April 19, 2014 | 1783 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Very Irresistible

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to think I liked rose fragrances, but not anymore...
At least, synthetic rose doesn't seem to do it for me. Smells like OFF bugspray. This particular scent is also rather powdery

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very strong. Very rose-y and floral-y. Just hate it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do think this perfume smells good but not for me, not for now. I think it's a more mature, more woman-ly than bright. I prefer when it's fresh and lighter, event if I like dark winter scents. This one gives me a headache. It's really hard to find a floral that I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sillage

This type of scent isn't really "me", but I get an occasional craving for Very Irresistible, and when that happens, nothing else will do -- nothing! Have to have it.

I just saw in a magazine that for the 10th anniversary of this fragrance (2003), actress Amanda Seyfried will be the new face (from Mamma Mia, Les Miz, Dear John) -- previously it was Liv Tyler. The following article just came out two days ago, where Amanda comments on perfume in general and this one specifically. The article states that this is Givenchy's "signature scent".

Sephora says this about it:
======================================
An homage to Givenchy's early days when fashion and cinema were intertwined, Very Irresistible Givenchy, unites the elegant tradition of French style with the energy and pop-culture pizzazz of American film. Bursting with roses and infused with star anise, and verbena leaf, Very Irresistible Givenchy is a fresh departure from the traditional floral fragrance.

Notes:
Centifolia Rose, Peony Rose, Fantasia Rose, Passion Rose, Emotion Rose, Verbena Leaf, Star Anise.

Style:
Vibrant. Brilliant, Captivating
=====================================

I'm wearing it right now on this cold January day, because once again I craved it and I'm finding it very satisfying -- but for me, this is a very mood-related scent.

This can definitely be worn year-round and in warm weather, since it's light and fresh. (Stella is a deeper, more wintery rose, in my opinion). Very Irresistible is a light, slightly spicy rose with a little fruit added -- very rosy, since there are about 5 kinds of rose in the mix -- a light, fresh, slightly spicy rose (anise), yet with some bright sweet fruitiness, to keep it from being sharp. I find it to be an uplifting, happy, rather carefree fragrance -- and also delicious.

For a light fresh rose, I personally prefer this over Chloe 2005, which I find far sharper, and which does give me a headache.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A French, classy, soft, enduring, modern, creamy rose. Easy to wear. Suits all occasions, casual and formal. It makes me feel pretty. Lasts longer on my clothing and hair than it does on my skin. I get many compliments and my husband loves it on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this scent, just not on me. It's a deep mature floral, more womanly than girly. I prefer brighter, fresher sunnier frags.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

My husband LOVED the smell of this from a tester but I just can't get into it. It's not terrible but it's not great. I don't care much for many florals, though. Even "dark" ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

One word to describe this perfume: Rose. If you're not a fan of rose or floral fragrances, this one isn't for you. If you do like these types of scents, though, this is a really nice one. When I spritz this on, I smell mostly rose, with some peony and lemon. It's very floral, and I find the smell feminine and romantic. The scent is soft, but noticeable, and you could easily overdo it by overspraying. I think this is a nice everyday perfume for the spring and summer months. This perfume has amazing staying power -- it lasts pretty much all day, and doesn't even fade until about 6 hours. The only reason I don't give this perfume 5 stars is because it just isn't complex enough for me. The scent never develops and I get no middle or base notes from this. It just stays the same all day. I wish I could smell some more notes to make this fragrance a little more interesting, because while I do like it, I get bored of it quickly. Like I said, if you're a rose or floral perfume lover, check this out. It's a really nice scent to have around on days when you want something light and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

By far my all-time favorite. Floral and warm, I absolutely love this one. I have two of the special summer editions (2008 and 2009 I believe...), and they stay good, even though I already have them for at least 3 years! I'm tempted to buy the normal version as well, that's how much I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Floral, rosey scented fragrance, sat really heavy on my skin and not a nice smell. Very clinical smell to it i found. Gave me a migraine. Dont think i would re-purchase it.