September 17, 2014 | 1282 users online

Shampoo - Klorane - Strengthening shampoo with quinine and B vitamins

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by natalia98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not experiencing serious hairfall but bought it more for prevention and because I read excellent reviews from most people who've tried it. However, a short while after I started using it, I notice a bit more of my hair falling out than usual. I tried to convince myself that it is normal to lose some hair and still used the shampoo. After some months, I definitely notice more hair falling out when I'm in the shower, brushing my hair, or some strands would even fall when i'm simply walking around! Then I went online and checked out the few negative reviews on this product, where they experience the same thing as me, having more hair fall after using this shampoo.

So while this shampoo might work effectively for many people, it looks like there's a minority group where it actually have the opposite effect on us and cause more hair fall. I feel that the shampoo is too strong for me in some way, I feel stinging sensation on my scalp after using it. Maybe because I have fine, sensitive hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This is a decent shampoo for my fine long hair. Despite being somewhat watery in consistency, it lathers well and my hair seems to shed less. However, I absolutely cannot stand the scent! It smells like cheap men's cologne. I tried to pass this off to my bf since it supposedly helps stimulate hair regrowth but even he couldn't stand the scent. I guess it depends in your tolerance for scents but I don't have any issues with the scents of other Klorane products I've used.

Used in conjunction with the quinine balm, my hair is shiny, soft and bouncy. However, both products are equally strongly scented and the smell lasts all day. If the scent were changed or eliminated, I'd consider repurchasing products from this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by RinaW

I quite like this shampoo, I haven't noticed anything drastic in reducing my shedding but I like the scent. Although it barely lathers, my hair still feels clean afterwards and doesn't feel like my hair is weighed down. I use about 1-2tsp of product and wash my hair 2-3 times a week (i used to wash it everyday but I didn't want to continually strip my hair of its oils) so one bottle lasts me over a month.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for my husband a while back as it's meant to be strengthening and for thinning hair. His hair is thinning a bit in the back but it's not really noticeable (yet). He's very concerned about trying to maintain the strength and condition of his hair to prevent hair loss as much as possible. Much to our surprise, this actually made his hair fall out. It was so bad even his barber noticed and commented on it. He stopped using it and now, several months later, it is back to the thickness it was before using this shampoo. I have had mixed experiences with Klorane and will add other reviews about their products, but my feeling is that this particular shampoo was probably too harsh and drying, making the hair brittle and to break off. Personally I didn't use it but I found the smell horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does what it says it will - I found it did cut back (significantly) on hair lost in the shower, and also breakage. I don't have a problem with hair loss - but I have had problems with breakage, so thought this might help. I find that it also gives me more volume. I think the smell might put people off - but I like it. It's just kind of masculine, which makes sense since I could see men looking for a shampoo to prevent hair loss. I found it gentle and very easy on my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gunzarelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence with this one...I don't use this shampoo on a daily basis anymore as I found it to be a little too drying for my scalp (especially my hairline at my temples). I see it more as a weekly treatment sort of product. I do notice a huge difference in the amount of hair I lose in the shower when using it, so there is definitely something to the strengthening claim, but that's cancelled out as soon as I slather on the conditioner... I absolutely LOVE the smell. Fresh, herbal- not all women want to smell like frou-frou-coco-paradise-berry, after all. This just smells clean to me. The bottle is kind of pretty, and though looks small, has actually taken me FOREVER to get through as I don't need much product for my fine, collarbone-length hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by azarashi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair has been shedding quite a lot for the past 2 months. I started noticing it because my ponytail had reduced to half its size, and i could see more scalp than usual. The quality of my hair was also not at its best and was looking extremely dull and lifeless. So i decided to try Klorane's Strengthening shampoo with Quinine and Vit B after reading some reviews. I thought it was great the first 2 weeks i tried it. Like all the other reviews mentioned, it doesn't lather at all, and the smell is very masculine ... however, it did leave my hair feeling clean and soft afterwards, and it also looked a bit thicker (probably due to the improved quality of my hair from using this shampoo).

However, my experience with the shampoo went downhill during the 3rd week of using it. My scalp started itching, i started getting dandruff (which i never used to get!), and my scalp also started getting very oily on the days when i don't wash my hair (i wash my hair every 2nd day). I didn't want to change my routine and wash every day, because that would dry my hair out. On top of all this, i also started noticing even more hair fall in the shower whilst using this shampoo, and when i brushed my hair, at least 15 hairs would come out of each section that i brushed. So i believe this shampoo had actually made my condition even worse and i've since stopped using it.

I really wished that this shampoo would work for me, because it seemed to work for so many other people on MakeupAlley. I am currently trying out a different shampoo, hopefully it will work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Upset

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great shampoo. My hair has been shedding quite a lot lately due to stress and this made it look and feel "stonger/thicker". Very impressed with the Klorane line in general. Will re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mallee

I have fine and limp hair that tends to be oily at the roots and dry at the ends, sounds like a typical problem but it was surprisingly hard to find a good solution for my hair!! What used to happen was I would end up with an oily, unhealthy, weak scalp that would result in a lot of hair fall. Until I found this shampoo, this is amazing. After two washes, I noticed significantly less hair fall. Usually I would lose more than 10 strands in a wash but now I am losing maybe just 2-3 strands. I also notice my hair is thicker now and I love it!!! It does tend to be a little dry so I don't use this daily. I alternate this with LUSH New! shampoo and Khlorane Peony shampoo. I personally believe it's very important to alternate shampoos so your hair won't "stop responding" to any one. So far Im doing great with this routine and I def recommend this product. The smell is a turnoff for sure, but for me it doesnt "linger" the way it seems to with some people here. I only smell it during the wash! Anyway small con for a great product. :)))

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by duckerz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time I used this (I use the one for hair loss), I was unimpressed as it did not lather much and I felt like my hair was not clean enough. Even the conditioner felt like it was not doing very much. After using it for about a week, I started noticing results. My hair was not dropping as much and it was less oily. The conditioner, even though it seems like you needed to apply heaps to be conditioned (which you don't!), softens the hair and once the hair is dry, is clean and manageable. Love it :)