December 20, 2014 | 1587 users online

Lip Gloss - Jane Iredale - Honey Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only swatched this on my hand then dabbed it on my lip to see the color. I want to say that this may not work for lighter skinned women. It is an opaque orangy brown color that just didnt enhance my beauty. But I think it would be great for darker women. The gloss itself is a great formula cause I have other colors I love.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice lipgloss, with great ingredients that help your lips. The color is very sheer, but adds a neutral hint of rosy-taupe. However, after wearing for a while, it starts to feel tacky on the lips. I know lip glosses don't last, but I would personally rather them just disappear instead of feeling that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 6:28:00 PM More reviews by NaturalDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite natural gloss. It gives just a hint of color, like JLo lips. It's similar to the Scott Barnes Suggestive color, but more sheer.

You have to try it if you didn't like the old packaging. It's now in a tube, like the Juicy Tubes, but still uses a wand. You get more product now too. The gloss also has a slight mint flavor/scent to it too. I like the new packaging and formulations much better. This review is current as of 10/05.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2004 1:33:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am really loving this l/g! yes, it's expensive (i got it on special for $2 off which eased the pain) and yes, the wand only has a drop/glob on it when it comes out (so you have to put it back in a few times), but: i love the smell, i love the consistency, and i love the color! it's not sticky, it's fairly creamy (i disagree with the vaseline comment, not slimy like that on me), and the color is such a nice YLBB mix of pink and peachy. so beautiful and so easy! Note: I am between LLL & FFF, strawberry blond with blue eyes, truly neutral (not cool or warm). Can see my pics in my profile.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2004 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Smoke

This honey lip gloss goes on a little like Vaseline -- no color, greasy feeling, and unlike one of the other reviewers, I notice a definite musty scent. It doesn't irritate my lips, but it doesn't do anything for me either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2003 12:08:00 AM More reviews by beyond

I bought rum raisin and it is wonderful. It actually feels great, tastes/smells good and feels like a moisturizing treatment. I even wore it before I went to sleep.

The best part is the ingredients, I am very picky in what is in a lip product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2003 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Jeanine

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

IMHO, this gloss is a complete waste of time. First, the tube is really tiny. The applicator handle is almost longer that the part of the tube that carries the product -- which means this gloss carries the same amount as Delux glosses or much less (the latter seems true). And this costs $14.50. Second, the mouth of the tube narrows - probably to permit the sponge tip wand applicator to pass through without leaking product. However, the narrowing of the mouth almost acts like a squeegy affect - making it difficult to get a lot of product out (especially enough of this gloss to see). Third, the color "honey" is a very very sheer so as to almost go on clear (the color of very watery honey with the slightest hint of pink to it). I should note that I have pigmented lips; however, even on my hand the product applies fairly sheerly. JI says this gloss tastes of ginger and tangerine, but to me, it has no scent or taste. It also doesn't last at all. Will definitely not repurchase.