August 22, 2014 | 1074 users online

Styling Products - Redken - 01 glass smoothing anti frizz serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kelsielilly

I bought this product to add some gloss to my freshly dyed brunette hair. I'd used Moroccan Oil, which wasn't spectacular and I've used a product from chi, which is pretty incredible. This is a good product to add gloss and shine and make dry hair soft. You can't use a lot though...your hair will look oily and unwashed! I use less than half what I do with other products. Will buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am not impressed.
I rated it 3 lippies, and my lack of success was not because of my hair. My hair works well with practically every product, and does not get greasy or frizzy easily. Sorry glass, it's not me, it's you.
Before I joined MUA, I was using a different reviewing site that didn't always have the most knowledgeable members...which lead me to the decision of purchasing this serum.
All I can say is that I am so thankful I bought the $10 travel size bottle, rather than the $30 bottle. Because this stuff is just so mediocre.
It's not bad. But it's really not worth your time.
O Glass Serum, let me count the ways you disappoint me:
1. It doesn't make your hair that shiny. I've had drugstore shampoos that give me glossier hair than this product does.
2. It doesn't smell that good. It doesn't smell awful...it just kinda smells like an old man and hairspray
3. It costs $30 for 4 ounces.
4. You have to dispense the product into your hand in the squeeze bottle way. This means its near impossible to get all of your hair evenly treated, it's easy to pour far too much out and it's hard to put back in, and it gets all over your hands.
5. It tends to weigh hair down
6. It's easy to overdo....hellooo grease!

Do yourself a favor and pick up Garnier Fructis's Brillantine shine spray, it costs half the price and gives 5 times for shine. Actually, just pick up any other drugstore shine spray, because I guarantee it will be cheaper, more effective, and less messy than this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

This is a pretty good product to use before or after flat ironing.
I have mainly been using after I flat-iron to keep my hair in place and to keep it smooth and to stop frizzing. I have also found it to be good if it is already on your hair and you need to use a flat iron for touch ups etc - the flat iron glides through your hair.
As people have said before - you don't need to use too much as a little goes a long way (thank goodness as it is not exactly cheap).
The only thing is it doesn't really have a fragrance, but then that could be a good thing when you don't want it to clash with your shampoo/conditioner. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by robotloove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for finishing flat ironed styles. Gives a good boost of shine and makes dry ends look polished. Best thing for taming flyaways! I have had the same (small) bottle forever, as I only use a drop or two at a time. Will repurchase, but probably won't have to for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product can't be applied with a heavy hand. My coarse, thick, frizz prone hair becomes soft, super glossy with the just-came-out-of-a-salon look. Too much or too close to the roots makes it become overbearing in a hurry.

I'd perfer a pump, as i tend to make a mess using this.

Awesome product for a reasonable price. Every girl should try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This stuff isn't bad. I only use a drop or 2 after styling with a straightener to add a little bit of glossiness. It can be really greasy so it's crucial to use only a little. I go for my ends first then move upward. It isn't cheap, but I've had the same bottle for so so long that I don't even remember how much it was. I guess I would get this again, not sure when that will be though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mother used this on me when I was a child and I still have it to this day. I have fine, mostly straight hair, but a TON of it, and for some reason it will just NOT STAY UNTANGLED. If I didn't use conditioner, I would be pulling out hair by the handful trying to brush it out after a shower. As a little girl, I would scream when people tried brushing my hair, until Mom started using this on wet hair. Just use a drop or 2, even on long hair, and don't put this anywhere near your roots unless you want to look unwashed. Other than that, this detangles like a dream and makes the frizzies go away, although it would take a miracle for me not to have SOME frizz.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

So in love with this product! My hair is naturally curly and super thick but when I flat-iron it, I use this stuff and it makes my hair sinfully shiny. I apply a little less than a dime-sized amount while my hair is damp, then I blow-dry with a round brush. I flat-iron and then for the finishing touch, I rub three drops of Glass in between my palms and lightly run my hand over my hair. It cancels out all the frizz and gets my hair looking very glossy. I recently dyed my hair a dramatic blue-black and this product makes it look stunning. HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This didn't reduce the frizz in my coarse, dry, frequently-dyed hair at all. Even though I applied only a tiny amount as instructed, it just sat on the surface of my hair creating an excessive oily gloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by picoulini

This one has done nothing spectacular to my hair, but at least it hasn't done anything bad either.The anti frizz - shine properties only last a couple of minutes.I used it both on wet and dry hair, wavy (natural) or straight (flat ironed), no difference at all.I am still using it like a silicone for split ends, but I still no wonders. I haven't experienced any oiliness,or hair weighting down but my hair are very dry to begin with and its so fluffy it needs dumbbells to weight them down.At least the bottle is huge.you get a good amount of product for the money you pay.anyway hope others had more luck with this.After this bottle is over I' m going back to Kerastase silicone drops.much better!