December 19, 2014 | 1731 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Ambercarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This used to work for me, like a charm. Then about 2 or 3 years ago they added glycolic acid to the mix and I had to stop using it. It made me break out in a red pimply rash that took FOREVER to get rid of. Unfortunate too. I hate when Neutrogena changes their formulas. Leave well enough alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday morning cleanser. It keeps my skin clear without drying out my skin. I finally learned that a cream cleanser is what I needed in addition to acne fighting medicine so that my skin doesn't panic. Recommended for those with sensitive skin prone to T-zone breakouts. It doesn't foam and feels, well, creamy - which is weird for an acne product but just what my skin needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

@yeezytaughtme This product is for people with dry skin which is probably why you did not like it and it made you break out. People with combination/oily skin should use scrubs and foaming cleansers because they are better suited for your skin's chemistry. As for my review, I have been using this product for years and absolutely love it. It has a nice creamy consistency that strips away makeup and impurities without drying my skin out and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. I rarely get breakouts using this. Neutrogena just came out with a new version of this that contains BP. I have only used it once so I can't say much for it yet. I might only use it once a week as BP is very drying. The only thing I don.'to like about this is the price. It is normally $12 at Shoppers Drug Mart which is kind of pricy for the size of the bottle. I usually wait until it goes on sale and I buy 2 or 3 to last me a while. Other than that, I highly recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Yeezytaughtme

This is a horrible cleanser. I would not recommend this to anyone. i have combination-oily/ acne prone skin and this cleanser made me breakout. this cleanser feels very heavy and greasy on the skin, it doesnt feel like its cleaning at all. it also contains harsh chemicals like menthol and fragrances which just irritate the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dianaaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this face wash for about a year or so now and I just can't seem to stop. It's not any different from any other face wash, but it has that feeling of clean after you dry your face. I know some face washes tend to dry your face out afterwards, but I don't have a problem with this one. It hasn't broken me out which I like and it seems to get the job done. I must say, I don't break out very often but this keeps breakouts at bay when I do.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff did NOTHING for my skin that normally responds well to salycilic acid.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, this was one of my first salicylic acid cleansers ever. At the time, I was impressed with the results of the cleanser on my hormonal acne. It had a drying effect and cleared up my face right away. I was so delighted that I repurchased this product about three times. And that is when it stopped working on me altogether.

I know that it is recommended that you switch your acne-products on-and-off. That is what I did for a couple months before returning to this cleanser once again. Unfortunately, it stopped working permanently. So, I have never repurchased since.

Overall, I do think that this product works as a cleanser. For those acne prone, I think that the effects of the cleanser are noticeable but minor. When compared to other products on the market, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love cream cleansers. This one feels so buttery smooth on my skin and my skin feels clean and hydrated afterwards. I leave it on for a minute or two. It seems to really work. I like it. It has a nice cucumber smell and my skin in conjunction with the rapid acne lotion both seem to be helping turn my skin around. The only thing I don't like about it is that it contains menthol. The only thing menthol is good for is a "cooling" sensation. If it wasn't in the product it would be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser off and on since I was about 14 years old. As I got more and more into beauty products I went for the higher end cleansers for a while but decided to pick this up again. I kept it in my bathroom cupboard for months and finally put it in the shower so I could wash my face in the shower before bed (I shower at night). One night I forgot to wipe my makeup off and used this cleanser on my face and eyes - when I got out of the shower my eye makeup was completely washed away with no mascara or eyeliner residue running down my face. I further inspected with a cleansing wipe and even my best foundation was gone from my face! So this stuff removes makeup like a makeup remover and keeps my face clean, and clear of pimples. I have oily acne prone skin but its nowhere near severe and I seem to have grown out of it for the most part. I still have my regular that-time-of-the-month breakouts but to me that's inevitable. Like any product, you have to give it time before you can see results. This is super cheap and a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. Give it a try! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover0987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone, oily skin, and was very happy with this cleanser :)
My thoughts about this are that you really don't need a lot to really clean your face, a dime sized amount spreads evenly all over your face and does the job. Using a dime sized amount and using it every night, lasted me about 4 months!

When you wash it it stays like a cream cleanser and after putting it on your face if you wet your hands and then keep on cleansing it turns into a still creamy but kind of milky cleanser. After washing my face with it my face does not feel dried out and it feels clean, refreshed, and supple.

I really liked this cleanser however don't expect it to get extreme results with your acne, After about washing for a week with it my acne got smaller and some pimples got more dried out so they would go away, but nothing too extreme. This is a gentle cleanser that helped prevent some breakouts for me but it didn't really get rid of pimples or make them stop completely. This did control my skin being less oily though!

Overall, This cleanser helps a little bit with my acne, but mostly made my skin feel good. Less oily and refreshed and clean and the feel and texture of my skin felt better :)

I would buy this again and recomend this for people who have oily and combination skin who want something gentle but a good cleanser :)