January 28, 2015 | 1226 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Very Irresistible

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2015 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a couple samples of this not knowing the scent prior. I didn't have any high hopes and I'm glad I didn't. This to me smells like a generic perfume. There isn't anything in this perfume that makes me go "WOW! This is amazing!". It isn't a bad perfume though, I can see more mature women being able to pull this off than women in their early twenties or teens. Also, I'm not a huge fan of a very musky scent and with this one, all I can smell is musk. I can smell a hint of rose in this but I feel that it is over taken by the musk. I would enjoy this more if I could smell the rose more than the musk personally. Not a bad perfume but not one I will be reaching for or planning on buying. If you are torn about this one, get a sample or two before purchasing and see if you like it before dishing the money out for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2015 6:06:00 AM More reviews by raluko

This is such a nice perfume for winter. I was a little bit intimidated by the smell from the bottle, but on my skin the scent changes into something milder, rose-milk is what I would call it. This was a present, it wasn`t something I would have chosen myself, but I am really enjoying the scent and would consider purchasing it again. I love the smell of roses, but somehow in most perfumes this scent can come off as too artificial and old-ladyish. This one is different, there is a youthful creaminess to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

This is such a classy, feminine scent. It embodies everything girl: my womanly curves and my long hair, my manicure, my dainty nose, my long lashes, my pretty lips. Everything about it says: woman. Sexy. Classy. To me, it epitomizes good taste, and tells the world and everyone who experiences my scent that I am feminine. I take care of myself.

I've been wearing this since I was around 13, and will never stop.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume! I'm currently on my second bottle.
This perfume has a very floral scent, so rosy. I find it is delicate and classy smell; very refreshing. It is not powdery or pungent like some fragrances can be (but the scent also depends on your body chemistry, as a perfume can smell lovely on one person, and not not so great on another).
This fragrance is not especially "girly"- not something a young teenager is likely to wear. This is a mature, rather womanly fragrance. It suits all occasions, casual or dressy, and all seasons.
It lasts a long time too. This perfume always get me compliments when I wear it, because it is truly 'irresistible.'
If you don't like floral scents, I urge you to get a sample packet of this, because this might be the fragrance that wins you over.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to think I liked rose fragrances, but not anymore...
At least, synthetic rose doesn't seem to do it for me. Smells like OFF bugspray. This particular scent is also rather powdery

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very strong. Very rose-y and floral-y. Just hate it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do think this perfume smells good but not for me, not for now. I think it's a more mature, more woman-ly than bright. I prefer when it's fresh and lighter, event if I like dark winter scents. This one gives me a headache. It's really hard to find a floral that I like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sillage

This type of scent isn't really "me", but I get an occasional craving for Very Irresistible, and when that happens, nothing else will do -- nothing! Have to have it.

I just saw in a magazine that for the 10th anniversary of this fragrance (2003), actress Amanda Seyfried will be the new face (from Mamma Mia, Les Miz, Dear John) -- previously it was Liv Tyler. The following article just came out two days ago, where Amanda comments on perfume in general and this one specifically. The article states that this is Givenchy's "signature scent".

Sephora says this about it:
======================================
An homage to Givenchy's early days when fashion and cinema were intertwined, Very Irresistible Givenchy, unites the elegant tradition of French style with the energy and pop-culture pizzazz of American film. Bursting with roses and infused with star anise, and verbena leaf, Very Irresistible Givenchy is a fresh departure from the traditional floral fragrance.

Notes:
Centifolia Rose, Peony Rose, Fantasia Rose, Passion Rose, Emotion Rose, Verbena Leaf, Star Anise.

Style:
Vibrant. Brilliant, Captivating
=====================================

I'm wearing it right now on this cold January day, because once again I craved it and I'm finding it very satisfying -- but for me, this is a very mood-related scent.

This can definitely be worn year-round and in warm weather, since it's light and fresh. (Stella is a deeper, more wintery rose, in my opinion). Very Irresistible is a light, slightly spicy rose with a little fruit added -- very rosy, since there are about 5 kinds of rose in the mix -- a light, fresh, slightly spicy rose (anise), yet with some bright sweet fruitiness, to keep it from being sharp. I find it to be an uplifting, happy, rather carefree fragrance -- and also delicious.

For a light fresh rose, I personally prefer this over Chloe 2005, which I find far sharper, and which does give me a headache.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A French, classy, soft, enduring, modern, creamy rose. Easy to wear. Suits all occasions, casual and formal. It makes me feel pretty. Lasts longer on my clothing and hair than it does on my skin. I get many compliments and my husband loves it on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this scent, just not on me. It's a deep mature floral, more womanly than girly. I prefer brighter, fresher sunnier frags.