate shampoos and conditioners, and this product is no exception. My hair feels just a little greasy and lackluster after using the product. I'll use my bottle up---it's not *BAD*---but I'll save future-purchase money for outstanding philosophy products, like their scrubs (Guru, Heaven on Earth).

on 9/1/2002 7:36:00 PM

As with the similar 3-in-1 products, I haven't tried this as a shampoo, but as a shower gel, and like it. Has an orange sherbet scent. Lathers & cleans nicely.

on 4/27/2002 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of "fruit stand" fragrances, but there was just enough warmth added to this orange scent to make it absolutely delicious. I don't use it on my hair, but it's a super shower gel and builds up a great lather.

on 4/1/2002 9:23:00 PM

I love this as a body wash. I smells great!!

on 10/29/2001 11:04:00 AM

I really love this shower gel! It smells good enough to eat, goes on smooth and really lathers up well (unlike other philosophy 3-in-1's I have tried). I received this in the guru set and wish they would sell a larger bottle of this by itself or even make a body lotion in this wonderful scent! Definitely try this if you love orangey or creamsicle scents!

on 8/1/2001 9:01:00 PM

This stuff smells so yummy -- like orange sherbet! As a bath gel I like it, and as a shampoo I think it's okay -- I might take it on a trip to simplify things but I don't know how my hair would be if I washed with it every day (it seems a little too conditioning for me). It has a very silky texture and lathers nicely. The scent also lingers in your hair for a long time, compared to other shampoos.

Popular Gels/Soaps